ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

100 Club, London 31st May 1982
© Dave Hogan with Very special Thanks to Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bravo Scotland Yard.... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
10th August 2006 07:18 AM
LadyJane For seemingly foiling yet another fiendish plot to kill innocent life.

And for what purpose??

Please put Gimme Shelter back into the Setlist. It's more relevant now than EVER before.

Be safe everyone.

LJ.
10th August 2006 07:21 AM
Gazza just got back home a few hours before all this kicked off. Flying from now on is going to be a major pain in the arse, even when travelling light with just hand luggage.

better safe than sorry, though.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/
10th August 2006 07:44 AM
Maxlugar Yes Bravo!!!

I just hope no ones civil liberties were compromised or privacy violated.

10th August 2006 07:47 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

We still have those????
10th August 2006 08:29 AM
Bitch Watching the investigation on TV now. Wow, super strict airport security from NY/London flights! That's bound to disrupt my travel plans for the Twickers shows since I'm flying from NY to Gatwick. With all the dogs sniffing around won't try to get away with illegal substances.

Connection!
My bags they get a very close inspection.
I wonder why it is that they suspect me
They're dying to add me to their collections
And I don't know if they'll let me go

Connection, I just can't make no connection.
But all I want to do is to get back to you.
Connection, I just can't make no connection.
But all I want to do is to get back to you.

All I want to do, is to get back to THE STONES!
10th August 2006 08:35 AM
Maxlugar [quote]Bitch wrote:
Watching the investigation on TV now. Wow, super strict airport security from NY/London flights! That's bound to disrupt my travel plans for the Twickers shows since I'm flying from NY to Gatwick. With all the dogs sniffing around won't try to get away with illegal substances.

Well yes, true. On the bright side, your chances of suddenly finding no plane beneath you over the Atlantic have dropped significantly.

You should value that.
10th August 2006 08:45 AM
corgi37 Cant wait to see the type of people they picked up. I have mental images in my head, but wont say so yet.

But i bet they are the stereo-type that people say we should accept and love and try to understand.

Put it this way.

I'd be suprised if the suspects have blue eyes, red hair, freckles and like the Stones.
10th August 2006 08:48 AM
Gazza After the initial hysteria after 9/11, I have to say I've found airport security in the last couple of years to be at a minimal and complacent level which I never expected to see again. Online and self check ins, random searches etc. Its even slacker when flying to the US.

This has obviously been brewing for a few days but I saw NOTHING flying home from Nice last night - literally just about 6 hours before this story broke - to suggest anything was unusual and amiss.
10th August 2006 08:50 AM
Gazza
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I'd be suprised if the suspects have blue eyes, red hair, freckles and like the Stones.

I definitely can tick one of those boxes, two of them are 'variable' according to mood and weather conditions, and despite the ethnic stereotype, one of them is definitely not true!
10th August 2006 08:52 AM
PartyDoll MEG Ain't nothin' keeping me from Twickers!!
But 10 hours without my iPod will be totally unbearable
10th August 2006 09:04 AM
not bound to please I was searched at Heathrow for bring back Harrod's Christmas pudding..
10th August 2006 09:34 AM
StickyFishFingers
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Cant wait to see the type of people they picked up. I have mental images in my head, but wont say so yet.

But i bet they are the stereo-type that people say we should accept and love and try to understand.

Put it this way.

Al Quaeda is suspected as per the latest news update -http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200608/s1712213.htm
[Edited by StickyFishFingers]
10th August 2006 09:39 AM
Gazza
quote:
StickyFishFingers wrote:

Al Quaeda is suspected as per the latest news update -http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200608/s1712213.htm

Fuck me, I wonder how long it took them to figure THAT out! No doubt some of us thought it was the People's Front of Judaea!
10th August 2006 09:40 AM
Madafaka I hate this kind of news! Really hate them!
10th August 2006 09:43 AM
Nellcote Al Qaeda is everywhere.
10th August 2006 09:44 AM
Joey
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Please put Gimme Shelter back into the Setlist. It's more relevant now than EVER before.

Amen !!!!!!

