ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bianca at the Democratic Convention Return to archive Page: 1 2
July 29th, 2004 10:13 AM
steel driving hammer Bianca Jagger and actor Billy Baldwin listen to introductions during a private party at the Democratic National Convention in Boston, Wednesday July 28, 2004.

Keith will speak at the Republican Convention like in 1965, that will be heavily advertised.
July 29th, 2004 10:20 AM
UGot2Rollme
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Keith will speak at the Republican Convention like in 1965, that will be heavily advertised.

What?
July 29th, 2004 10:21 AM
steel driving hammer Slip my tounge...........................................

July 29th, 2004 10:23 AM
steel driving hammer What?

July 29th, 2004 10:48 AM
Make It Funky WTF?? What & who is Mick doing? Like an old Brit pederast... kinda creepy...what is this?
July 29th, 2004 10:58 AM
Zeeta I know it's none of my business but will you guys in the USA just get Bush OUT!
At least Kerry might be a little less visibly corrupt. As far as I'm concerned as a non US person Bush has done nothing to improve the US's reputation. I'm talking about the goverment and foriegn policies NOT the people who are cool.
July 29th, 2004 11:05 AM
Jumping Jack Corruption? Better start with Chirac and the Food For Oil program. He was willing to let hundreds of thousands die in Iraq to protect his payoffs from Saddam with the help of the equally corrupt UN, and now is turning his back on the Sudan and is willing to watch hundreds of thousands more die to protect his oil interests. Europeans have no moral high ground to take given recent events.

Bianca still looks BITCHY!
[Edited by Jumping Jack]
July 29th, 2004 11:35 AM
Zeeta
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Corruption? Better start with Chirac and the Food For Oil program. He was willing to let hundreds of thousands die in Iraq to protect his payoffs from Saddam with the help of the equally corrupt UN, and now is turning his back on the Sudan and is willing to watch hundreds of thousands more die to protect his oil interests. Europeans have no moral high ground to take given recent events.

[Edited by Jumping Jack]

Wanker
July 29th, 2004 12:09 PM
LadyJane Zeeta, you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

I, along with most of my fellow Democrats, are very concerned about growing Anti-American sentiment in Europe and elsewhere.

Hopefully, come November, change will occur!

Now if you'll excuse me, I must go put on my suit of armour as I will surely be attacked by the pro-Bush RO'ers!!!

LJ.
July 29th, 2004 12:09 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Corruption? Better start with Chirac and the Food For Oil program. He was willing to let hundreds of thousands die in Iraq to protect his payoffs from Saddam with the help of the equally corrupt UN, and now is turning his back on the Sudan and is willing to watch hundreds of thousands more die to protect his oil interests. Europeans have no moral high ground to take given recent events.

[Edited by Jumping Jack]

Pathetic...ask Rumsfeld for more
July 29th, 2004 12:10 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Zeeta, you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

I, along with most of my fellow Democrats, are very concerned about growing Anti-American sentiment in Europe and elsewhere.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must go put on my suit of armour as I will surely be attacked by the pro-Bush RO'ers!!!

LJ.

LJ: the typical COOL american girl
July 29th, 2004 12:33 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
I know it's none of my business but will you guys in the USA just get Bush OUT!
At least Kerry might be a little less visibly corrupt. As far as I'm concerned as a non US person Bush has done nothing to improve the US's reputation. I'm talking about the goverment and foriegn policies NOT the people who are cool.

We didn't vote him in.
July 29th, 2004 12:38 PM
Dan Bush doesn't care what Europe thinks. And neither do I.
July 29th, 2004 06:18 PM
Scottfree Are we talking about the same Europe, that has been at peace due to America making her that way?

WW1, more notably WW2, yeah I recall that Hitler picture staning in front of the Eiffle tower.

I believe there used to be a wall over there somewhere...

Former Yugoslavia, in which the Europeans did nothing about, and we had to go over there and handle the situation...

I'm sorry Bush hasn't endeared himself to you limp wristed Europeans (mainly France), but we have seen your track record....

Lead, follow or get the fuck out of the way.....
July 29th, 2004 10:17 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Well I ain't no pro Bush. But even if Kerry does get elected there won't be any "change" but the cosmetics, perhaps a few new script writers, fire a costume designer or two, the lighting crew might get a face lift, Punch and Judy might even change hats. But one thing probably WON'T change.....reality.
July 30th, 2004 01:01 AM
Water Dragon
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

But even if Kerry does get elected there won't be any "change" but the cosmetics, perhaps a few new script writers, fire a costume designer or two, the lighting crew might get a face lift, Punch and Judy might even change hats. But one thing probably WON'T change.....reality.

Brother, you have hit the nail on the proverbial head with that statement...and all of those fuckers that allowed 3K+ to die will still be getting their paychecks in Langley too!
July 30th, 2004 01:18 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Water Dragon wrote:
Brother, you have hit the nail on the proverbial head with that statement...

