ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

100 Club, London 31st May 1982
© Dave Hogan with Very special Thanks to Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Van The Man to open for the Stones! Return to archive
10th August 2006 06:33 PM
Gazza from rs.com

08.10.06 Dave Matthews And Van Morrison Added To Line-Up Of Special Guests On The Rolling Stones 'A Bigger Bang' World Tour

NEW YORK - August 10, 2006 - The Rolling Stones are returning to North America this fall with 'A Bigger Bang' than ever before, bringing along some of the hottest acts in the music industry. The Dave Matthews Band will thrill fans on October 17th at Qwest Field in Seattle as well as October 20th at Sun Bowl in El Paso. Van Morrison will excite audiences on November 3rd at BC Place Stadium in Vancouver and November 5th at McAfee Coliseum in Oakland, Ca. Dave Matthews Band and Van Morrison join recently announced guest artist, Kanye West to the line-up of extraordinary artists who will be performing on 'The Bigger Bang' tour. The Stones are known for working with music's hottest acts boasting such legendary performers over the past decades such as Stevie Wonder, Pearl Jam and Metallica.

Tickets for the October 17th show in Seattle will go on sale Monday, August 21st at 10am and tickets for the October 20th show in El Paso will go on sale Saturday, August 12th at 10am. Vancouver and Oakland ticket on-sales to be announced at a later date. Tickets will be limited to four per person in the first 10 rows and a maximum of 12 per person in other seating locations depending on the venue.

10th August 2006 06:35 PM
mac_daddy damn. why cant van do the los angeles show(s), too...
10th August 2006 06:37 PM
Gazza Van lived in the Bay area for several years in the 70's

hopefully he'll use the occasion persuade the Stones to play his REAL hometown next year for the first time in over four decades
10th August 2006 06:38 PM
PartyDoll MEG They still haven't announce Chicago's opening act...Sure would be nice if it was Wilco!! I would have to actually get there in time to watch an opening act. Van would be nice, too

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
10th August 2006 06:39 PM
Gazza "Van would be nice.." - there's a sentence you dont often hear....
10th August 2006 06:41 PM
glencar I'd love to see Van! I saw him once & he wasn't very pleasant. Grumpy, even.
10th August 2006 06:44 PM
PartyDoll MEG OK, Smart Asses!! So Van isn't very nice... I still wouldn't mind hearing him perform!!!!
10th August 2006 06:46 PM
glencar I saw him in NYC about 10 years ago. Van sang but the guy with long black hair sang twice as much. I think Van was possibly blitzed.
10th August 2006 06:49 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'd love to see Van! I saw him once & he wasn't very pleasant. Grumpy, even.

hes a fucking curmudgeon, to put it mildly.

Whilst he's well respected here for his music and career achievements, it would be a serious stretch to say that he's actually liked.

quote:
glencar wrote:
I saw him in NYC about 10 years ago. Van sang but the guy with long black hair sang twice as much. I think Van was possibly blitzed.

Brian Kennedy, I would assume youre talking about (he's also from Belfast). They did a lot of work together around that time.
[Edited by Gazza]
10th August 2006 06:57 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

hes a fucking curmudgeon, to put it mildly.

Whilst he's well respected here for his music and career achievements, it would be a serious stretch to say that he's actually liked.

Brian Kennedy, I would assume youre talking about (he's also from Belfast). They did a lot of work together around that time.
[Edited by Gazza]

Yeh, that's the guy. Too soft, quite frankly. Possibly a Bosox fan to boot!
10th August 2006 07:01 PM
Gazza maybe not, but definitely gay!
10th August 2006 07:16 PM
glencar I too had that feeling! Did he "know" Lance Bass?
10th August 2006 07:27 PM
mojoman now thats an awesome act to open fer you lucky bastards. definately will sell some more seats. just saw the man here in philly at the spectrum on saturday tix were 100 bucks and up. van probably hasn't been on the same bill as the stones since his them days!!!
10th August 2006 07:55 PM
Steel Wheels Wasn't Van's Philly show to start at 5PM? Strange time to start a gig.
10th August 2006 08:01 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
glencar wrote:
I saw him in NYC about 10 years ago. Van sang but the guy with long black hair sang twice as much. I think Van was possibly blitzed.

Would that have been the Bob Dylan/Van Morrison double-header at Madison Square Garden Theatre in early '98?
10th August 2006 08:03 PM
Nellcote I think George Steinbrenner comes to mind as more of an apt description of "Van The Man". Crusty old kodger.
He is a great buddy of Peter Wolf, who had him on his radio show in the 70's, and actually put him up at his apartment in Bahston, while Van was performing here. NO ONE in NYC would ever have that type of hospitality, right GC?
10th August 2006 08:25 PM
glencar
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Would that have been the Bob Dylan/Van Morrison double-header at Madison Square Garden Theatre in early '98?

