ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: (NSC) Would you dare to wear this t-shirt?!?!?! Return to archive Page: 1 2
July 30th, 2004 03:18 AM
MarthaMyDear I have amassed this pretty big t-shirt collection after one too many shopping sprees, I guess!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, I just decided to go with the flow and I started to collect some off-the-wall ones here and there... Of course, I have my beloved Stones t-shirts, etc., but THIS t-shirt, IMHO, has to be the most controversial and I'm debating whether to get it or not... I'll decide on my own, etc., but I'm just wondering what everyone's opinion is on this t-shirt (or on the topic, itself, of course)!!! Anyways... DISCUSS!!! Here's the t-shirt with a link to the site it's on (Planned Parenthood's online store), etc.:

http://store.yahoo.com/ppfastore//ihadabt.html

http://plannedparenthood.com

*** Martha ***
July 30th, 2004 07:02 AM
egon now THAT is funny.
i'm gonna buy it.

July 30th, 2004 07:03 AM
egon if they have my size...
July 30th, 2004 07:21 AM
Gazza Personally, *I* wouldnt.

However, I think it would look funnier on a bloke.
July 30th, 2004 07:24 AM
LadyJane I would not wear the shirt.

I am fiercely pro-choice..but I also believe that abortion is a very, very serious, private and difficult decision.

Just my opinion.

LJ.
July 30th, 2004 07:29 AM
Zeeta I agree Gazza would look funnier on a bloke.
However one is enticing trouble wearing such a top.
If I saw a women wearing one I would think she had as they say "issues" ! It's just a bit sad in my opinion to wear T shirts that have statements on ie - "If you can read this then you are not drunk enough!" - "My mom went to England and the only thing she bought me back was the LOUSY T shirt" - You know the genre of T shirt and the genre of person who wears them!
July 30th, 2004 07:38 AM
Gazza yeah well thats my twisted sense of humour !

I agree with you about the message it would give about the person wearing it though.

Dont do it Martha!
July 30th, 2004 10:44 AM
jb I would have my secretary wear it.
July 30th, 2004 10:54 AM
parmeda Martha...for an addition to your "off-the-wall" stuff, I would have to say it would rank up there in the top 10 someplace, lol

But seriously, I think you have more class than to actually don the thing
July 30th, 2004 01:24 PM
egon so do, or don't they sell it in my size?
it's in XL, but maybe that's XL for women...?
July 30th, 2004 09:58 PM
Sir Stonesalot It would be funnier if it said..."I am an abortion".

MMD...get it...wear it to church. Make sure you get video.
July 30th, 2004 10:31 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
I agree Gazza would look funnier on a bloke.
However one is enticing trouble wearing such a top.
If I saw a women wearing one I would think she had as they say "issues" ! It's just a bit sad in my opinion to wear T shirts that have statements on ie - "If you can read this then you are not drunk enough!" - "My mom went to England and the only thing she bought me back was the LOUSY T shirt" - You know the genre of T shirt and the genre of person who wears them!

zeeta, my friend, it's funny you should say that with your clash signature pic just beneath - they were heavily into it as you would recall - an idea borrowed/stolen from the situationist movement of the '60's - one of my favourites:

BE REASONABLE - DEMAND THE IMPOSSIBLE

as to the topic/t shirt itself - well i wouldn't find it "amusing" if worn by a member of either sex - certainly i'd be struck by the wearer's commitment to get in peoples faces - i can generally see an amusing perspective to the darker things in life but having had first hand experience of the subject (well as first hand as a male can be - and that's a point of view that shouldn't be dismissed)i find it hard to raise a laugh when i think about it

so MMD i guess i'd have to say i wouldn't wear it

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
July 30th, 2004 11:37 PM
mickmask Now if it said..'Im WITH an abortion'... with the complimentary arrow of course... hmmmm????
mm.
July 31st, 2004 02:07 PM
Zeeta
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

zeeta, my friend, it's funny you should say that with your clash signature pic just beneath - they were heavily into it as you would recall - an idea borrowed/stolen from the situationist movement of the '60's - one of my favourites:

as to the topic/t shirt itself - well i wouldn't find it "amusing" if worn by a member of either sex - certainly i'd be struck by the wearer's commitment to get in peoples faces - i can generally see an amusing perspective to the darker things in life but having had first hand experience of the subject (well as first hand as a male can be - and that's a point of view that shouldn't be dismissed)i find it hard to raise a laugh when i think about it

so MMD i guess i'd have to say i wouldn't wear it

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]

Yeah true mate! I like the slogan the Clash used - "The future is unwritten" cool!
August 1st, 2004 02:51 PM
FPM C10
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

Yes, the irony of that struck me too - the Clash tended to cover themselves with slogans. I haven't seen Rude Boy in years but I remember a scene where Joe Strummer is making his own t-shirt which said 'Brigade Rossi" (Red Brigades, the terrorist organization in Italy at the time) and Rude Boy asks him what it means. "Oh, it's a pizza parlor" Joe says dismissively.

