ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

LTU Arena, Dusseldorf 13th August 2007
© welt.de with thanks to Montana!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The ELVIS IS GOD thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
12th July 2007 02:19 PM
Gazza
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
his voice was not particularly strong, nor had range,

Really? Name me a singer with a better range, a consistently stronger voice and who could master so many different genres of music?
12th July 2007 02:23 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Really? Name me a singer with a better range, a consistently stronger voice and who could master so many different genres of music?

I hope you are not thinking of:

12th July 2007 02:24 PM
lotsajizz No one -- shit he even made Roger Whitaker and Mac Davis listenable -- his cover of Chuck's "Promised Land" is almost definative -- the King of Rackabilly and one helluva gospel singer
"I John" friggin' cooks!!
12th July 2007 02:48 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Elvis and Chuck (leave a log at my place) Berry earned most of their status because there were in the first group of "mainstream" performers to do what is not commonplace.

My Ding a Ling is a bit humiliating as he should have had at least 5 other #1 hits. He did not have the support of his record label!

Speaking of a lack of support from his label...where is the support for my newest release?...I stood by you when you were dancing on the bar knocking over perfectly good well drinks...Yes I did...I was all like "Relax people...Pug's good for it...Just take the cost of your drink out of that box full of money over there"...I averted a riot is what I did

I put 15 minutes into this song and video...That's 15 minutes I will never get back

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
12th July 2007 03:02 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Speaking of a lack of support from his label...where is the support for my newest release?...I stood by you when you were dancing on the bar knocking over perfectly good well drinks...Yes I did...I was all like "Relax people...Pug's good for it...Just take the cost of your drink out of that box full of money over there"...I averted a riot is what I did

I put 15 minutes into this song and video...That's 15 minutes I will never get back

[Edited by Fiji Joe]

you get props for the picture of the guy taking a shit in front of the trailer, but sadly, I cannot watch the entire video whilst at the office, I have to work the phones and "make things happen". I will give you a nod though:

12th July 2007 03:18 PM
sammy davis jr. Gazza wrote
"and who acquired a superb collection of videos of women visitors to his leisure complex taking a shit....."

Look we all know Chuck "likes" poop. Elvis also had some voyeuristic activites as well if you know anything about Graceland. The bottom line is Rock n' Roll is not pretty. However Chuck did not make a farce out of his career by making possibly the shittiest movies of all time. Or got fat,slurring his words......ah,uh,uh,aghhh- plus tax. And Chuck Berry will not die on a toilet with a 40 lb. colon. By the way, my best friend's wife made Chucks Greatest Toilet Hits at the Southern Aire.

12th July 2007 03:19 PM
voodoopug
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
Gazza wrote
"and who acquired a superb collection of videos of women visitors to his leisure complex taking a shit....."

Look we all know Chuck "likes" poop. Elvis also had some voyeuristic activites as well if you know anything about Graceland. The bottom line is Rock n' Roll is not pretty. However Chuck did not make a farce out of his career by making possibly the shittiest movies of all time. Or got fat,slurring his words......ah,uh,uh,aghhh- plus tax. And Chuck Berry will not die on a toilet with a 40 lb. colon. By the way, my best friend's wife made Chucks Greatest Toilet Hits at the Southern Aire.

recent Chuck shows have been god awful.
12th July 2007 03:26 PM
sammy davis jr. I concur, having seen him last year. It was awful. However it was better than watching a 600 lb. corpse with "Elvis Chalky-Colon Syndrome".
12th July 2007 05:38 PM
Nasty Habits When it comes to performers in their decline, and reducing artists to the worst of their tendencies and output, people in tarped houses shouldn't throw Stones.

My Ding a Ling was a tribute to Chuck's fondness for calypso anyway. He didn't even write it. In fact there are versions and variations dating from the beginning of recorded music.

Chuck Berry & Elvis are BOTH Gods. The last time I leafed around in mythology Gods are into some pretty kinky shit, so to speak.

As far as Elvis pdog mightee like, you can't get much better than The Complete Burbank Sessions Vol. 1, which features percussion on a box, no setlist, electric guitar by a guy who can't play, and songs about having sex with straps. PUNK ROCK!

12th July 2007 08:56 PM
Gazza
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
Gazza wrote

Chuck didnt need to make movies to make a farce out of his career. And what the fuck is wrong with getting fat? Are you going to pillory the Stones for getting wrinkles? Its called ageing, Like you say, it aint pretty. the fucker still had a great voice and still made some fine music after his 'movie' career. Your "600 pound" comments are just daft and total exaggeration
12th July 2007 09:29 PM
Fiji Joe Yeah...this video is cheesy...and we all know Elvis was greatly inspired by many black artists before him...and yeah, there are many other songs that came before this that can lay claim to being the first true rock n' roll record...
but this was 1957...and there wasn't a motherfucker on the planet that came before him that ever laid down a vocal track like this...and there hasn't been one since...Elvis was flat out feeling it...I wonder what the folks in the studio thought when Elvis busted this out?...IN this fashion...This is why he was/is The King

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
12th July 2007 09:41 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
When it comes to performers in their decline, and reducing artists to the worst of their tendencies and output, people in tarped houses shouldn't throw Stones.

