ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I'm back! Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 2nd, 2004 11:31 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Got back from a 2 weeks holiday in Spain yesterday. Got to go working tomorrow....((
August 2nd, 2004 11:53 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Spain heh? I trust that you had a good time. Work ain't so bad if you like your job.
August 2nd, 2004 11:55 AM
jb Welcome back my Dutch friend!!! Spain is a wondeful country as I spent my honeymoon in marbella a/k/a the spanish riviera.....good look on you new life as a citizen of the world!!!
August 2nd, 2004 11:58 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat I had a great time!
August 2nd, 2004 12:01 PM
jb
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
I had a great time!

Why not visit next time as we will always be grateful to the Dutch for saving thousands of Jews in WW2!!!!
August 2nd, 2004 12:09 PM
Joey
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
Got back from a 2 weeks holiday in Spain yesterday. Got to go working tomorrow....((

Welcome Home SSC .................Er , while you were away on " Holiday " in Spain , did you do anything for ?!?!?!?!

Developing .................................

Joe Sea Scroll !
August 2nd, 2004 02:52 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Joey wrote:

Er , while you were away on " Holiday " in Spain , did you do anything for ?!?!?!?!

No. Should I?
August 2nd, 2004 03:21 PM
Joey
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

No. Should I?

August 2nd, 2004 03:31 PM
jb Hola, me llamo juden whore....y tu?
August 2nd, 2004 03:50 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Hola, me llamo juden whore....y tu?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,127748,00.html

AND

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,127690,00.html
August 3rd, 2004 04:42 PM
egon a Heineken to your return
August 3rd, 2004 05:29 PM
Angiegirl Make it a San Miguel instead
August 3rd, 2004 05:51 PM
Joey
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Make it a San Miguel instead

Hi AngieGirl !
August 3rd, 2004 05:58 PM
Angiegirl Hi Joey! Happy belated B-day!! 40 eh? ouch! I'm turning 30 in 4 weeks...
August 4th, 2004 02:43 PM
Joey
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Hi Joey! Happy belated B-day!! 40 eh? ouch! I'm turning 30 in 4 weeks...

AngieGirl .............you look 20 !
August 4th, 2004 03:21 PM
jb Hi SSC....did you meet Danish John?
August 4th, 2004 03:23 PM
Joey
Hi SSC ...........................Have you heard about THIS ?!?! :

Raw Sewage Floods London's River Thames

( Reuters )

By Jeremy Lovell

" LONDON (Reuters) - British environment authorities mounted a major cleanup operation on Wednesday after flooding forced hundreds of thousands of tons of raw sewage into the River Thames running through central London.

The Environment Agency said 600,000 tons of untreated sewage overflowed into the river as London's Victorian-era sewers were overwhelmed by torrential rains that brought chaos to parts of the city on Tuesday night.

"The overflow has to go somewhere, and the Thames is the natural place," a spokeswoman told Reuters.

The agency said the discharge had killed thousands of fish in the Thames which was declared dead due to pollution in the 1960s but is now reputedly the cleanest urban river in Europe.

But environmentalists have long complained that the city's aging sewer system -- which carries both foul sewage and excess rainfall -- is in disrepair, outdated and increasingly unable to cope with both the rising population and climate change.

When severe storms hit the city -- as on Tuesday -- the rainwater combines with the raw sewage and discharges directly into the Thames to stop it ending on the streets of the city.

Robin Clarke, Director of Waste Water Operations at Thames Water, which is responsible for the sewers, said in a statement that the company "deeply regretted" the loss of fish and was working with the Environment Agency to respond.

"The scale of the fish loss last night was very rare -- a very unfortunate side effect of the exceptionally heavy rainfall. Despite events such as last night, the Thames remains one of the cleanest metropolitan rivers in the world," he said.

In a report last October the London Assembly's Public Services Committee said up to one quarter of the city's brickwork sewers -- many of which date from the 1840s -- were either leaking severely or on the verge of collapse.

The report said that even in moderate rainfall there were regular small sewage discharges into the river. These overflow discharges cause localized pollution problems which are usually treated by two barges known as Thames Bubblers which aerate the polluted water and help microbes digest the sewage.

However, in cases of major overflows more drastic treatment is needed. Thames Water has been told to pour hydrogen peroxide into the water to reoxegenate it.

However, the Environment Agency -- the government's environment watchdog -- said it could take several days to restore the river to prime condition once again. "

August 4th, 2004 03:39 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Make it a San Miguel instead

Hear hear!
August 4th, 2004 03:40 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
jb wrote:
Hi SSC....did you meet Danish John?

Yes I did.
August 4th, 2004 03:40 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Joey wrote:

Hi SSC ...........................Have you heard about THIS ?!?! :

Raw Sewage Floods London's River Thames

Yes I did.
August 4th, 2004 03:41 PM
jb Thanks SSC!!!!
August 4th, 2004 03:43 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Thanks SSC!!!!

Hi Josh !
August 4th, 2004 03:43 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
jb wrote:
Thanks SSC!!!!

I'm the best! And I hate Heineken. I only drink San Miguel these days.
August 4th, 2004 03:45 PM
Joey
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

I'm the best! And I hate Heineken. I only drink San Miguel these days.

SSC is a Great Man and Corgi is now " THE KING " !
August 4th, 2004 03:46 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Joey wrote:

SSC is a Great Man and Corgi is now " THE KING " !

I am THE EMPEROR!!!
August 4th, 2004 03:47 PM
Joey
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

I am THE EMPEROR!!!

.......of ?!?!?!
August 4th, 2004 03:48 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Joey wrote:

.......of ?!?!?!