ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Best Stones videos? Return to archive Page: 1 2
July 19th, 2004 03:23 AM
F505 I liked the ones from Some Girls such as the Respectable video: very wild and punky. Faraway eyes and Miss You were good ones. In all these videos of the seventies you saw the band 'play' which I like the most. In recent years the videos turned into cartoons, plays or mini-motion pictures.....poor Charlie....
July 19th, 2004 03:31 AM
shakedhandswithkeith Worried about you - Mick on piano, I like that one
July 19th, 2004 05:00 AM
Gazza I tend to like a lot of the "New York" backdrop ones - Love is strong, Anybody seen my baby, Waiting on a Friend etc

although I don't think theres any image on a Stones promo video to match the sight of them, with all that warpaint, doing Jumpin Jack Flash. Their most memorable video and their greatest ever single.
July 19th, 2004 05:36 AM
Jumping Jack One Hit To The Body
July 19th, 2004 08:00 AM
Navin Any one video....my vote would go to "Highwire" - Shot brilliantly using light and dark in a factory-like location to great effect...also where all the Stones shine on the single as well:

- The opening Charlie/Keith assault - give the opening sound enough power to kick the doors of the mind into high gear (???)
- Mick finally got back both his bark and bite along with that stoned-lazy-slurring vocal
- That Ronnie lead in the middle (need to add more to that?)

All in all, something for the fans, the only studio single (leaving out 'Sex Drive') between 1989 and 1994 - had this feeling that 'Voodoo Lounge' would be in quite the same vein after witnessing such power. This was the modern Stones at their height at the end of a tour....its a pity they never play it live.

July 19th, 2004 11:37 AM
exilestones@netscape Yeah. They're all great vids. My fav is She Was Hot.
July 19th, 2004 11:56 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Gazza wrote:

although I don't think theres any image on a Stones promo video to match the sight of them, with all that warpaint, doing Jumpin Jack Flash. Their most memorable video and their greatest ever single.

Not to mention a stone cold killer version -- love those "Yeah's" and "My My's".

Probably the greatest promotional rock and roll video ever.

July 19th, 2004 11:58 AM
telecaster What do you think the $500 they spent on the "Start Me Up" video would be worth in today's dollars?
July 19th, 2004 12:04 PM
Bloozehound That purple leotard Mick sports in SMU was probably designer, bet it cost buku $$$, probably most the budget right there.

July 19th, 2004 12:05 PM
F505 Waiting On A Friend was a good one. Keith looked great in that one. The end was cool when they met in that bar.
July 19th, 2004 12:08 PM
Saint Sway while not a "Stones" video - Keef's "Wicked As It Seems" is by far the coolest video out of the Stones camp

other goodies are:
Saint Of Me
Like A Rolling Stone
One Hit To the Body
I Go Wild
Love Is Strong
Undercover
Memory Motel
You Got Me Rocking
July 19th, 2004 12:10 PM
Bloozehound Waiting on a Friend a great one, great song & great video.

The Faraway Eyes video is pretty comical due to Jagger hamming it up, it makes me laugh.
July 19th, 2004 12:28 PM
Jumacfly i think Like a Rolling Stone was cool too, but my fav are definitely from the Some Girls Area:
the stones are so sarcastic and so fun to watch! Ronnie is one of the greatest clown ever, indeed
July 19th, 2004 12:45 PM
Soldatti On this order:

1. One Hit
2. Like A Rolling Stone
3. Love Is Strong
4. Saint Of Me
5. Undercover Of The Night
July 19th, 2004 12:54 PM
F505 The very first video I remember was Angie. As a kid I watched the Dutch programme Toppop with host Ad Visser (the hitpisser). In the studio only mediocre bands appeared like Middle of the Road, Mud or Status Quo. The superstars like Bowie and the Stones made clips and that's how I saw the Stones on tv for the first time in my life (in black and white). I do remember Keith with bad teeth and bushy hair and Mick with a hat. The next video I watched must have been It's only rock 'n roll with the bubbles....
July 19th, 2004 01:02 PM
doo doo doo Dude I caught the video for "Crazy Mama" this weekend on VH1. The Stones were lip synching but it still made my day. Made me bust out Black & Blue.
July 19th, 2004 01:12 PM
Soldatti IORR video was very good and crazy, one of the few with Mick Taylor.
July 19th, 2004 04:17 PM
Gazza >The very first video I remember was Angie. As a kid I watched the Dutch programme Toppop with host Ad Visser (the hitpisser). In the studio only mediocre bands appeared like Middle of the Road, Mud or Status Quo. The superstars like Bowie and the Stones made clips and that's how I saw the Stones on tv for the first time in my life (in black and white). I do remember Keith with bad teeth and bushy hair and Mick with a hat.

Funny enough, the first time I ever SAW or HEARD the Stones was that clip of "Angie". I was 10. I'd HEARD of Mick Jagger but didnt know who he was until my cousin (who coincidentally was called Angie..)was watching TV with me at the time pointed him out.

Not exactly a typical Stones song to pick as an introduction to the band!
July 19th, 2004 04:20 PM
jb I believe the first video I saw was on Don Kirshner's "Rock-Concert" program...it may have been Angie, but I don't recall.
July 19th, 2004 04:26 PM
Gimme Shelter I always thought the "Undercover" video was really cool. I remember when it came out, it was really controversial. I had to wait for the Video Rewind set to come out to see it in it's entirety. The same for "Too Much Blood".
July 19th, 2004 04:26 PM
F505 You're right Gazza although that clip was impressive enough in relation to those other artists. I do remember that I went with my parents to London that summer (1973) and I bought Goats Head Soup as an eleven year old kid in a shop in Carnaby Street; my very first Stones album. Ofcourse I do still own it with the original little poster of the goats head in a bubbling soup!
July 19th, 2004 04:28 PM
jb !973 was a great year!!!
July 19th, 2004 04:29 PM
Gazza >I believe the first video I saw was on Don Kirshner's "Rock-Concert" program...it may have been Angie, but I don't recall.

Probably the same one.

they filmed four promos which were first shown on that show in 1973 (Silver Train, Dancin with Mr D and two versions of Angie - one where Mick is wearing a hat and the other (the one in "Video Rewind") where Keith & Mick T are sitting down and have flowers on their guitars)
The same promos were then shown elsewhere.

They did 3 IORR promos the following year which were also shown on that show, I think (IORR, Aint too proud to beg and Till The Next goodbye
[Edited by Gazza]
July 19th, 2004 04:41 PM
keith_tif Is there a DVD or a tape with Stone's clip?
thank you
July 19th, 2004 04:41 PM
keith_tif Is there a DVD or a tape with Stone's clip?
thank you
July 19th, 2004 04:44 PM
F505
quote:
keith_tif wrote:
Is there a DVD or a tape with Stone's clip?
thank you

Isn't there a video called Rewind?
July 19th, 2004 04:46 PM
F505 http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/6302626684/104-6423784-4524745?v=glance#product-details
July 19th, 2004 04:46 PM
Gazza There was. Came out to coincide with the release of the Rewind album in late 1984.

Long deleted though!
July 19th, 2004 05:24 PM
Phog In no particular order:

Jumping Jack Flash
Worried About You
Undercover
We Love You
Child Of The Moon
Far Away Eyes
July 19th, 2004 05:35 PM
Soldatti The Rewind video is a classic. It's the Stones video that most played on all this years. The Neighbours video is my fauvorite there
Page: 1 2