ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

LTU Arena, Dusseldorf 13th August 2007
© welt.de with thanks to Montana!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: your opinions of Telecaster Return to archive
3rd August 2007 05:05 AM
beggarspancake I'm thinking of buying a Telecaster and I am wondering what your opinions on them are. For example, I heard that Telecasters are cheap, flakey, and prone to leaving the owner with the bill when they don't deliver. On the plus side, I have heard that Telecasters are quite loud and have alot of bite. So what are your opinions of Telecaster? A cheap, loud piece of crap? or a loud, cheap piece of crap?
3rd August 2007 05:37 AM
Jumacfly Telecaster got a very rock n roll sound and are perfect for riffing.
I can only tell you that the american made are the best, just before the japanese.
Avoid mexican and Korean made models, which are made with cheap matericals (microhpones, paint,polish,quality of wood).
If you re in America you can find the US made for a decent price.
If you re in europe, try the Thomann site, best muscial site from Germany with best prices.

for more technical details I can't tell you as Im just a bass player (fender jazz bass special serie 1998 )
3rd August 2007 05:43 AM
beggarspancake Thanks for your reply! So if I take Telecaster to a bar, it won't leave me with the bill? Yes, I am talking of the American Telecaster, it has bad reputation as of lately.
3rd August 2007 05:44 AM
Angiegirl Oh. I thought you meant... Nevermind then.
3rd August 2007 05:53 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
beggarspancake wrote:
Thanks for your reply! So if I take Telecaster to a bar, it won't leave me with the bill? Yes, I am talking of the American Telecaster, it has bad reputation as of lately.

best way to do in your case is to go to your local shop and to try the maximum of guitars.
Are you a beginner or do you play for a long time?

I plan to buy a Squier (fender official cheap copy)just to turn it in open G and having fun by playing on my stones bootlegs
I m not a guitarist but as keefucius said, I got "10 fingers , 5 strings and an asshole"
[Edited by Jumacfly]
3rd August 2007 08:30 AM
Factory Girl
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Oh. I thought you meant... Nevermind then.

Me too...Double nevermind.
3rd August 2007 08:41 AM
open-g
quote:
beggarspancake wrote:
I'm thinking of buying a Telecaster and I am wondering what your opinions on them are. For example, I heard that Telecasters are cheap, flakey, and prone to leaving the owner with the bill when they don't deliver. On the plus side, I have heard that Telecasters are quite loud and have alot of bite. So what are your opinions of Telecaster? A cheap, loud piece of crap? or a loud, cheap piece of crap?

Cheap? - they can be as expensive as a brand new car.
crappy? - it usually goes hand in hand with cheap, but there are niches.
Loud? - no Telecaster is going to be loud when not plugged in, but they do have a bite.

you need to get some G.A.S. - imo.
as in Gear Acquisition Syndrome
a good site for GAS is:
http://www.tdpri.com/forum/telecaster-discussion-forum/
3rd August 2007 08:50 AM
Gazza Cheap, crappy and loud. That sums it up.

As for the guitar, I'll leave that to the experts.
3rd August 2007 09:17 AM
glencar I second that emotion.
3rd August 2007 09:38 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
I second that emotion.

Thank you, Smokey.....
3rd August 2007 10:21 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I bought a Walmart Guitar awhile back....what a piece of shit. It felt nasty...I only picked it up a few times and then gave it away. Stupid mistake.
3rd August 2007 10:35 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

but as keefucius said, I got "10 fingers , 5 strings and an asshole"
[Edited by Jumacfly]

Very good description of telecaster!!

Needs to be treated like.....

3rd August 2007 11:22 AM
open-g I have a good opinion about this Telecaster...

3rd August 2007 11:32 AM
Joey
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

Very good description of telecaster!!

Needs to be treated like.....

3rd August 2007 12:31 PM
56DeSoto If you're feeling adventurous, you could make a FrankenTele. I have a tele that my guitar tech put together from a Mexican tele neck, All Parts body and some completely rocking Rio Grande pickups. You get complete control over your instrument and it's super affordable! Really, if you get a Tele in good working order, the sound is all about the pickups. Don't be afraid to experiment and change those puppies out to get the sound you want!

4th August 2007 10:06 PM
Kilroy It's not the Guitar it's the Player...........
The Telecaster is as good, as the Les Paul, as good as the ES35, as good as......
4th August 2007 10:17 PM
Fiji Joe It's a good guitar if you know how to play...if you don't, then the guitar sux...and so do you

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
4th August 2007 10:49 PM
Brainbell Jangler He'll always be remembered as the guy who predicted that George "Macaca" Allen would be the next President.
5th August 2007 01:37 AM
Kilroy Wow who Predicterd that?
5th August 2007 02:21 AM
Brainbell Jangler Telecaster. It was before the infamous "Macaca" clip hit YouTube.
5th August 2007 02:57 AM
Kilroy Almost a year ago you and I happened upon this suject in a similar way. Someone call someone a maroon and I thought they were talkng about Allen Coment. weird uh Look it up if you want I checked it was Aug 25 or 26 2006 under the posting about Brian Wilson VS Brian Jones.
5th August 2007 03:34 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Kilroy wrote:
Almost a year ago you and I happened upon this suject in a similar way. Someone call someone a maroon and I thought they were talkng about Allen Coment. weird uh Look it up if you want I checked it was Aug 25 or 26 2006 under the posting about Brian Wilson VS Brian Jones.

Maroon-macaroon-macaca. Ah yes, I remember it well.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)