ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dead Flowers Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 2nd, 2004 07:37 PM
mac_daddy oh, and speaking of the flatlanders - they are playing at the echo (in los angeles) tomorrow night...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
August 2nd, 2004 11:05 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! >>as i am a new and young stones fan i was wondering if n e 1 could tell me where i could here similar music by other artists. also, who influenced the style of guitar solos that taylor is playing.<<

As most people here know, besides being a huge Stones fan, I'm also a big fan of the Grateful Dead, and if you like country flavored tunes with a kick, it just doesn't get much better then the good ole Grateful Dead! This is Americana at it's best, delivering great tunes in the styles of country, bluegrass, folk, rock, blues, world beat, jazz and just about any other possible style of music you can think of. If you don't have access to their vast live shows, I would suggest buying one of the best studio albums, American Beauty.
August 3rd, 2004 10:28 AM
Gazza >if you downloaded the show i recorded from high sierra last month, he played "rich man's war" which will likely be the ne album's first single (i better don my flame-proof suit for that, given the right-wing bend of many on this board )

the big announcement on the multi-artists tour of 'swing states' featuring the likes of Springsteen, Earle, REM, Pearl Jam et al is apparently going to take place in New York tomorrow. The shows will take place in October, although what artists are on what bill will vary from one show to another

[Edited by Gazza]
August 3rd, 2004 10:30 AM
jb REM was another band that was declared the greatest band in the world....they have been reduced to getgting drunk on airline flights, producing unsuccessful movies, and releasing greatest hit album as their careers have been washed up...."Happy, Shiny, People" was as gay as it gets...
August 3rd, 2004 10:34 AM
Joey " REM was another band that was declared the greatest band in the world....they have been reduced to getgting drunk on airline flights, producing unsuccessful movies, and releasing greatest hit album as their careers have been washed up...."Happy, Shiny, People" was as gay as it gets... "

Is Michael Stipe Gay ?!?!?!

Tom Cruise ?!?!?!

Pink ?!?!

Developing ...........................................

August 3rd, 2004 10:35 AM
jb Pam Anderson looked washed out last night on Letterman....
August 3rd, 2004 01:44 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
Pam Anderson looked washed out last night on Letterman....

She looked allright to me on Regis & Kelly this morning.
August 4th, 2004 04:03 AM
mac_daddy the flatlanders were solid tonight...

go see them if they come to your neck of the woods.
August 4th, 2004 04:43 AM
Gazza REM was another band that was declared the greatest band in the world....they have been reduced to getgting drunk on airline flights, producing unsuccessful movies, and releasing greatest hit album as their careers have been washed up....

apart from the air rage incident, some cynics would say that sounds like you could be talking about a certain other band! I'd hardly call them washed up. Their album sales look pretty healthy to me.

>"Happy, Shiny, People" was as gay as it gets...

true, although that song WAS 13 years ago and they DID have the good sense to leave it off their recent hits album due to embarrassment. Pity the Stones didnt do the same with 'Emotional rescue' LOL
August 4th, 2004 10:50 AM
jb Gazza, several years ago, I recall one of those insideous British rags(either MOJO or Q) having a cover with REM proclaiming them the "World's Greatest Band"....this was another vicious attack on the Stones, and thankfully, REM, like all the other pretenders, fell apart.....
August 4th, 2004 11:46 AM
Joey Gazza, several years ago, I recall one of those insideous ( sic ) British rags(either MOJO or Q) having a cover with REM proclaiming them the "World's Greatest Band"....this was another vicious ( sic -- Maybe ! ) attack on the Stones, and thankfully, REM, like all the other pretenders, fell apart.....

[Edited by Joey]
August 4th, 2004 11:53 AM
Lambchop*
quote:
Joey wrote:
Gazza, several years ago, I recall one of those insideous ( sic ) British rags(either MOJO or Q) having a cover with REM proclaiming them the "World's Greatest Band"....this was another vicious ( sic -- Maybe ! ) attack on the Stones, and thankfully, REM, like all the other pretenders, fell apart.....

[Edited by Joey]

[Edited by Lamby*]
August 4th, 2004 11:56 AM
Joey
quote:
Lambchop* wrote:

[Edited by Lamby*]

Speaking of " Edits " ................................

Lamby ................Please ........get over here NOW and edit out the fecal matter that currently surrounds the inner recesses of me rectum .

" U- U- U- U- U- UnCake the Sh## out of Me Ronnie ! "

The Kid !
August 4th, 2004 11:58 AM
Lambchop*
quote:
Joey wrote:

Lamby ................Please ........get over here NOW and edit out the fecal matter that currently surrounds the inner recesses of me rectum .

The Kid !

Posted August 4th, 2004 08:53 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Joey wrote:
Gazza, several years ago, I recall one of those insideous ( sic ) British rags(either MOJO or Q) having a cover with REM proclaiming them the "World's Greatest Band"....this was another vicious ( sic -- Maybe ! ) attack on the Stones, and thankfully, REM, like all the other pretenders, fell apart.....

[Edited by Joey]

[Edited by Lamby*]

quote:
Joey wrote:

[Edited by Joey]

[Edited by Lamby*]

quote:
Joey wrote:

[Edited by Joey]

[Edited by Lamby*]
August 4th, 2004 11:58 AM
Lambchop*
quote:
Joey wrote:

The Kid !

quote:
Joey wrote:

[Edited by Joey]

[Edited by Lamby*]

quote:
Joey wrote:

[Edited by Joey]

[Edited by Lamby*]

quote:
Joey wrote:

[Edited by Joey]

[Edited by Lamby*]
August 4th, 2004 12:01 PM
Joey

August 4th, 2004 12:02 PM
Lambchop*
quote:
Joey wrote:

Digital editing is a gas gas gas!

August 4th, 2004 12:04 PM
Joey
quote:
Lambchop* wrote:

Digital editing is a gas gas gas!

August 4th, 2004 04:03 PM
F505
quote:
Gazza wrote:
and for those of you who DO like Steve Earle, his new album "The Revolution Starts..Now!" is out August 24th

you can hear a few of the new songs here - they sound great:

http://www.steveearle.net/discography/revolution.php

Unfortunately that link is as dead as Jock Ewing
August 4th, 2004 06:23 PM
Gazza I clicked on it and it worked just fine..

http://www.steveearle.net/discography/revolution.php

so, like Bobby Ewing - it came back from the dead and the broken link was all a bad dream
[Edited by Gazza]
August 4th, 2004 07:55 PM
Soldatti Thanks for the link, it works fine for me.
August 4th, 2004 11:44 PM
M.O.W.A.T. I would also add to the list:

Loretta Lynn's Van Lear Rose --> classic country meets Exile-era Stones.
Page: 1 2