ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

100 Club, London 31st May 1982
© Dave Hogan with Very special Thanks to Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick gets singing lessons Return to archive
9th August 2006 07:19 PM
Daethgod Mick Jagger admits to voice coaching
Thursday Aug 10 08:06 AEST
For 35 years Rolling Stone frontman Mick Jagger has famously strutted his stuff and belted out the hits without ever once having a singing lesson, until now.

"Better late than never," the 63-year-old rock star revealed on Virgin Radio ahead of the band's London gigs on August 20 and 22, part of their "A Bigger Bang" world tour.

"I did a bit of voice coaching a couple of years ago, after 35 years with no voice coaching," he said.

"A bit of voice coaching and warm-ups ... really helps. I always tell these younger singers: 'I never used to do it either but you should'."

"I mean, you sing a lot. Every night you are singing for hours and hours and your voice gets tired, like anything, like running every night. That's why you have to warm up properly. I just learnt that so that's probably helped me."

In the same interview, guitarist Ronnie Wood admitted that he has yet to see Kasabian despite the fact the young, hard-edged English band is supporting the Stones on their ongoing tour.

"If I get time I may check them out," Wood said.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=103123

9th August 2006 08:06 PM
Soldatti Oh lord...
9th August 2006 08:38 PM
Poison Dart I wonder if Ronnie will be asking them for the money for their tickets if he gets a chance to see them?
9th August 2006 08:46 PM
MrPleasant I demand to hear a decent falsetto. Otherwise, you're going to lose one more fan, Mick!! I WARN YOU!!! GHRHHRHRHRHRHRHHRHRHRHHRHRHHRGGH&$%//"·)(!!"!!!!!!!
9th August 2006 09:12 PM
Taptrick
Mick had voice coaching prior to Licks.

9th August 2006 09:12 PM
Jair Think he is planning the future, in other words, start to record American songs albums, as those fuck Rod fuck Stewart. Fuck!
Wondering now if one day I'll still hate Mick!
9th August 2006 09:25 PM
Daethgod Mickster kicked ass during Worried About You in Melb (Australia) on the Bang show

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)