ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

100 Club, London 31st May 1982
© Dave Hogan with Very special Thanks to Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bon Scott's Private Letters Return to archive
9th August 2006 01:57 PM
RollingstonesUSA Patrick Donovan of Australia's The Age has issued the following report:

For the past 30 years, Bon Scott's private letters and personal photos were hidden away in the Oakleigh flat of his ex-wife, Irene Thornton. But from this week they will be shared among all Australian AC/DC fans, with the new owner displaying them in a free exhibition.

It was one of the more unusual sale nights at South Yarra's Leonard Joel art auction house, as rock fans in black T-shirts bid in May for the holy grail of Australian rock memorabilia. After being outbid for Scott's black leather-encased shaving mirror (which went for $12,540), rock aficionado James Young bought the collection of photos and letters for an undisclosed sum.

"As a devotee of Australian rock'n'roll, I would've been spitting chips if they went overseas to a rich German fan," Mr. Young said. "It would be like selling Ned Kelly's helmet to the Yanks! I mean, what would you pay for Shakespeare's private letters?"

The collection includes 70 rare photos, including wedding shots, letters, cards and the couple's marriage and divorce certificates. The intimate letters, written mainly from abroad while on tour, reveal the loneliness of a man on the verge of worldwide stardom, who seemed prepared to give up the high life to settle down in Australia to start a family.

Read the rest of the article at www.theage.com.au.
9th August 2006 02:01 PM
TampabayStone I guess that kind of take the "private" out of it.
9th August 2006 05:27 PM
MrPleasant Bon Scott could write?
9th August 2006 05:32 PM
lotsajizz yeah..I gotta admit...I was kinda surprised he could write!!!

only half tongue in cheek

9th August 2006 05:41 PM
rogerriffin
quote:
reveal the loneliness of a man on the verge of worldwide stardom, who seemed prepared to give up the high life to settle down in Australia to start a family.

He gonna be a rock`n`roll star... no, He had another plans...

Maybe he wouldn`t write but he composed cool lyrics
9th August 2006 06:57 PM
SheRat Bon Scott is one of the greatest rock n' roll front men in history.

And freakin' SEXY!

http://www.myspace.com/bonscotttribute
9th August 2006 07:03 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
SheRat wrote:
Bon Scott is one of the greatest rock n' roll front men in history.

And freakin' SEXY!

http://www.myspace.com/bonscotttribute

Do you have a myspace....
9th August 2006 07:19 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
SheRat wrote:
Bon Scott is one of the greatest rock n' roll front men in history.

DAMNED Straight!!

9th August 2006 08:14 PM
Bitch I LOVE Bon - very sexy and cool, an awesome stage presence with AC/DC and smoking hot vocals!

gonna change my evil ways, one of these days
9th August 2006 08:19 PM
SheRat
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

Do you have a myspace....

I do. And the Bon Scott Tribute is one of my "friends." Do you?
[Edited by SheRat]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)