August 1st, 2004 05:05 PM
gypsy How about "I should have had an abortion" or "I have had four abortions" or "Your mom should have had an abortion?"

[Edited by gypsy]
August 1st, 2004 05:42 PM
Angiegirl Or "I am an abortion"
August 1st, 2004 05:47 PM
MarthaMyDear There is no way on earth I would wear that shirt!!!
ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P
LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am WAY too much
of a wimp, FIRST of all!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! And, I think I
would be afraid of a terrorist attack... ON ME,
ESPECIALLY!!! lol............. :/ Thank you for the
replies, though!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P
lol........... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P
lol... If I can't wear my "I 'heart' COCK" t-shirt and
my Austin Powers "Studio 69" t-shirt, I sure as hell can't
wear this one!!! lol............ And, Gary, you know me
better than that!!! You know I'm too chicken to wear
something like that!!! And, I'll avoid your advice, SSA, but
thank you anyways!!! LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!! :P
lol...... HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BTW!!!

Anyways, take care, PEACE, and DO ROCK ON!!!
PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
August 1st, 2004 06:10 PM
Factory Girl I would get one that says "You should have been an ab/n" and wear it to a meeting with my piece of scum supervisor.
August 2nd, 2004 07:51 AM
corgi37 I follow U.S. politics pretty closely. Wear it to George Bush's re-election launch!
August 2nd, 2004 08:48 AM
Lazy Bones IMO, if you can abort a life, wearing a t-shirt is peanuts.
August 3rd, 2004 07:14 AM
Cant Catch Me If you really want to get people fired up, you might as well go all the way:

I had an abortion . . .
To give your moron kids a better shot at getting ahead

I had an abortion . . .
Because the youngest ones are better than veal

My girlfriend had an abortion . . .
And all I got was this lousy t-shirt
August 3rd, 2004 07:36 AM
Factory Girl Hey, CCM-the last one "My girlfriend had, and I got was this lousy t-shirt" one is priceless.
August 3rd, 2004 09:35 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
I would have my secretary wear it.

I would have some of my Ex - Girlfriends wear it .
August 3rd, 2004 09:38 AM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

- the Clash tended to cover themselves with slogans. I haven't seen Rude Boy in years but I remember a scene where Joe Strummer is making his own t-shirt which said 'Brigade Rossi" (Red Brigades, the terrorist organization in Italy at the time) and Rude Boy asks him what it means. "Oh, it's a pizza parlor" Joe says dismissively.

" It's a pity that " The Clash " broke up .....I thought that they were a really Great Band " ( Peter Dennis Blandford Townshend , circa 1985 )

August 3rd, 2004 10:37 AM
LadyJane
quote:
Cant Catch Me wrote:
If you really want to get people fired up, you might as well go all the way:

I had an abortion . . .
To give your moron kids a better shot at getting ahead

I had an abortion . . .
Because the youngest ones are better than veal

My girlfriend had an abortion . . .
And all I got was this lousy t-shirt

CCM--You MUST submit your ideas for the official RO Tee Shirt!! We need the input of brilliant albeit demented minds like yourself.

LJ.
August 3rd, 2004 11:00 AM
Cant Catch Me Lady Jane,
Uummm, no, everybody'd be better off NOT seeing my t-shirt idea, in the interest of maintaining a semblance of peace and harmony on Rocks Off.
August 3rd, 2004 12:46 PM
Factory Girl Peace and Harmony on RO???? That is funny...
August 3rd, 2004 02:29 PM
Joey
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Peace and Harmony on RO???? That is funny...

NO STEELIE !!!! ................NO PEACE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J .
August 3rd, 2004 02:52 PM
Factory Girl joey, steelie is back. I would have thought you'd throw a party.
Page: 1 2