Yeah I know. And all it takes is a basic understanding of 50's television 101. LOL.

(anyway that interview with Serling is too long post I think, so here's the link if anyones interested.)
http://www.rodserling.com/brevelleint.htm

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
July 30th, 2004 02:02 AM
Poplar
It's like this. Europe has proven itself as ungrateful half-friends to the United States. Not unlike the friend who only gets in touch with you when they feel they HAVE to. Like the friend that only calls when you are sick, or a loved one has died. If these European nations were truly our friends - they would be more cooperative now, not just after September 11th. The Democrats would have you believe the days after 9/11 were great proud day for America, because the world had pity for us. Only the Democrats, who have pandered to "victims" for generations, could see 9/11 the way they do: an "opportunity" because the world - for a moment - felt sorry for us. While I WAS proud of my nation's resolve and determination, i was also extremely pissed off, and ready to fight. I did not want anyone's pity - then or now, Mr. Kerry.

Gerhard Schroeder - turned on Bush and exploited anti-american sentiment in Germany to save his own political ass during an election.
Jacques Chirac - up to his eyeballs in the Iraqi/UN oil for food scandal.
Vlad Putin - fighting his own war with Muslim wackos in southern Russia.

You expect these guys to have our back when it came to dealing with a problem like Iraq? Grow up.

Europe (or some of it at least) has simply been exposed as the weak sisters of the Western World.

Remember the French not allowing us to fly over their territory to deal with Libya, after the terrorist slaughter of Americans and Europeans in Italy? This isn't the first time this nation has tried to stick it to us. But that's fine - that's just who the French are now. I don't really expect much more from them. We also bailed their ass out in Bosnia, when Bill Clinton (without asking the UN) sent troops to relieve the French force which lost 20 some troops in its peacekeeping efforts. Don't worry, France, got your back there too.

I'll close by quoting George W. Bush, who delivered a fantastic speech on the most recent anniversary of D-Day. There, on the shores of Normandy, he spoke these words, not 15 feet from Chirac: "America sent its sons to fight and die on these beaches because our friends needed help. And we would do it again."

If Chirac is half a man, that should have made him - at least for a moment - realize just what a pussy his nation has become.

but hey - like W said - when the French need help - we'll STILL have their back. Just wish they would do the same every now and then for us.

Give 'em hell George W.

July 30th, 2004 02:58 AM
Jumacfly Ho Poplar can you tell me where are the Iraqi MDW ???
you re upset cuz France was right about that...here we got a brain you know, sometimes you can use yours....
and before bashing Europe don t forget where you come from...
July 30th, 2004 06:41 AM
Jumping Jack The WMDs are most likely in Syria and Iran. Waiting forever to go in gave them ample time to be sold and moved.

Not unlike a drug bust where the cops are at the door and have to wait 3 days for a search warrant and by that time all the goodies are down the toilet and everyone claims they never existed.
July 30th, 2004 06:51 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
The WMDs are most likely in Syria and Iran. Waiting forever to go in gave them ample time to be sold and moved.

Good....i see there are many experts here...i love those people who can answer to everything...why don t you send your CV to US Army??
July 30th, 2004 11:42 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Poplar wrote:

It's like this. Europe has proven itself as ungrateful half-friends to the United States. Not unlike the friend who only gets in touch with you when they feel they HAVE to. Like the friend that only calls when you are sick, or a loved one has died. If these European nations were truly our friends - they would be more cooperative now, not just after September 11th. The Democrats would have you believe the days after 9/11 were great proud day for America, because the world had pity for us. Only the Democrats, who have pandered to "victims" for generations, could see 9/11 the way they do: an "opportunity" because the world - for a moment - felt sorry for us. While I WAS proud of my nation's resolve and determination, i was also extremely pissed off, and ready to fight. I did not want anyone's pity - then or now, Mr. Kerry.

Gerhard Schroeder - turned on Bush and exploited anti-american sentiment in Germany to save his own political ass during an election.
Jacques Chirac - up to his eyeballs in the Iraqi/UN oil for food scandal.
Vlad Putin - fighting his own war with Muslim wackos in southern Russia.

You expect these guys to have our back when it came to dealing with a problem like Iraq? Grow up.

Europe (or some of it at least) has simply been exposed as the weak sisters of the Western World.

Remember the French not allowing us to fly over their territory to deal with Libya, after the terrorist slaughter of Americans and Europeans in Italy? This isn't the first time this nation has tried to stick it to us. But that's fine - that's just who the French are now. I don't really expect much more from them. We also bailed their ass out in Bosnia, when Bill Clinton (without asking the UN) sent troops to relieve the French force which lost 20 some troops in its peacekeeping efforts. Don't worry, France, got your back there too.

