ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Best Stones videos? Return to archive Page: 1 2
July 19th, 2004 06:48 PM
stones-addict
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
One Hit To The Body

Right on! The tension and anger made that my hands-down favourite. Peace!
July 19th, 2004 07:06 PM
Gimme Shelter They need to put out an updated video collection on DVD.
July 19th, 2004 07:23 PM
MrPleasant She's so cold.

My favourite video by anyone.
July 19th, 2004 08:33 PM
corgi37 See, Gazza, this is the problem. You mention clips for songs like Dancing with Mr D, Aint too proud to beg, Time waits for no one. I have never seen those clips.

I must say i like the straight performance clips. To me, their worst time was when they tried to copy Duran Duran. I mean, they did a good job with the Undercover vids, but they went all big budget, and lost the charm of the Some Girls era.

Rewind is a great little teaser. Even then, it didnt go long enough. It was basically in support of the Greatest Hits cd that came out. I am stunned there has been no official clips dvd released. Though, i imagine the ABKO hassles might have some thing to do with it.

Are there any official clips for Honky Tonk Women, Tumblin Dice or Brown Sugar?

My top 5, sort of, as i aint really fussed:
1. Respectable
2. JJFLAsh (odd to say, but BOTH versions)
3. Start me up
4. Love is strong
5. Going to a Go-Go (Might seem odd, but i adored this clip. Gave me a real feel of the concert excitement. Especially as the arrogant pricks decided not to tour here in 81-82).

P.S. Good news though! I'm finally downloading CS BLues. Got 1/2 way through pt1. Not that good, but is that Jagger wanking near the start? Very disturbing.
July 19th, 2004 09:34 PM
Egbert Too bad the bar (nee St. Marks) in the East Village where part of the Waiting On A Friend video was filmed recently underwent a complete overhaul - up until a couple years ago it had remained pretty much unchanged since the time of the video - now it's unrecognizable. The Sticky Fingers inspired wall painting was cool - with Brian peering down from above. Anybone been there?
July 19th, 2004 10:17 PM
Bloozehound The Rewind video was one of my first introductions to the Stones concert or music video-wise. A buddy of mine was a Stone's freak and I was just getting into their music listening to alot of comps likes Hot Rocks, Hightides and Green Grass, and a couple of the big 4 era albums, BB and SF.

Anyways, I had never seen a music video of theirs or a concert, and I wanted to watch some videos of them, so my friend lent me copies of Rewind, Gimmie Shelter, and Let's Spend the Night Together. I remember very vividly my reaction to seeing these videos for the first time, Mick Jagger freaked me out!

I didn't get it, here they were playing this balls-to-the wall, god-awesome rock and here's this little skinnny-assed Mick Jagger just prancing around like such a ninny, in all his freaky outfits. It really baffled me for a while, I didn't exactly know what to make of it. I was so accustomed to the traditional male lead rock-singer, who usually just stood center stage or moderately danced around. And the outfits, the yellow football pants and jersey w/ flag thing in LSTNT, and black leotards & cape-thingy in GS, LOL. Eventually I got over it, but it's funny when I recall some of these old videos, because I remember my initial shock...

..but I also recall I thought Keith looked like the coolest dude to ever walk with a guitar in hand.

[Edited by Bloozehound]
July 19th, 2004 10:50 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
They need to put out an updated video collection on DVD.

I'm 100% with you
July 19th, 2004 11:56 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Egbert wrote:
Too bad the bar (nee St. Marks) in the East Village where part of the Waiting On A Friend video was filmed recently underwent a complete overhaul - up until a couple years ago it had remained pretty much unchanged since the time of the video - now it's unrecognizable. The Sticky Fingers inspired wall painting was cool - with Brian peering down from above. Anybone been there?

YES I BEEN THERE..I WENT IN 98 BEFORE MSG SHOW AND IT WAS THE SAME AS 81,VERY COOL ,LOTS OF STONES FREAKS THERE-TATTOO YOU ON THE JUKEBOX.I WENT BACK IN 03 BEFORE PPV SHOW AND ITS NOW CALLED TRIBE.THE ONLY WAY YOU'D KNOW IT WAS THE SAME IS THE POLES NEAR THE BAR.CHECK IT OUT AT 1ST AVE AND ST MARKS.BY FAR BEST VIDEO EVER THEY EVER DID,IMO.
July 20th, 2004 03:24 AM
MarthaMyDear I like the She Was Hot video... In fact, I basically love
all of their videos, probably, and I'm not kidding, either...
lol.............. I used to have the 25x5 video
and wore the shit out of it and I don't know where it went (it
probably ran away from me)... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P
lol.......... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I might have to get another copy, I think...
PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
July 20th, 2004 03:28 AM
MarthaMyDear ALTHOUGH, I FRICKING HATE THE HARLEM SHUFFLE VIDEO!!!
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Probably because it's a cartoon... Who
wants to see a fucking cartoon when you can be MORE
entertained by Mick's expressions, and shit?!?!?! And, I don't
like that song either and don't know why... PEACE!!!
CHEERS!!!

