ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

LTU Arena, Dusseldorf 13th August 2007
© welt.de with thanks to Montana!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Newport Folk Festival (nsc) Return to archive
5th August 2007 09:35 AM
lotsajizz 8/04/2007 Newport Folk Festival, Newport, RI
The venue is stunning. The main stage is set up in front of the ramparts of old Fort Adams protecting Newport Harbor. The area in front of the stage is all thick lawn, so well-tended one can be barefoot and comfortable the whole time. Lawn chairs and coolers allowed and encouraged and apart from the a thousand or two energetic types, most people spread out and chill out. Toking was not a problem and since Dunkin Donuts sponsored it, there were caffeniated fans not stupid ass, frat-boy drunks sloshing beer. Lots of kids, lots of families. The weather was a muggy hazy sun day, peaking in the mid-80's but with the afternoon sea breeze keeping it pleasant. I never really checked out the second stage or the crafts tents, but it was quite the set up. The lineup was that of a hippie blues fest, NOT a folkie fest! The ABB came on at 5 and played 'till 7:30 PM. This was the first I've seen them since Dickie, having seen them some dozen times between 1994 and 2000. The kid, Derek Trucks, is no Dickie Betts, but he's damn good and shows lots of promise, Warren Haynes of course is awesome. Together they were formidable! Gregg looked healthy and was ine xcellent voice. I hung back about 2/3 of the way in my beach chair just bakin' and groovin' until the last three songs. I left my buddies and made my way right up front and danced barefoot for the last three tunes right in front of Derek. Lots of hippies doin' the same in the stage front area. The band was tight but jammy and I reccomend seeing them again highly. Lots of traffic on the way out, but all mellow...a great time

Hot 'lanta
Trouble No More
Midnight Rider
Woman Across The River
Stateboro Blues
Come And Go Blues
Done Somebody Wrong
In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed
Into The Mystic
Leave My Blues at Home
Melissa
The Weight (1)
Mountain Jam

Encore: Preachin' Blues, Revival

(1)w/Luther Dickenson joining in on Guitar

Emmylou and Allison Krauss are today's headliners....

and Dickie and Great Southern are here on Tuesday

LET IT ROCK!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)