ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

100 Club, London 31st May 1982
© Dave Hogan with Very special Thanks to Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: U2 top live poll Return to archive Page: 1 2
8th August 2006 11:46 AM
Ten Thousand Motels U2 top live poll
08/08/2006 - 13:25:3
IO

U2 have been named the Greatest Live Band currently performing, in a new US poll.

The Irish rockers beat Iggy Pop's reformed The Stooges, acclaimed Arcade Fire and the Red Hot Chili Peppers to top the Spin magazine poll.

Spin editors gave U2 the edge, claiming: "What's most impressive about U2's huge tours is that the quartet can cut through the precisely-timed techno clutter and deliver moments of true spontaneity."

The full top 10 in the 25 Greatest Live Bands poll is:

1. U2
2. The Stooges
3. Arcade Fire
4. Red Hot Chili Peppers
5. Radiohead
6. White Stripes
7. Green Day
8. The Hives
9. Prince
10. The Dirtbombs

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
8th August 2006 11:50 AM
jb Never read Spin and based on the above, wisely so.
8th August 2006 11:58 AM
Saint Sway at this very moment Pug and his pals are whooping it up and celebrating over at the U2 Achtung Baby Message Board
8th August 2006 12:00 PM
glencar Spin sucks. Blender is the best music rag right now.
8th August 2006 12:04 PM
Saint Sway Blender sucks. Its more of a mix of US weekly & Maxim than music. Its all fluff. Just top 40 acts.

the best music rags are all from England. Especially Mojo & Classic Rock. Both good shit.

of the smaller rags here Relix and No Depression always have good reads
8th August 2006 12:08 PM
glencar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Blender sucks. Its more of a mix of US weekly & Maxim than music. Its all fluff. Just top 40 acts.

the best music rags are all from England. Especially Mojo & Classic Rock. Both good shit.

of the smaller rags here Relix and No Depression always have good reads

I was talking about the major ones in this country, asshole. I like MOJO & Q much better & I'll buy them next week but I don't get them often enough. I tried Spin & RS & they suck - like you!
8th August 2006 12:10 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
I was talking about the major ones in this country, asshole. I like MOJO & Q much better & I'll buy them next week but I don't get them often enough. I tried Spin & RS & they suck - like you!

whats wrong with you dude???

why the negative shit all the time?? I just offered my .02. Wasnt attacking you in any way.

get some meds man
8th August 2006 12:11 PM
glencar I just despise you. It's you, not me.
8th August 2006 12:13 PM
Saint Sway whatever. Get help.
8th August 2006 12:13 PM
glencar Fuck off.
8th August 2006 12:20 PM
the good Be kind boys!
8th August 2006 12:22 PM
glencar LOL I'll try.
8th August 2006 07:23 PM
Soldatti Fuck this poll.
8th August 2006 08:41 PM
Poison Dart U2 is so fucking bland I can't stand it.
8th August 2006 08:57 PM
Spru No PEARL JAM on that list? That says it all. They are the best live act right now and one of the greatest ever. The Stones are obviously on any top 10 live list; these people have no clue what they are talking about.
[Edited by Spru]
9th August 2006 08:20 AM
corgi37 Pray tell, who the fuck are the Dirtbombs?

All these voters need to go to Lebanon.

Now!
9th August 2006 01:54 PM
ebmp It's funny how you always say the Stones shows suck nowadays, and you're done with them touring and bla bla bla. But when they don't appear on a stupid poll like this, you get all flamed up
9th August 2006 04:46 PM
Paranoid_Android
Spin editors gave U2 the edge, claiming: "What's most impressive about U2's huge tours is that the quartet can cut through the precisely-timed techno clutter and deliver moments of true spontaneity."

This is actually VERY true!!! The Stones can actually take a lesson in this...ie: "It's great to see you...It's great to see anybody..." I heard that line 3 times...not including live flicks...
9th August 2006 04:48 PM
Some Guy
U2 - Vertigo 2005 - Live From Chicago is good, my wife bought it and I kinda dig it. Very good production and it's easy to dance to.
9th August 2006 05:00 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

U2 - Vertigo 2005 - Live From Chicago is good, my wife bought it and I kinda dig it. Very good production and it's easy to dance to.

please post the audience stills of Pug dancing at the show
9th August 2006 05:55 PM
snap13 U2 SHOWS ARE PROBABLY THE BEST LIVE SHOWS I GO TO... THEY ARE NOT MY FAVORITE BAND BUT THEY HAVE QUITE A HOLD ON THE AUDIENCE WHEN YOU SEE THEM LIVE!!! EXCELLENT BAND TO GO CHECK OUT IF YOUVE NEVER SEEN THEM LIVE...
9th August 2006 11:10 PM
Poplar
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:

This is actually VERY true!!! The Stones can actually take a lesson in this...ie: "It's great to see you...It's great to see anybody..." I heard that line 3 times...not including live flicks...

very true, indeed. stones are on auto pilot most nights. with the exception of mick and charlie, who actually work.
[Edited by Poplar]
9th August 2006 11:27 PM
MrPleasant Hell. I'm probably the best live act around. Take my wife, PLEASE!!!
9th August 2006 11:30 PM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
"What's most impressive about U2's huge tours is that the quartet can cut through the precisely-timed techno clutter and deliver moments of true spontaneity."

Ehem.
10th August 2006 12:06 AM
Poplar and let's not forget that U2's most expensive ticket ever barely reaches 100$. That so many Stones fans on this board rag on U2, considering what the Stones have become has always amazed me.

When i saw vertigo I payed $45 for a general admission ticket on the FLOOR - which via their random lottery allowed my brother and i into the "elipse" right at center stage... that's the best seat in the house for $45. Stones ever gonna do that? LOL!

Think about it - the two of us had GA floor seats right in front of the stage for $100. For us to have seats in the first half of a football field for the stones would cost $1000. Simply ridiculous.

Now, go ahead and keep slag'n on U2, a band that actually gives their fans their money's worth.

[Edited by Poplar]
10th August 2006 09:49 AM
corgi37
10th August 2006 10:08 AM
jb Lets also not forget that U2 has about 1/3 the catalogue the Stones do. Sadly, unlike the Stones, they have cross marketed themsleves brilliantly. They also came to prminence in the 80's, where our boys were slagging each other and losing the last drop of creative juice they had. I personally dislike U2, but I fully understand why they have such wide appeal compared to the Stones. It goes much deeper than the ticket prices Bono is viewed as a 'savior" by many and unfirtunately, most people b/t the ages of 18-35, view the Stones in no great eer light than our generation viewed our parents music. I am confident in the long run, the Stones legaccy will be stronger, but at this time , much to my chargrin, U2 is actually more popular worldwide.
10th August 2006 10:25 AM
Gazza Another US humiliation. Whats going on over there, Joshy?
10th August 2006 10:51 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Another US humiliation. Whats going on over there, Joshy?

Sadly, like the rest of the World, NA has finally rejected the Stones....it is alm ost unheard of for major venues like Boston,NJ, and Chicago to be so wide open...they seriously miscalculated thier demand, or as some suggest, will use the "losses" as tax write offs.....I think they needed to take time off, try again to record something listenable, and then do the extended stays as has been rumored in the future.
10th August 2006 10:56 AM
Saint Sway what they need to do is stop hitting up the same markets over and over again for $500 tickets that are 100 yds away from the stage
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)