ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

LTU Arena, Dusseldorf 13th August 2007
© welt.de with thanks to Montana!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RICHARDS: 'I DID SNORT MY DAD'S ASHES... JUST NOT WITH COKE' Return to archive Page: 1 2
2nd August 2007 10:04 PM
moy RICHARDS: 'I DID SNORT MY DAD'S ASHES... JUST NOT WITH COKE'

ROLLING STONE KEITH RICHARDS has revisited the controversy surrounding his comment about snorting his father's ashes - insisting his denial was only in relation to mixing it with cocaine. The guitarist's confession sparked a worldwide media frenzy earlier this year (07) when he is alleged to have made the revelation to British music magazine NME. Richards promptly released a statement addressing the comment, claiming he was only joking about inhaling the ashes of his dead dad Bert with the illegal drug. But the 63-year-old has admitted there was some truth to the story. He says, "The cocaine bit was rubbish (not true). I said I chopped him up like cocaine, not with. I'd opened his box up and said, 'Jesus, I've got to do something with dad, y'know, plant the oak tree.' "I pulled the lid off and out comes a bit of dad on the dining room table. I'm going, 'I can't use the brush and dustpan for this'. So you just gotta like, put it together. "What I found out is that ingesting your ancestors is a very respectable way of... y'know, he went down a treat."

02/08/2007 12:22

2nd August 2007 10:39 PM
gypsy I know everyone is going to freak out and say that's sick and wrong, but I think it's cool.
I mean, seriously, you can't just throw that bit of ash away in the trash. Snorting it was the only logical thing to do, in my opinion.
2nd August 2007 10:49 PM
pdog
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I know everyone is going to freak out and say that's sick and wrong, but I think it's cool.
I mean, seriously, you can't just throw that bit of ash away in the trash. Snorting it was the only logical thing to do, in my opinion.

Not true, not true at all. He could've rubbed it into his gums...
2nd August 2007 11:18 PM
mojoman
quote:
moy wrote:
RICHARDS: 'I DID SNORT MY DAD'S ASHES... JUST NOT WITH COKE'

ROLLING STONE KEITH RICHARDS has revisited the controversy surrounding his comment about snorting his father's ashes - insisting his denial was only in relation to mixing it with cocaine. The guitarist's confession sparked a worldwide media frenzy earlier this year (07) when he is alleged to have made the revelation to British music magazine NME. Richards promptly released a statement addressing the comment, claiming he was only joking about inhaling the ashes of his dead dad Bert with the illegal drug. But the 63-year-old has admitted there was some truth to the story. He says, "The cocaine bit was rubbish (not true). I said I chopped him up like cocaine, not with. I'd opened his box up and said, 'Jesus, I've got to do something with dad, y'know, plant the oak tree.' "I pulled the lid off and out comes a bit of dad on the dining room table. I'm going, 'I can't use the brush and dustpan for this'. So you just gotta like, put it together. "What I found out is that ingesting your ancestors is a very respectable way of... y'know, he went down a treat."

02/08/2007 12:22

is this goin to be in the new book? appendix A to list all things keith has ingested......
3rd August 2007 12:28 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
pdog wrote:

Not true, not true at all. He could've rubbed it into his gums...

and i guess if he cooked it up most of it would have been caught in his cotton
3rd August 2007 12:29 AM
oldkr this is from contactmusic right? yeah they have a great reliability record.

OLDKR
3rd August 2007 05:43 AM
Angiegirl Keith should just shut the fuck up and concentrate on playing decently.
3rd August 2007 05:47 AM
EELPIE
quote:
oldkr wrote:
this is from contactmusic right? yeah they have a great reliability record.

OLDKR

no
get with the programme.

its from an exclusive interview from Mojo magazine.
everyone else has lifted it.
3rd August 2007 05:54 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Keith should just shut the fuck up and concentrate on playing decently.

Amen Sister..
although I think this is probably more rubbish journalism.
3rd August 2007 05:58 AM
fanfucker
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Keith should just shut the fuck up and concentrate on playing decently.

