ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

LTU Arena, Dusseldorf 13th August 2007
© welt.de with thanks to Montana!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Does this sound familiar? Return to archive
5th August 2007 05:47 PM
Paranoid_Android Listening to Sirius 25...this little song starts off...thought it was a rarity from the Stones at first...but it's not......sound familiar?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBNqaJyoPlI

http://music.barnesandnoble.com/search/mediaplayer.asp?ean=018771122029&disc=1&track=2

[Edited by Paranoid_Android]
5th August 2007 05:55 PM
fireontheplatter oh hell yeah
proof right there...the stoners do rip off sounds from other artists.
6th August 2007 05:09 AM
mrhipfl
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
oh hell yeah
proof right there...the stoners do rip off sounds from other artists.

well, duh! I can't think of one rock artist that hasn't ripped off sounds from other artists, can you??
6th August 2007 11:31 AM
gimmekeef Chuck Berry has complained about being ripped off....when in fact he ripped Johnny Johnson....as Keith says....theres only one song....
6th August 2007 07:02 PM
Paranoid_Android yeah...but this was BLATENT (sp) ripoff!!!
6th August 2007 07:48 PM
glencar I've got a Stones cover version of this. It was on the Black Box collection.
6th August 2007 08:28 PM
Nasty Habits I wouldn't worry about Buster Brown too much. He covered "Fannie Mae" under a different name a few times himself.
And the Stones played Fannie Mae itself rather than Under Assistant West Coast Promo Man at the BBC, so it's not like they tried to obscure their familiarity with it.

As far as the performance goes, Buster's vocals are better his lyrics aren't. And to my ears Buster's band stomps harder, but the Stones swing more. The Stones slick up the groove some, and they kick up the speed and hence the frustration a notch, which is what they're supposed to do. My record collection happily has room enough for both.

One thing that Buster's song definitely has over the Stones is - no fade. I've always wanted to hear what happens after Mick drops the dime.

The PROBLEM is is that they're not STILL ripping him off. I would direct them to "Raise a Ruckus Tonight".

6th August 2007 08:52 PM
glencar Still not sure how it qualifies as a rip-off. They did a cover version.
7th August 2007 10:28 AM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

The PROBLEM is is that they're not STILL ripping him off. I would direct them to "Raise a Ruckus Tonight".

any good links to this...I would love to hear it
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)