No, Guinness Fleadh on Randalls Island.
10th August 2006 08:26 PM
glencar
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
I think George Steinbrenner comes to mind as more of an apt description of "Van The Man". Crusty old kodger.
He is a great buddy of Peter Wolf, who had him on his radio show in the 70's, and actually put him up at his apartment in Bahston, while Van was performing here. NO ONE in NYC would ever have that type of hospitality, right GC?

Wha-wha-what??? I offered to put up anybody at my house who could make it to NY for Maxy's party. I've actually ahd about 6 old Voodoo Lounge posters at my house for the No Security tour.
10th August 2006 08:30 PM
Nellcote But Of Course, George is the best, he fronts the best lineup in baseball.
We were strategizing tailgate for 09/20 in my office today.
Only 40 days away!
We are going down the night before for the sound check!
Peter Wolf will be there, he's Mick's ambassador in Bahston.
I wish it was 2-nite!
10th August 2006 08:33 PM
not bound to please
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
They still haven't announce Chicago's opening act...Sure would be nice if it was Wilco!! I would have to actually get there in time to watch an opening act. Van would be nice, too

Don't say that - I may have to attend.

I suspect it will be Kanye West.
10th August 2006 09:06 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

Don't say that - I may have to attend.

I suspect it will be Kanye West.

More time to party then
10th August 2006 09:20 PM
Starbuck so van is opening for the stones?? awesome!!

(will they be charging him admission too??}
10th August 2006 09:21 PM
Soldatti Glad to see Van there.
10th August 2006 10:12 PM
mojoman [quote]Nellcote wrote:
I think George Steinbrenner comes to mind as more of an apt description of "Van The Man". Crusty old kodger.

never met the man. seems to me dylan is crustier and for longer.
10th August 2006 10:17 PM
pdog
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
damn. why cant van do the los angeles show(s), too...

C'mon up here. Whatever happened to the 12 Galaxies gig?
Cool show there next month Lil Steven Underground garage Tour, Zombies and The Mooney Suzuki.
I'm actually looking forward now to Oakland b/c of Van Morrison.
11th August 2006 08:06 AM
chevysales
quote:
Gazza wrote:
from rs.com

08.10.06 Dave Matthews And Van Morrison Added To Line-Up Of Special Guests On The Rolling Stones 'A Bigger Bang' World Tour

NEW YORK - August 10, 2006 - The Rolling Stones are returning to North America this fall with 'A Bigger Bang' than ever before, bringing along some of the hottest acts in the music industry. The Dave Matthews Band will thrill fans on October 17th at Qwest Field in Seattle as well as October 20th at Sun Bowl in El Paso. Van Morrison will excite audiences on November 3rd at BC Place Stadium in Vancouver and November 5th at McAfee Coliseum in Oakland, Ca. Dave Matthews Band and Van Morrison join recently announced guest artist, Kanye West to the line-up of extraordinary artists who will be performing on 'The Bigger Bang' tour. The Stones are known for working with music's hottest acts boasting such legendary performers over the past decades such as Stevie Wonder, Pearl Jam and Metallica.

Tickets for the October 17th show in Seattle will go on sale Monday, August 21st at 10am and tickets for the October 20th show in El Paso will go on sale Saturday, August 12th at 10am. Vancouver and Oakland ticket on-sales to be announced at a later date. Tickets will be limited to four per person in the first 10 rows and a maximum of 12 per person in other seating locations depending on the venue.

van has had some complaints via fans and critics alike from some of his recent performances... me i think i would rather see him than kanye twice.
11th August 2006 08:08 AM
chevysales
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
But Of Course, George is the best, he fronts the best lineup in baseball.
We were strategizing tailgate for 09/20 in my office today.
Only 40 days away!
We are going down the night before for the sound check!
Peter Wolf will be there, he's Mick's ambassador in Bahston.
I wish it was 2-nite!

dolphans will be cruising the lot looking to spoil any patsies tailgating celebrations
11th August 2006 08:30 AM
Nellcote Pats to go 5-1 in division.
You heard it hear 1st fish boy!
Culpepper will wish he was sailing the lakes of
Minnesota with hot babes, he'll wilt under S. FLA heat!
11th August 2006 09:57 AM
chevysales
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Pats to go 5-1 in division.
You heard it hear 1st fish boy!
Culpepper will wish he was sailing the lakes of
Minnesota with hot babes, he'll wilt under S. FLA heat!

hope to do the greet thing in the home that belichiec built... abd saban brings down
11th August 2006 10:21 AM
M.O.W.A.T.
quote:
The Dave Matthews Band will thrill fans on October 17th at Qwest Field in Seattle as well as October 20th at Sun Bowl in El Paso.

Or possibly put those fans to sleep. I sure hope we aren't subjected to another duet from Mick and Dave.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)