ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

100 Club, London 31st May 1982
© Dave Hogan with Very special Thanks to Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Wild Horses" - Keith's Original Lyrics? Return to archive
10th August 2006 09:47 AM
mcclellan28 Is it true that Keith wrote "Wild Horses" shortly after his son was born, and that Mick basically re-wrote the lyrics? If so, does anyone know where to find Keith's original lyrics?
10th August 2006 10:23 AM
caro One of Keith's great laconic explanations:
"I wrote this song because I was doing good at home with my old lady, and I wrote it like a love song. I just had this, Wild horses couldn't drag me away, and I gave it to Mick, and Marianne (Faithfull) just ran off with this guy and he changed it all around but it's still beautiful."

There's more here:
http://www.timeisonourside.com/SOWildH.html
Marianne says she came up with the "Wild Horses" line when she was recovering in Australia, but she's about as reliable as Keith when talking about Stones history!
10th August 2006 11:16 AM
sssoul >> Marianne says she came up with the "Wild Horses" line <<

yeah right: a standard phrase in English, and she came up with it. (sorry, that delusion of hers has always annoyed me.)

as for the original question: i've never heard of anyone unearthing Keith's original WH lyrics; it might be that the refrain and a general idea (which Mick then changed radically) was his main contribution to the words.

what i really want to hear is the Keith LV versions of Loving Cup and Rip This Joint ...
10th August 2006 11:20 AM
jb Keith seems to make up a lot of stuff, no?
10th August 2006 11:35 AM
caro
quote:
sssoul wrote:
>> Marianne says she came up with the "Wild Horses" line <<

yeah right: a standard phrase in English, and she came up with it. (sorry, that delusion of hers has always annoyed me.)

Actually, I misphrased that. As far as I remember, when she woke up from coma in Australia, Mick said something to the effect of "I thought you were gonna die", and she replied "wild horses couldn't drag me away", which she says later reappeared in the song. But anyway, yeah, she does tend to think that all great 60's songs were written about her
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)