ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: See ya next Friday. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
July 29th, 2004 04:00 PM
F505 hi joey
July 29th, 2004 04:02 PM
Joey
quote:
F505 wrote:
hi joey

Hi F505 , I see you are back from the Japan WHO gigs .
July 29th, 2004 04:03 PM
LadyJane Here ya go:
9:45 p.m. John Kerry's family makes remarks. Included are his daughters, Vanessa and Alexandra Kerry, as well as his stepsons, Chris and Andre Heinz.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 p.m. Some of John Kerry's crew mates from his Vietnam War days will be on hand at the convention and are scheduled to speak. Also, Jim Rassman, who says Kerry saved his life in 1969 during an ambush in Vietnam's Mekong Delta, will make remarks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10:15 p.m. Former Sen. Max Cleland, a veteran who lost two legs and an arm in the Vietnam War, introduces John Kerry.

10:30 p.m. Sen. John Kerry takes the stage to accept the Democratic presidential nomination and outline his vision for the future under the banner of "Stronger at Home, Respected in the World."

Joey...so many 'Nam veterans. Surely you were asked to speak?

LJ.
July 29th, 2004 04:09 PM
F505
quote:
Joey wrote:

Hi F505 , I see you are back from the Japan WHO gigs .

The first live in Japan.
Pete and Roger seem seeing how things go at first time in Japan. But the audience went wild enough to make performer excited. I didn't expected such a large number of Who fans in Japan. Everyone seems to be really happy.

90 minutes of really historical performance.

I Can't Explain
Substitute
Anyway Anyhow Anywhere
Baba O'Riley
Behind Blue Eyes
Real Good Looking Boy
Who Are You
Love Reign O'er Me
My Generation / Old Red Wine
Won't Get Fooled Again

(encore)
Pinball Wizard
Amazing Journey / Sparks
See Me Feel Me
Listening To You

Pete smashed his pc at finish.
July 29th, 2004 04:11 PM
Joey
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Joey...so many 'Nam veterans. Surely you were asked to speak?

LJ.

I was asked to speak but declined due to my Baby Josh being on vacation .
July 29th, 2004 05:17 PM
Some Guy when is jb back?
July 29th, 2004 05:22 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
when is jb back?

{{{{{{{{ ? }}}}}}}}}}}
July 29th, 2004 06:34 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
F505 wrote:

Pete smashed his pc at finish.

As in his laptop!?!?

Damn. Since the proliferation of laptops on rock concert stages I have been WAITING for someone to smash their laptop on stage. I figured it was the next level of symbolic rock auto destruct, since many people have, like, their entire lives on those things. If this is true I have newfound respect for Mr. Pete Townshend. Of course, he may have been "destroying evidence". . .

July 29th, 2004 07:43 PM
beer
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

As in his laptop!?!?

Damn. Since the proliferation of laptops on rock concert stages I have been WAITING for someone to smash their laptop on stage. I figured it was the next level of symbolic rock auto destruct, since many people have, like, their entire lives on those things. If this is true I have newfound respect for Mr. Pete Townshend. Of course, he may have been "destroying evidence". . .

Now, THAT is funny!
July 30th, 2004 01:45 AM
gypsy How come nobody cares about when gyps gets home?
It's all about jb.
July 30th, 2004 07:01 AM
egon It's Friday, hit me JB!!

Gyps, when will you come (to my) home?
July 30th, 2004 07:52 AM
LadyJane
quote:
gypsy wrote:
How come nobody cares about when gyps gets home?
It's all about jb.

I care!! Hope you're having a great time, girlfriend.

I expect a FULL report when you get home!!

LJ.
July 30th, 2004 09:05 AM
Some Guy Kerry looked good last night.
July 30th, 2004 10:11 AM
jb Hi all!!! Hope everything went well in my absence. New York was great....Anyway, it's good to be back and posting again with all my "Rocks-Off" friends... Any news to catch up on-tour rumors, Joey's post #'s, SDH's return, Gypsy's pole t-shirt, etc?
July 30th, 2004 10:13 AM
Some Guy Hi jb, glad your back safely, I hope it went well and your family is good. Kerry looked good last night. Hope is on the way!
July 30th, 2004 10:31 AM
jb
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Hi jb, glad your back safely, I hope it went well and your family is good. Kerry looked good last night. Hope is on the way!

Thanks Some Guy....it was a fun trip and New York is like no other city in the world...as me and my 8 and 10 year old sons' walked Times Square, they were handed no less than 6 times coupons for live sex shows -really fantastic!!!
July 30th, 2004 10:39 AM
parmeda Hi jb...missed ya!
Okay, I'll say it..."it was a dull few days without you".

Glad to hear you had a good time in NY.
July 30th, 2004 10:42 AM
jb
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Hi jb...missed ya!
Okay, I'll say it..."it was a dull few days without you".

Glad to hear you had a good time in NY.

Thanks Pam...I missed everyone too!!! I trust Joey kept things lively in my absence...
July 30th, 2004 10:44 AM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:
Thanks Some Guy....it was a fun trip and New York is like no other city in the world...as me and my 8 and 10 year old sons' walked Times Square, they were handed no less than 6 times coupons for live sex shows -really fantastic!!!

HA-HA!!
July 30th, 2004 10:50 AM
parmeda
quote:
jb wrote:
Thanks Pam...I missed everyone too!!! I trust Joey kept things lively in my absence...

Oh, absolutely!
But we did have to talk him down off of his ledge a few times...you know how emotional he can get.
July 30th, 2004 11:40 AM
telecaster
quote:
gypsy wrote:
It's all about jb.

I care honey. Get your biscuts in that oven and your buns in that bed
July 30th, 2004 11:58 AM
stewed & Keefed Welcome back jb
July 30th, 2004 11:59 AM
Joey
Still no word from my Baby Steelie

I hope he is alright as he has recently gained lots of weight , has grown a beard and kinda resembles Keith Moon ( circa 1977 ) these days ......................

Developing ....................................

Shiver .........................................

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

[Edited by Joey]
July 31st, 2004 04:48 AM
egon welcome back jb. how were things in israel?
August 1st, 2004 04:58 PM
gypsy Thanks, LJ, tele, and jb. I knew I could count on y'all.
I have been away from the computer for two whole days!
The weather's beautiful...I just washed my car and ran I-don't-know-how-many laps around my old high school track, and ran into an old high school friend down there...and talked a bit...he used to be so hot...and now he's got the beer-belly thing going.
Anyways, I miss you all!
[Edited by gypsy]
August 1st, 2004 06:13 PM
Factory Girl welcome back gypsy and jb. jb, I recently returned fron Fort Lauderdale, where it rained, rained, rained.
August 1st, 2004 06:26 PM
parmeda
quote:
gypsy wrote:
It's all about jb.

("psst! gypsy!" ...I would never intentionally "slide" anyone from their return, espcially you!
But, you know how these guys are...we have to "stroke 'em" every now and then, lol. ...make sure that they feel loved. It's their egos. We need to keep them in check, girl!)
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7