ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Craig... you rock!!
A Bigger Bang Tour Warm-up gig
©`Craig Martin from Classic Albums Live Toronto
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick Jagger or Scott McClellan? Return to archive
August 10th, 2005 11:32 PM
USFan Boy, it's hilarious how when the tables turn, the Stones backpedal and start saying "we have no further comment" just like the White House does when it gets backed into a corner. Just a bit ironic.
------------------------------
These soundbites appeared on CNN Headline News' "Showbiz Tonight" this evening.

Mick Jagger:
"It's not an attack on President Bush, it wouldn't be called "Sweet Neo Con" if it was President Bush. Um, no, I mean it certainly criticizes policies he espouses, I'm sure, but you know, it was really, it was really sparked off some rouses I had with some Republican friends of mine so, we disagreed, we argued about Iraq and we argued about this and that, yeah."

Keith Richards:
"Well it's kind of a mind set, I don't know if it's really quite just against one person, it's ah, it's actually uh Mick's song and to sort of set this straight, I said to Mick, well, yeah, it's pointy pointy, and my only thing about this song, the album is cool and it's good by itself, I don't want to be sidetracked by some political song in a teacup."

Band spokesman (to the Associated Press):

"The Rolling Stones have no further comment on this song's lyrics."

[Edited by USFan]
August 10th, 2005 11:40 PM
FPM C10 Will you PLEASE go to bed?

Damn those Stones! "Get Up Stand Up" is a horribly political song. They should burn in hell for playing that. And "Mr. Pitiful" - if THAT's not a veiled insult to Bush, I don't know WHAT is.

Comparing Mick to that WEASEL Scott McClellan. Gaaahhh!!! If you were here I'd smack you. Or at least throw some Zinfandel in your face.
August 10th, 2005 11:40 PM
Angiegirl Gazza, Gerardo, please close his threads and his account ASAP!!
August 10th, 2005 11:41 PM
beer
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Gazza, Gerardo, please close his threads and his account ASAP!!

Agree!

-
August 10th, 2005 11:41 PM
USFan I like your TR quote but your picture of lady liberty is despicable and an insult to the people who have fought to preserve freedom. F**k you.
August 10th, 2005 11:42 PM
USFan Yep - you don't agree and can't rebut what I'm saying, so you shut me out. Reminds me of Stalin and the other left-wingers you likely identify with. Only listen to the opinions you agree with and crush everyone else, right?
August 10th, 2005 11:43 PM
Monkey Woman Yeah, ban the assclown! We know who is "Mr Pitifull", now! Urgh...
Steel Wheels I'm all for melting that hunk of shit down and turning it into something useful, like....fenders for a fleet of '59 Buicks.
Riffhard I really think the only thing that we can do as "real" Stones fans is to wring our hands about it,and to bitch,moan,cuss,shit liquid,and flood message boards about it. That would be the American thing to do!

Get fucking over it troll boy!

I'm a proud American as well as a proud Republican,but you,my friend,are barking fucking mad! Let it go! How many threads are you gonna start over this shit?

I'm begining to think that you are really a closet liberal trying to make the GOP look bad! LOL!

Hey the Stones played Get Up,Stand Up tonight!!! In their honor when I get home I'm gonna roll a big fat spliff and smoke that puppy while listening to Brussles Affair and reading the latest edition of National Review!!! Hells yeah! And yous?

Riffhard
August 10th, 2005 11:44 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
USFan wrote:
Yep - you don't agree and can't rebut what I'm saying, so you shut me out. Reminds me of Stalin and the other left-wingers you likely identify with. Only listen to the opinions you agree with and crush everyone else, right?

'reminds' you??? Now I'm thinkin' you're not a guy but a committee...

Shiver...

Troll alert!!!
August 10th, 2005 11:44 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
USFan wrote:
Yep - you don't agree and can't rebut what I'm saying, so you shut me out. Reminds me of Stalin and the other left-wingers you likely identify with. Only listen to the opinions you agree with and crush everyone else, right?

