ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

100 Club, London 31st May 1982
© Dave Hogan with Very special Thanks to Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Black Crowes To Release Freak 'N' Roll Return to archive
11th August 2006 04:40 AM
RollingstonesUSA The CD version of THE BLACK CROWES' recently issued DVD, "Freak 'N' Roll...Into The Fog", will be released on Tuesday, September 19. It will be a two-CD set, with an identical track listing as the DVD.

Recorded in August 2005 at San Francisco's historic Fillmore Auditorium on THE BLACK CROWES' 2005 critically acclaimed reunion tour, this soulful performance features over 120 minutes of classic CROWES tracks such as "Jealous Again", "Sting Me", "Hard To Handle", "She Talks To Angels" and a special cover of "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down".

Everyone who purchases the CD at Wal-Mart will have access to a Wal-Mart exclusive free download of "Lovin' Cup" from the Fillmore show that night. There will be a code inside the packaging for fans to go to Walmart.com to get the song. And if you purchase the digital album at Walmart.com, you will be able to get "Lovin' Cup" as well. The exclusive track will be available only until January 19, 2007.

The CD will be $17.98.
11th August 2006 06:17 AM
corgi37 3,2,1...I am now holding my breath.
11th August 2006 09:47 AM
twicks1 Say what you want about the Stones these days...at least they've never partnered with Wal-Mart. (shudder)
11th August 2006 09:51 AM
Maxlugar The Black Crowes are a terrible, terrible band...
11th August 2006 02:00 PM
Saint Sway this is the meat of the matter:

quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
Everyone who purchases the CD at Wal-Mart will have access to a Wal-Mart exclusive free download of "Lovin' Cup" from the Fillmore show that night. There will be a code inside the packaging for fans to go to Walmart.com to get the song. And if you purchase the digital album at Walmart.com, you will be able to get "Lovin' Cup" as well. The exclusive track will be available only until January 19, 2007.

The CD will be $17.98.

anyones that heard/seen the Freak-n-Roll DVD knows what a smokin hot show this is. Start to finish. Face melting rock n roll.

so "Happy" they're including their cover of Loving Cup on the CD release!!
11th August 2006 02:05 PM
glencar This is underwhelming, no?
11th August 2006 02:25 PM
GimmeExile The CD costs twice as much as the DVD of the same show...an amazing show it was!
11th August 2006 02:27 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
this is the meat of the matter:

anyones that heard/seen the Freak-n-Roll DVD knows what a smokin hot show this is. Start to finish. Face melting rock n roll.

so "Happy" they're including their cover of Loving Cup on the CD release!!

How is their verison of Loving Cup....
11th August 2006 02:40 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

How is their verison of Loving Cup....

its good. But it should of/could of been great.

I dunno... maybe its because its that one song that I always hoped they'd cover and I had these idealistic visions of how they would do an incredible hair raising version of it that it could ever live up to my expectations.

Or maybe its because they only played it this one time after having rehearsed it that day at sound check and I know this band so well that I can hear that its rusty. Ed sounds like he's improvising too much on the piano parts. I dunno... its still damn good. I just have higher expectations.

I shouldnt complain. Its Crowes doing Stones.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)