I'll close by quoting George W. Bush, who delivered a fantastic speech on the most recent anniversary of D-Day. There, on the shores of Normandy, he spoke these words, not 15 feet from Chirac: "America sent its sons to fight and die on these beaches because our friends needed help. And we would do it again."

If Chirac is half a man, that should have made him - at least for a moment - realize just what a pussy his nation has become.

but hey - like W said - when the French need help - we'll STILL have their back. Just wish they would do the same every now and then for us.

Give 'em hell George W.

So, what you are trying to write is that your beef with Europeans is that they can't divine the brilliance in George Bush that you insist is there? Dude, fuck Europe, you got problems in your own trailer park. Even people who are voting for that half-wit know he's a fucking dope.

Jesus christ, closing with a quote from his "fantastic" speech -- "on the shores of Normandy" no less! LOL! That was some funny ass shit! Do some more fucking acid!
July 30th, 2004 11:53 AM
telecaster Lance Armstrong To Be Stripped Of Title:

3 banned substances were found in his hotel room in France:

soap, shampoo and toothpaste

developing

July 30th, 2004 12:08 PM
Poplar
quote:
Scottfree wrote:
Are we talking about the same Europe, that has been at peace due to America making her that way? WW1, more notably WW2, yeah I recall that Hitler picture standing in front of the Eiffle tower. I believe there used to be a wall over there somewhere... Former Yugoslavia, in which the Europeans did nothing about, and we had to go over there and handle the situation... I'm sorry Bush hasn't endeared himself to you limp wristed Europeans (mainly France), but we have seen your track record....

I just read a news article from just after WW2. It was about all the beefing in France and Germany over the "unfair and unwanted occupation" by American forces. Can you imagine? Like spoiled children Europe has become. Demanding everything and offering so little in return. Strike that ... more like like a senile old parent that must be cared for by a younger, more capable generation.

yep - we came from Europe, my ancestors included. Left that place and we still gotta solve your problems from time to time.

In all honesty - I've been to Europe several times, and I love it. Plenty of great people, and in many places, a truly wonderful way of life. That even goes for rural France. It goes double for the eastern nations that are clearly flourishing after their escape from Soviet tyrany. Walking around in Budapest & Prague, I couldn't help but be stunned at my nation's impact on the world. Europe is an amazing place - But I'm pretty much over worrying about their views on America.

and yeah - the acid eating lot is known to be a big pro-Bush crowd ... in fact (little known secret) the famed acid tests were actually held at the 1968 Republican Convention. Nixon himself was a great cook. Goldwater was more of a shroom guy ... ? huh ?

[Edited by Poplar]
July 30th, 2004 01:12 PM
jb
July 30th, 2004 01:19 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Poplar wrote:

I just read a news article from just after WW2. It was about all the beefing in France and Germany over the "unfair and unwanted occupation" by American forces. Can you imagine? Like spoiled children Europe has become. Demanding everything and offering so little in return. Strike that ... more like like a senile old parent that must be cared for by a younger, more capable generation.

yep - we came from Europe, my ancestors included. Left that place and we still gotta solve your problems from time to time.

In all honesty - I've been to Europe several times, and I love it. Plenty of great people, and in many places, a truly wonderful way of life. That even goes for rural France. It goes double for the eastern nations that are clearly flourishing after their escape from Soviet tyrany. Walking around in Budapest & Prague, I couldn't help but be stunned at my nation's impact on the world. Europe is an amazing place - But I'm pretty much over worrying about their views on America.

and yeah - the acid eating lot is known to be a big pro-Bush crowd ... in fact (little known secret) the famed acid tests were actually held at the 1968 Republican Convention. Nixon himself was a great cook. Goldwater was more of a shroom guy ... ? huh ?

[Edited by Poplar]

1776?
July 30th, 2004 01:30 PM
jb Thanks Jumacfly!!! You are a true friend!!!!
July 30th, 2004 01:35 PM
Jumacfly Hi JB!! how was NYC??

Joey did a great job while your holidays and a guy called FAt bOy tried to usurppate your name!!

but shit, no Stones news ....

cheers

Ju
July 30th, 2004 01:52 PM
Dan
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Well I ain't no pro Bush. But even if Kerry does get elected there won't be any "change" but the cosmetics, perhaps a few new script writers, fire a costume designer or two, the lighting crew might get a face lift, Punch and Judy might even change hats. But one thing probably WON'T change.....reality.

"The two parties should be almost identical, so that the American people can �throw the rascals out� at any election without leading to any profound or extensive shift in policy."
~ Carroll Quigley
July 31st, 2004 04:07 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Lance Armstrong To Be Stripped Of Title:
3 banned substances were found in his hotel room in France:
soap, shampoo and toothpaste

Bamm!

Stones!
Page: 1 2