Hey look, he's finally looking in a mirror!
August 10th, 2005 11:45 PM
Lazy Bones coffee, anyone...?
August 10th, 2005 11:45 PM
USFan Keep thinking that. I'm a guy who likes the Stones and has a computer, that's it.
August 10th, 2005 11:46 PM
beer
quote:
USFan wrote:

Not by a longshot, kid. I just think you're a nut that assumes Mick "Promised" all of us something and now he is "playing on all of our fears".

-
August 10th, 2005 11:47 PM
USFan Mick Jagger promised us to conduct this tour with humility. Instead, he has brought us humiliation...in the eyes of the world.
August 10th, 2005 11:47 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Hey look, he's finally looking in a mirror!

LOL! Now if he could just watch himself wanking on said mirror, we would have a little peace!

Mick played slide, Ronnie? Yeah! wooh!
August 10th, 2005 11:48 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
coffee, anyone...?

Was just debating if I would get some sleep or keep going for the day, as dawn just set in so it's getting to late to still call it 'night'. Sigh.
August 10th, 2005 11:49 PM
Poplar
this has gotta stop
August 10th, 2005 11:49 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
USFan wrote:
Mick Jagger promised us to conduct this tour with humility. Instead, he has brought us humiliation...in the eyes of the world.

That's total fabrication, BS, wankfest, etc. If there's a God, please let Her spare us in our misery, on this the 1st show of a Stones tour, and we're being attacked by a miserable TROLL? Urgh!
August 11th, 2005 12:01 AM
USFan Fabrication my a$$. I've been posting quotes from the band and facts all evening while you've been spewing rhetorics and jokes that no one finds funny.
August 11th, 2005 01:12 AM
The_Worst
quote:
USFan wrote:

------------------------------
These soundbites appeared on CNN Headline News' "Showbiz Tonight" this evening.

Mick Jagger:
"It's not an attack on President Bush, it wouldn't be called "Sweet Neo Con" if it was President Bush. Um, no, I mean it certainly criticizes policies he espouses, I'm sure, but you know, it was really, it was really sparked off some rouses I had with some Republican friends of mine so, we disagreed, we argued about Iraq and we argued about this and that, yeah."

This is truely shocking!! I thought several posters told me it was impossible to be Republican and a Rolling Stones fan?!?! But hear Mick says he has Republican friends!! Republican friends!?!? Does that mean I can now go to Fenway or does that mean Mick can't show up?!
August 11th, 2005 01:27 AM
USFan You're not funny...
August 11th, 2005 02:06 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
USFan wrote:
Mick Jagger promised us to conduct this tour with humility. Instead, he has brought us humiliation...in the eyes of the world.

WTF?!!?!?!??!

you, sir, are an idiot

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
August 11th, 2005 03:13 AM
glencar I think it's jb in thin disguise.
August 11th, 2005 03:16 AM
Poplar
quote:
glencar wrote:
I think it's jb in thin disguise.

let's hope so. it would end faster.
August 11th, 2005 03:32 AM
Bloozehound this is good stuff right here

usfans the man!
August 11th, 2005 03:56 AM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
glencar wrote:
I think it's jb in thin disguise.

LOL !
And i was thinking it was a provocateur someone called eh.... uh.... something with a G.....
August 11th, 2005 04:07 AM
CHIEFMOON
quote:
USFan wrote:
I like your TR quote but your picture of lady liberty is despicable and an insult to the people who have fought to preserve freedom. F**k you.

HEY ASSHOLE.
WHAT'S YOUR TRIP?
NO WAY ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH YOU WERE EVER A ROLLING STONES FAN.

WHY DON'T YOU JUST SIMPLY PACK YER ARSE OFF TOO MESOPOTAMIA AT YER OWN BLOODY EXPENSE AND JOIN THE FRAY?

AND BEFORE YOU CONSIDER SOME BASE RETORT BE MINDFUL THAT YOU MAY BE SPEAKING TO AN AN AIRBORNE RANGER.......
[Edited by CHIEFMOON]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)