ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

100 Club, London 31st May 1982
© Dave Hogan with Very special Thanks to Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A fan's $: U2 vs. The Stones Return to archive
10th August 2006 12:26 AM
Poplar (just for a moment, leave your musical taste at the door)

U2's most expensive ticket barely reaches 100$.

When i saw vertigo I payed $45 for a general admission ticket on the FLOOR - which via their random lottery allowed my brother and i into the "elipse" right at center stage... that's the best seat in the house for $45. Are the Stones ever gonna do that? LOL!!!

Think about it - the two of us had GA floor seats right in front of the stage for $100. For us to have seats in the first half of a football field for the stones would cost $1000.

That so many Stones fans on this board rag on U2, considering what the Stones have become has always amazed me. Regardless of what you think of U2, at least you can say they'r a band that actually gives their fans their money's worth.

10th August 2006 12:32 AM
MrPleasant I'm thinking about becoming a Kiss fan. Paul Stanley worships his followers.
10th August 2006 12:36 AM
Poplar Yep. When he did his "Phantom of the Opera" - tix were cheap, baby.
[Edited by Poplar]
10th August 2006 01:40 AM
Michael Cohl I think you are forgetting a little thing called "Onstage Seating". Why would anyone want floor seats when you can be onstage with your favorite band? I'm considering firing the back up musicians and just including a free kazoo with every Onstage Ticket sold. Not only will you be onstage with the Stones but you will be playing with them too. Just think how impressed your family and friends will be when they are listening live on their cell phones(1.99 a minute) to you playing the kazoo solo on Honky Tonk Women?

I just keep bringing it to the table, day after day. All for the kids.

Why? Because the original lyrics to the last song on Exile are as follows.... "You're a Cohl Survivor, I'm gonna be the debt of you".
10th August 2006 02:42 AM
Poplar
you're the king, Mr. Cohl.
10th August 2006 02:47 AM
MrPleasant We need a Stones Christmas special. Mick can play Ebenezer Scrooge, Keith the Ghost Of Christmas Past and Ronnie: Bob Cratchit.

I'll be Jesus Christ, because the King Of The Jews lies in all of our hearts. Therefore, I am Jesus Christ.

burp
10th August 2006 02:58 AM
Highwire Rob Michael Cohl wrote:
quote:
...I just keep bringing it to the table, day after day. All for the kids.

Why? Because the original lyrics to the last song on Exile are as follows.... "You're a Cohl Survivor, I'm gonna be the debt of you".

Mr. Cohl, I have heard rumors that you may stage a Premium "Ticket Drop" contest from Toronto's CN Tower. Is there any truth to this? How many tickets do you plan to throw out to the lowly Stones fans below? Also, will there be any cake?

I thank you in advance.

--Highwire Rob.
10th August 2006 03:48 AM
Michael Cohl
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:
Michael Cohl wrote:

Mr. Cohl, I have heard rumors that you may stage a Premium "Ticket Drop" contest from Toronto's CN Tower. Is there any truth to this? How many tickets do you plan to throw out to the lowly Stones fans below? Also, will there be any cake?

I thank you in advance.

--Highwire Rob.

Well, That's not entirely true. When I said "ticket drop", I meant "setlist drop". So you are half right. The big news is, I will be dropping 2 Stones songs from each nights setlist. We have created the Bigger Bang Cannon. Each night, I will come onstage and shoot 2 Stones songs out of the cannon, into oblivion. These songs will never be played live again. Ever. This will continue until the fans get bored of repetitive selists. This is how we have decided to end this magical legacy.
10th August 2006 05:11 AM
Gazza
quote:
Michael Cohl wrote:

Well, That's not entirely true. When I said "ticket drop", I meant "setlist drop". So you are half right. The big news is, I will be dropping 2 Stones songs from each nights setlist. We have created the Bigger Bang Cannon. Each night, I will come onstage and shoot 2 Stones songs out of the cannon, into oblivion. These songs will never be played live again. Ever. This will continue until the fans get bored of repetitive selists. This is how we have decided to end this magical legacy.

I vote for Miss You and satisfaction, but as we have no say in the matter I sense it will be fan favourites like Midnight Rambler and Sway!

You didnt mention if these songs are being replaced or not. A novel idea might be to simply shoot 2 songs out of the cannon each night, not replace them, and by the time they are about ten shows into the tour, the Stones wont even have to play ANY songs at all? Whaddya say?
10th August 2006 09:34 AM
Madafaka
quote:
Michael Cohl wrote:
I think you are forgetting a little thing called "Onstage Seating". Why would anyone want floor seats when you can be onstage with your favorite band? I'm considering firing the back up musicians and just including a free kazoo with every Onstage Ticket sold. Not only will you be onstage with the Stones but you will be playing with them too. Just think how impressed your family and friends will be when they are listening live on their cell phones(1.99 a minute) to you playing the kazoo solo on Honky Tonk Women?

I just keep bringing it to the table, day after day. All for the kids.

Agreed! Excellent point.
10th August 2006 10:38 AM
gimmekeef U2 could play in my backyard...and I'd close the drapes and pull the plugs to their equipment.....Dont need Bono preachin at me....
10th August 2006 10:50 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Michael Cohl wrote:
Just think how impressed your family and friends will be when they are listening live on their cell phones(1.99 a minute) to you playing the kazoo solo on Honky Tonk Women?

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

Everything Cohl posts is turning to gold!
10th August 2006 11:47 AM
Poplar
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
U2 could play in my backyard...and I'd close the drapes and pull the plugs to their equipment.....Dont need Bono preachin at me....

wonder what Mick would charge for a good preach'n? $2000?
10th August 2006 12:03 PM
Saint Sway U2 charging $35 for tickets doesnt make them cool. Everybands tickets these days are around $45. Its the norm. I really dont care what their tickets cost. I dont like them.

Green Days tickets are probably cheap too. Who cares?

Stones ticket prices suck. Bad. That doesnt make any other band cooler. It just makes the Stones look like assholes. Major assholes.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)