ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

100 Club, London 31st May 1982
© Dave Hogan with Very special Thanks to Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŃOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: My Thoughts On The War Return to archive
9th August 2006 03:11 AM
pdog When I was a kid, I remember asking my grandfather what he did dueing WWII. He told he was on the back of a destroyer in Pacific shooting down Jap planes.
I later asked my Dad why he didn't fight in Viet Nam. He told me he had two kids and when that wasn't enough to avoid the draft he became a Firefighter and fought Communist ignited fires in New Jersey.
One day, when I'm old and my Grandkids ask me what I did during the great War in Iraq, I can tell them I fought it on the internet.
If you aren't lucky enough to have kids and possibly grandchildren one day, You can tell some 7 year old who is stealing your wallet from your urine soaked pants, I fought it on the internet!
We live in great times!
9th August 2006 03:43 AM
RollingstonesUSA Yes, crazy times, saw some stuff in my 3 trips over, that I don't ever want to see again....
9th August 2006 03:48 AM
pdog
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
Yes, crazy times, saw some stuff in my 3 trips over, that I don't ever want to see again....

Where were you stationed? What job do you have, and how the hell did you get back home so quick?
9th August 2006 03:58 AM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
pdog wrote:

Where were you stationed? What job do you have, and how the hell did you get back home so quick?

Al Asad Airfield in Iraq,I did Tank and Assault Amphibious Vehicle, and the reason for my return is I broke my wrist in half with the bone coming thru the skin....I am in a fuckin' cast in this heat which blows....
[Edited by RollingstonesUSA]
9th August 2006 08:14 AM
corgi37 No sucker from my family has ever fought in any war. Except i think a Captain we had in Oakham, Mass in the (i assume) Yank War of Independence.

I assume our family's idea was to stay home and "look after" the wives left behind.

It was a noble sacrifice. The loss! Oh, the loss! So many millions of sperm!
9th August 2006 02:34 PM
jb My dad and all of my Uncles served in WW2....Dad was in the US Navy and served in the South Pacific...My Uncles' were in the Army and Airforce. One of them, Allen, was shot down and spent time in a Nazi Concentration camp. Sadly, he was so effected by what happned, he changed his last name to hide his Jewish identity..I am grateful to all who have served to protect our freedom.
9th August 2006 02:40 PM
Starbuck check out "the longest winter" by alex kershaw, "night" by elie wiesel, "citizen soldiers" by ambrose, HBO's "Band of Brothers", and Popko/West's "Monsturd". all miraculous stories of survival.
[Edited by Starbuck]
9th August 2006 02:52 PM
glencar Thanks to all our vets, including our SC poster! I hope we can get out of Iraq sooner rather than later.
9th August 2006 04:15 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Thanks to all our vets, including our SC poster! I hope we can get out of Iraq sooner rather than later.

Moshe Kaplinski will hopefully use more force to weaken Hezbollah..this is the first IDF campaign where they seem to be very caustious about losing any soldiers at the expense of using more ground forces to eliminate these terro group which also killed our brave Marines in 82....other tha Al-Queda, Hezbollah has killed more Americans thanb any other terror group...I am concerned that a cease fire now would be a vicoty for them ,and Iran as well.
[Edited by jb]
9th August 2006 04:15 PM
BILL PERKS MY FATHER MOVED US TO AUSTRALIA TO AVOID THE VIETNAM DRAFT.I JUST GOT HOME.
9th August 2006 04:51 PM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
MY FATHER MOVED US TO AUSTRALIA TO AVOID THE VIETNAM DRAFT.I JUST GOT HOME.

I do not particularly care for your avatar ....

.... and you are no friend of Israel .

Why ?!?!

WHY ?!

www.PeteTownshend.com

9th August 2006 04:54 PM
MrPleasant War is gay and for homosexual sissies who like to take it up the ass real hard.

If you don't believe me, take a look at those sexy hunks, soon to be corpses, that are fighting for your country RIGHT THIS MINUTE.

