ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pink Floyd's 'The Wall' Coming To Broadway (NSC) Return to archive
August 6th, 2004 01:47 PM
GimmeExile Pink Floyd's 'The Wall' Coming To Broadway

NEW YORK (AP) -- Tommy Mottola and Miramax Films are building "The Wall" on Broadway. The hit album by rockers Pink Floyd will be transformed into a Broadway musical.

"Great!" said Pink Floyd co-founder Roger Waters in a statement Thursday. "Now I can write in some laughs, notable by their absence in the movie."

"The Wall," which was turned into a semi-animated 1982 film, is a semi-autobiographical double concept album about a decadent rock star named Pink Floyd. The album churned out hit songs "Hey You," "Mother," "Comfortably Numb" and "Another Brick in the Wall."

Since its release in 1979, "The Wall" has sold over 23 million copies, and is now the third best-selling album of all time.

"There are few projects as timeless as `The Wall,'" said Mottola in a statement. "Even after two decades since its first release, `The Wall' continues to break through every generational, socioeconomic and political boundary."

Waters, who conceived the double album, will write the book and arrange the music for the Broadway version. Although Waters left the band in the 1980s, he retained the rights to "The Wall."

Musicians' libraries of songs turned into Broadway musicals isn't new. The Who, Billy Joel, ABBA and others have achieved success in musical form on the Great White Way.
August 6th, 2004 01:57 PM
jb Why anyone ever liked this drivel amazes me...I cannot listen to one of their songs-not one!!!
August 6th, 2004 02:03 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:
Why anyone ever liked this drivel amazes me...I cannot listen to one of their songs-not one!!!

Money

Money, get away
Get a good job with more pay and you're O.K.
Money, it's a gas
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
New car, caviar, four star daydream,
Think I'll buy me a football team

Money, get back
I'm all right Jack, but keep your hands off my stack.
Money, it's a hit
But don't give me that do goody good bullshit

I'm in the hi-fidelity first class traveling set
And I think I need a Lear jet

Money, it's a crime
Share it fairly but don't take a slice of my pie
Money, so they say
Is the root of all evil today
But if you ask for a rise it's no surprise that they're
giving none away