You are rough.
Don't forget his damaged brain.
3rd August 2007 07:50 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
fanfucker wrote:
You are rough.
Don't forget his damaged brain.

All the more reason to concentrate then.
3rd August 2007 08:14 AM
Factory Girl
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

All the more reason to concentrate then.

Lets not ask too much.
3rd August 2007 08:20 AM
fanfucker .................................
3rd August 2007 08:39 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I know everyone is going to freak out and say that's sick and wrong, but I think it's cool.

Agree 100%, it was a genuine gesture of true love! My opinion since the spread of the old news remains the same, it's cool from Keith, he wanted to have his dad in his blood; if accompanied with cocaine or not is secondary.
3rd August 2007 08:41 AM
Fuck! LMAO that guy still can make the whole world go like: ''wtf, look what keef has done now...
after 45 years everyone is still shocked by his way of life.
in 1967 i'd understand all the publicity but still in 2007? i thinks it's a great joke... and it adds up to his great legend..... lol

FUCK!
3rd August 2007 09:52 AM
gimmekeef Ever the sly pitchman...Keep the story alive and the bidding on his book deal hot.....
3rd August 2007 01:31 PM
voodoopug
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Ever the sly pitchman...Keep the story alive and the bidding on his book deal hot.....

This, along with many other bullshit stories coming soon in the new book by Keith Richards titled: "Never let the truth get in the way of my image"

Give me a fucking break. Please don't be sheep and believe any of the shit that comes out of his mouth when it is this ridiculous.
3rd August 2007 03:59 PM
oldkr so keith does his one interview a year blows smoke up the guys ass and moves on. Keiths press has never been interesting - or truthful- apart from the stuff in the late 80s

OLDKR
3rd August 2007 04:03 PM
voodoopug
quote:
oldkr wrote:
so keith does his one interview a year blows smoke up the guys ass and moves on. Keiths press has never been interesting - or truthful- apart from the stuff in the late 80s

OLDKR

agreed.
3rd August 2007 04:48 PM
Gazza
quote:
oldkr wrote:
so keith does his one interview a year blows smoke up the guys ass and moves on. Keiths press has never been interesting - or truthful- apart from the stuff in the late 80s

OLDKR

Then why have a "coming soon" feature on your site dedicated to his interviews?
3rd August 2007 05:29 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

This, along with many other bullshit stories coming soon in the new book by Keith Richards titled: "Never let the truth get in the way of my image"

Give me a fucking break. Please don't be sheep and believe any of the shit that comes out of his mouth when it is this ridiculous.

^ says the guy that started the stroke rumors
3rd August 2007 05:30 PM
pdog
quote:
oldkr wrote:

OLDKR

I'm worried you are heading down the road sir stonesalot did.
3rd August 2007 05:35 PM
Joey " I'm worried you are heading down the road sir stonesalot did. "

< ------ I miss the ss

Me too Lil' Buddy ( Lil' Fijikins )

Me too

Sir Joeyalot

3rd August 2007 05:36 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Joey wrote:

Sir Joeyalot

^ thats not half bad.
3rd August 2007 06:03 PM
mojoman recipe in back of keiths book

ingrediants

rolled up bill or straw
mixing bowl
razor blade
dads ashes
blow

finely crush and chop items 4&5 to fine powder in mixing bowl. snort. serve with chilled nuclear fallout. serves one rolling stone.
3rd August 2007 06:13 PM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

^ thats not half bad.

Thanks Saint Sway ........

My talent is limitless . Indeed , it knows no bounds .
3rd August 2007 06:19 PM
glencar
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I think it was the whole "I toked him with coke" thing that upset people. This is a bit odd but I guess I could see it as being a tribute.
3rd August 2007 06:20 PM
glencar
quote:
oldkr wrote:

OLDKR

You seem disillusioned...
3rd August 2007 06:24 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Joey wrote:

Thanks Saint Sway ........

My talent is limitless . Indeed , it knows no bounds .

3rd August 2007 06:44 PM
_Boomy_ I heard a rumor that he sprinkled the ashes in his Grilled Stuft Burrito from Taco Bell.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)