ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: '69 Poster, '78 T-shirt Return to archive
August 3rd, 2004 08:23 AM
Cant Catch Me Hey people, would you buy this poster for $40-$50 if it was an authentic 1969 print in excellent condition?

I wondered if that seemed like a fair price for an original. I'm sure there are reproductions available too, for less.

And how about $53 for this '78 tour T-shirt, which is an exact reprint of the original by the copyright holder? (It's a cool shirt, and the originals from 1978 are supposed to be very rare and quite expensive.)

Myself, I probably wouldn't get the T-shirt, mainly because I don't wear T-shirts, but I'm tempted to get the poster.
August 3rd, 2004 09:44 AM
jb If they are original items, those are very fair prices...
August 3rd, 2004 09:51 AM
Joey If they are original items, those are very fair prices...
August 3rd, 2004 09:57 AM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:
If they are original items, those are very fair prices...

Joey, if the Stones come to Florida next year, I would like you to consider coming down .....
August 3rd, 2004 10:11 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Joey, if the Stones come to Florida next year, I would like you to consider coming down .....

Hello My Stonesian Brother ..........................I will consider it --- However , if the Rolling Stones should happen to book an appearance at our Brand Spanking New , Twenty Thousand Seat , QWEST Center Arena ( that was built specifically for the Stones ) -- then I am afraid I will have to pass as I can not afford too many four hundred dollar ticket prices ( Think they will go as high as five hundred dollars ?!?! )

Developing .................................

Shiver ................................

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Jersee .

August 3rd, 2004 10:15 AM
jb Can you invade your 401k early?
August 3rd, 2004 10:44 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Can you invade your 401k early?

No ................but I do plan on going to the " CheeseCake Factory " for lunch today ......................and you ?!?!

What say we meet up at the bar ................Oh , ....I don't know .......... What say , ..............Noonish ?!?!?! First " Caribbean Cooler " is on me .

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

J.
[Edited by Joey]
August 3rd, 2004 10:47 AM
jb I very rarely go out for lunch...there is a great Israeli rstaurant down the block and sometimes I get a falafel or steak pita....very delicious but very gassy....
August 3rd, 2004 11:07 AM
Joey " I get a falafel or steak pita "

{{{{ ? }}}}}
August 3rd, 2004 11:25 AM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:
" I get a falafel or steak pita "

{{{{ ? }}}}}

Falafel is an israeli sandwish served in pita bread....
August 3rd, 2004 11:28 AM
justinkurian JB,

Next time you're in NYC, go to Mamoun's...the best falafel (and chicken kabobs) in the city.
August 3rd, 2004 11:32 AM
jb
quote:
justinkurian wrote:
JB,

Next time you're in NYC, go to Mamoun's...the best falafel (and chicken kabobs) in the city.

I love schwama as well....
August 3rd, 2004 12:37 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
jb wrote:
I love schwama as well....

If you love sharwarma, i got a great adress here in Montpellier..the place is called "Aladin" and the boss is from Iraq

You re welcome, of course
August 3rd, 2004 10:04 PM
stonedinaustralia CCM - where are those items available??

btw/love the keith sig. pic

cheers
August 3rd, 2004 10:47 PM
Cant Catch Me Ah, of course, SIA, how could I have not included that information? It's a Web site called Wolfgang's Vault, which bought all existing merchandise from Bill Graham's estate, as well as the copyrights for everything in Bill Graham's archives. They've got a ton of stuff, at least 20 pages for just the Stones, plus all the other groups that Graham worked with. And it's the place where I "lifted" that Keith signature pic. On the site, they're charging a couple of hundred bucks or more for photo prints from the negatives they own.

The URL for the '78 t-shirt is:

http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/CatalogDetail.aspx?ItemNumber=ZZZ001395&ProductTypeID=SH&CategoryID=&Pos=79&Total=260&KeySetID=e34c6c82-93b1-4b63-917e-34e05599f940

Or, this URL gets you started at the main page for ALL the Stones stuff. I think the 1969 naked lady poster ($50) is on page 4 or 5, or possibly 6.

http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/Catalog.aspx?PerformingArtistID=7762

There's also a place called Vintage Depot Direct that lists that '69 poster for sale for $40, with a 10 percent off sale going on right now. It's harder to tell if theirs is authentic or not, though, and what condition it's in. But they say they'll take anything back and refund the cost if you're not completely happy with it.

Take care, SIA, good to hear from you! (Oh, and how about my new avatar, should I keep that one or go back to the old Snakefinger one? That one is nice, and hard to beat, I think.)

[Edited by Cant Catch Me]
August 3rd, 2004 11:00 PM
stonedinaustralia thanks CCM - i'll check it out

re the avatar - the new one is cool - monkey's being a popular theme around here these days

the snakefinger pic was cool too - 'tho i suspect somewhat puzzling for those unaware of him