10th August 2006 09:46 AM
Gazza
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Al Qaeda is everywhere.

even on this "most prestigious of message boards" ?
10th August 2006 10:04 AM
Nellcote Gazza, unless you have terrorist filters, your assumption is correct.
I suspect you enjoyed the Nice show with Al Qaeda folks as well.
10th August 2006 10:10 AM
jb Scary stuff....glad our friends across the pond were able to uncover this evil plot. Sadly, we now live in a world where muslim Islamofacists seek nothing less than total annihilation of all Jews and Christians....it's never been about land or the Palestinians-that is simply their excuse to justify this barbaric behavior.....Thanks again to our British friends and godspeed to all who are flying.
10th August 2006 10:39 AM
telecaster
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Yes Bravo!!!

Yes, let's hope no terrorists email was looked at or phone tapped

God forbid

Good job Brits!
10th August 2006 11:00 AM
Martha Jeezus....Did they actually find anything?
10th August 2006 11:01 AM
jb Telecaster is 100% correct as is Lugar.....there-I said it.
10th August 2006 11:05 AM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:
Telecaster is 100% correct as is Lugar.....there-I said it.

I agree.

We are dealing with irrational monsters.

Tap my phone....

Hack my computer.....

I have nothing to hide.

We must stop this madness.

LJ.
10th August 2006 11:07 AM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

I agree.

We are dealing with irrational monsters.

Tap my phone....

Hack my computer.....

I have nothing to hide.

We must stop this madness.

LJ.

Sadly, many still blame Israel for all of the world's problems...they will use this excuse to justify their murderous behavior....We must kill them or be killed...it is that simple. You are either with us or against us.
10th August 2006 11:15 AM
Martha "We must kill them or be killed...it is that simple. You are either with us or against us."
---------------------------------------------------------
Are you actually serious?

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world BLIND jb.

"Everybody loves to talk about calmness and peace, whether in a family, national, or international context, but without inner peace how can we make real peace? World peace through hatred and force in impossible." Dalai Lama

peace out,
MM
10th August 2006 11:19 AM
jb
quote:
Martha wrote:
"We must kill them or be killed...it is that simple. You are either with us or against us."
---------------------------------------------------------
Are you actually serious?

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world BLIND jb.

"Everybody loves to talk about calmness and peace, whether in a family, national, or international context, but without inner peace how can we make real peace? World peace through hatred and force in impossible." Dalai Lama

peace out,
MM

Hello Martha....hope you are well. Unfortunately, you cannot talk peace with an enemy so barbaric that they teach their young to prepare to be suicide bombers...they do not value life, but rather, the the death of all "infidels". They are willing to kill themselves to achieve there goals. Unlike the fear of mutual destruction we had during the cold war, there is no rationale for them to make peace....it is simply a waiting game to strike out and kill as many of us as they can.
Hope all else is well for you and Chris-your friend, JB.
10th August 2006 11:25 AM
Fiji Joe How long before some really wise fellow chimes in and places the blame on "poverty"...and how long thereafter before others respond to him by saying "gee...I didn't think of that...you're so wise"...it is clear to me that these plotters were dirt poor...what else would drive them to do something like this?
10th August 2006 11:27 AM
egon i was in Nice yesterday!
10th August 2006 11:28 AM
jb
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
How long before some really wise fellow chimes in and places the blame on "poverty"...and how long thereafter before others respond to him by saying "gee...I didn't think of that...you're so wise"...it is clear to me that these plotters were dirt poor...what else would drive them to do something like this?

100% CORRECT.....
10th August 2006 11:29 AM
Martha
quote:
jb wrote:

Hello Martha....hope you are well. Unfortunately, you cannot talk peace with an enemy so barbaric that they teach their young to prepare to be suicide bombers...they do not value life, but rather, the the death of all "infidels". They are willing to kill themselves to achieve there goals. Unlike the fear of mutual destruction we had during the cold war, there is no rationale for them to make peace....it is simply a waiting game to strike out and kill as many of us as they can.
Hope all else is well for you and Chris-your friend, JB.

Hey jb! We are doing well thanks for asking. And you?

I know we cannot make anyone else want peace....we have no control over people, places and things.....all I know to do is to live in peace myself (this is not easy btw), to teach principles of peace, continue to learn what the hell peace is and isn't, and to walk in that light to the best of my human ability, a minute at a time. There is no other way...in my humble opinion....to go.

I wish you peace.

love and friendship,
Martha

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)