*** Martha ***
July 20th, 2004 05:18 AM
Gazza >See, Gazza, this is the problem. You mention clips for songs like Dancing with Mr D, Aint too proud to beg, Time waits for no one. I have never seen those clips.

There wasnt one for Time waits for no-one. It was Till The Next Time. those clips are indeed hard to find

>Rewind is a great little teaser. Even then, it didnt go long enough. It was basically in support of the Greatest Hits cd that came out. I am stunned there has been no official clips dvd released. Though, i imagine the ABKO hassles might have some thing to do with it.

I wouldnt think so, as those songs are up to 1971 and promo clips up until then are few and far between.

>Are there any official clips for Honky Tonk Women, Tumblin Dice or Brown Sugar?

No. The old Grey Whistle Test showed their own clip for TD which was an animation (as was the normal thing in those days) but there was no actual promo clip. The Stones did perform HTW and BS on Top of the Pops however and a tour rehearsal of TD for Whistle Test but they didnt produce promo films as such.

>My top 5, sort of, as i aint really fussed:
1. Respectable
2. JJFLAsh (odd to say, but BOTH versions)

I have three!!

>3. Start me up
4. Love is strong
5. Going to a Go-Go (Might seem odd, but i adored this clip. Gave me a real feel of the concert excitement. Especially as the arrogant pricks decided not to tour here in 81-82).

I liked that one too. The one that's pure concert footage though from Hampton, not that hideous edit of Hampton footage plus the clips of girls dancing in some club. Vile.

>P.S. Good news though! I'm finally downloading CS BLues. Got 1/2 way through pt1. Not that good, but is that Jagger wanking near the start? Very disturbing.

I think he's playing what we call "pocket billiards". You have a PM mate.
July 20th, 2004 05:23 AM
beer
quote:
Gazza wrote:

>Are there any official clips for Honky Tonk Women, Tumblin Dice or Brown Sugar?

not really official i guess, but,
Watch Honky Tonk Women from Ed SuLlivan in '69. Taylor makes a rare appearence playing that white telecaster, even though they're miming.
July 20th, 2004 11:21 PM
BILL PERKS BEST VIDS
WAITIN ON FRIEND
ONE HIT
SHE WAS HOT
DANCIN WITH MR D
ALMOST HEAR YOU SIGH
LIKE A ROLLIN STONE
GOIN TO A GOGO
July 21st, 2004 10:41 PM
corgi37 Thanks for the info. I have BS from top of the pops downloaded. Very gay Jagger cap! I'll look for the Ed Sullivan HTW - THey play heaps of his old shows on our cable tv. They usually only play the same crap though. Mamas and papas, Beatles, Tony Bennet, those wacky dudes doing "Aquarius". The main Stones song they play is "Paint it black".
July 21st, 2004 10:58 PM
corgi37 Gazza - You got a PM.
July 21st, 2004 11:03 PM
Snappy McJack
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
They need to put out an updated video collection on DVD.

Instead of releasing "Jump Back" or some live album to pass the time, your request would be a much more favorable option, IMO.
July 25th, 2004 07:47 PM
glencar Would it be very tough to do that compilation DVD? They have all the rights & there's probably enough interest out there.
July 25th, 2004 10:06 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Snappy McJack wrote:
Instead of releasing "Jump Back" or some live album to pass the time, your request would be a much more favorable option, IMO.

I think the same. They don't have a post 1971 b-sides collection, a DVD collection of videos, a little box set of unreleased songs...
Too many things to release, but we are getting warhorses and live albums to death.
[Edited by Soldatti]
July 27th, 2004 11:04 AM
exile I my humble opinion

1. Love is Strong
A great song and a wicked clip the stones 3o stories high stomping round new york Come on that clip RULED.

2.Shes So Cold
nothing else the stones and a bunch of white tiles

3.Faraway Eyes

(Not really related but Mick Jaggers solo "Just another Night" was a pretty good video as well i thought)
July 30th, 2004 11:06 PM
The Eggman
quote:
telecaster wrote:
What do you think the $500 they spent on the "Start Me Up" video would be worth in today's dollars?

The 20 bucks given to some kid on the street, only asked "If you know how to use one of these?"
Page: 1 2