Classic posting. Exposes heavy ironicalism.
12th July 2007 09:44 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Yeah...this video is cheesy...

[Edited by Fiji Joe]

I'm an auto-acknowledged expert on videos and that one might be the greatest ever.
12th July 2007 10:16 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

I'm an auto-acknowledged expert on videos and that one might be the greatest ever.

It wouldn't be if that glass-eyed, traded in his chitlins for matzo balls, finger snapping, rat pack hanging Sammy Davis Jr. kid was singing on it
12th July 2007 10:27 PM
pdog I mentioned this song earlier in the thread, so I already spoke on Jailhouse Rock...
12th July 2007 10:31 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

It wouldn't be if that glass-eyed, traded in his chitlins for matzo balls, finger snapping, rat pack hanging Sammy Davis Jr. kid was singing on it

Archie Bunker kissing, legs skinnier than Twiggie having, jaw like Cowher sporting, bling bling inventing, The Pansy Man can mix loving, IRS owing sanamanbitch!
12th July 2007 10:48 PM
pdog
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Archie Bunker kissing, legs skinnier than Twiggie having, jaw like Cowher sporting, bling bling inventing, The Pansy Man can mix loving, IRS owing sanamanbitch!

fucking jew would've been easier to type!
12th July 2007 11:15 PM
Kilroy ELVIS
13th July 2007 12:12 AM
sammy davis jr. Goddamn you guys get rattled so easily.....

Funny!

13th July 2007 04:42 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
Goddamn you guys get rattled so easily.....

Funny!

Well what do you expect? "Graceland" is SACRED AND HOLY GROUND.
13th July 2007 04:57 PM
sammy davis jr. Graceland is a shithole in a shitty part of Memphis..... a magnet of bad taste for fat middle aged hillbilly women who wear beehives and nylon stretch pants and profess their love for the King.
14th July 2007 10:47 AM
Fuck! presley didn't even write his own music and lyrics, but i admit, he and his 70's band did make a lot of fine muzic just before he killed himself,
like Only the strong survive & I've got a thing about you baby, wich are covers.
he had a very gvood guitarist in his band, James Burton.
But... Chuck Berry is the one and only King, end of topic.
14th July 2007 01:59 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
Graceland is a shithole in a shitty part of Memphis..... a magnet of bad taste for fat middle aged hillbilly women who wear beehives and nylon stretch pants and profess their love for the King.

clearly someone who has never been....
14th July 2007 02:35 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
Graceland is a shithole in a shitty part of Memphis..... a magnet of bad taste for fat middle aged hillbilly women who wear beehives and nylon stretch pants and profess their love for the King.

you have a case of incipient verbal diarrhea
20th July 2007 03:15 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
20th July 2007 03:20 AM
Ten Thousand Motels

Heartbreak Hotel lyrics

Well, since my baby left me,
I found a new place to dwell.
It's down at the end of lonely street
at Heartbreak Hotel.

You make me so lonely baby,
I get so lonely,
I get so lonely I could die.

And although it's always crowded,
you still can find some room.
Where broken hearted lovers
do cry away their gloom.

I get so lonely,

Well, the Bell hop's tears keep flowin',
and the desk clerk's dressed in black.
Well they been so long on lonely street
They ain't ever gonna look back.

I get so lonely,

Hey now, if your baby leaves you,
and you got a tale to tell.
Just take a walk down lonely street
to Heartbreak Hotel.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
20th July 2007 11:28 AM
gimmekeef Theres only one true King from Memphis:

Jerry The King Lawler!

http://www.kinglawler.com/main.html
20th July 2007 11:31 AM
MrPleasant I didn't like Elvis, but I've learned to appreciate him in a goofy sort of way. Plus he had a great sense of humor, apparently.
20th July 2007 12:30 PM
lotsajizz i am always more open to someone who can laugh at himself

ok now
[Edited by lotsajizz]
22nd July 2007 08:03 AM
Honky Tonk Man Chuck Berry was wonderful and his importance and influence on others cannot be overlooked. He was the guitar god of his day and he transformed rock 'n' roll to a different and greater level. His lyrical prowess must've had a major effect on the likes of Dylan and Springsteen.

Despite all the above praises however, he wasn't Elvis. He was a phenomenon and changed EVERYTHING. He was and still is the only true king. Part of him went when he joined the army in my opinion, but those records he recorded from 1954-1958 are the true embodiment of everything that is great about the pop star.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)