What country? Well, Alaska of course. It's a gas gas gas!!
9th August 2006 04:55 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
War is gay and for homosexual sissies who like to take it up the ass real hard.

If you don't believe me, take a look at those sexy hunks, soon to be corpses, that are fighting for your country RIGHT THIS MINUTE.

So i'm gay?....lol
9th August 2006 04:58 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

So i'm gay?....lol

Give me 50!!!

(Please, or I'll have to KISS YOU!!!)
9th August 2006 05:05 PM
pdog
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
check out "the longest winter" by alex kershaw, "night" by elie wiesel, "citizen soldiers" by ambrose, HBO's "Band of Brothers", and Popko/West's "Monsturd". all miraculous stories of survival.
[Edited by Starbuck]

The new movie will be better... LOL!
If you knew the conditions we working under, insane!
9th August 2006 09:30 PM
Taptrick
For some war news outside the Amerieuro mainstream try
http://debka.com/

From debka today:

The decision Wednesday, Aug. 9, by 9 votes, none against and 3 abstentions, includes areas up to the Nabatea plateau and Arnoun beyond the Litani River. The objectof the extension is to reach and eliminate Hizballah's rocket-launch centers. It deepens Israel's thrust to some 45 km from the border and calls for a further large influx of army reserves.

DEBKAfile’s military sources add the extended operation does not promise the total stoppage of all rocket fire against Israel, but could potentially bring about a sizeable reduction from up to 200 a day to some 30 or 50.

The ministers who abstained were Dep. PM Shimon Peres, Labor’s Ofer Pines and Shas leader Eli Yishai.

DEBKAfile’s military sources add the extended operation does not promise the total stoppage of all rocket fire against Israel, but could potentially bring about a sizeable reduction from up to 200 a day to some 30 or 50.

Wednesday, Israeli forces sustained high casualties in a major Hizballah onslaught of anti-tank missiles in heavy clashes at Ayta a-Chaab and Debel. Israeli special forces are already fighting in the Qantara region east of the Litani. Despite massive Israeli aerial strikes and ground operations in the Tyre region in the west, Hizballah fired a series of long-range Khaibar-1 missiles from there which reached Haifa, Beit Shean, Afula, Zichron Yaacov and Jenin.

Hassan Nasrallah went on the air Wednesday night to scotch international efforts to halt the hostilities by diplomacy: He warned the Lebanese prime minister Fouad Siniora against giving an inch to American demands for a multinational force to be deployed in South Lebanon.

Siniora accordingly informed the US official David Welch that his government would only accept a Lebanese force plus UNIFIL to police the south.

9th August 2006 09:32 PM
Taptrick Interesting from debka two days ago:

DEBKAfile’s military sources disclose: Hizballah’s rocket offensive against Israel is orchestrated from a rear command located in the Syrian town of Anjar

August 7, 2006, 12:41 PM (GMT+02:00)

While Israeli officials keep on insisting that Syria must be kept out of the conflict, the fact is that the Assad regime is already in it up to their ears – with a leading role in the Hizballah rocket attacks on northern Israel.

The command which coordinates the pace of those attacks is located at the Anjar base of the Syrian Army’s 10th Division opposite the Lebanese town of Az Zabdani. It is manned by Iranian and Hizballah officers, who take their orders from a Syrian military intelligence center in Damascus to which Iranian Revolutionary Guards intelligence officers are attached. It is headed by a general from one of Syria’s surface missile brigades. This joint command is provided with the most up-to-date intelligence and electronic data available to Syria on targets in Israel and IDF movements. The timing and tempo of Hizballah rocket strikes are set according to that information.

To keep the rockets coming without interruption, the joint Hizballah-Syrian-Iranian command is also responsible with keeping Hizballah supplied with an inflow of rockets and launchers. They use smuggling rings to slip the supplies into Lebanon by mule and donkey which ply the 5,000-7,000 feet mountain paths that straddle the Syrian-Lebanese frontier.

A senior Israeli officer told DEBKAfile: We can go on bombing Lebanon for many weeks, but that will not stop the rockets.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)