ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Craig... you rock!!
A Bigger Bang Tour Warm-up gig
©`Craig Martin from Classic Albums Live Toronto
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones on London terror attacks Return to archive
August 10th, 2005 10:51 PM
USFan Quick question:

Since the Stones are now political commentators, I was curious about what they had to say about the attacks on their homeland on July 7th. Did they come out and condemn the despicable terrorists who bombed the Underground and a bus and murdered civilians? Did they talk about how important it is for Tony Blair's government to fight terrorists and stand up to extremism?

Just curious. I mean, if I was internationally famous and someone attacked my hometown, which happened on 9/11, I certainly wouldn't be silent about it.
August 10th, 2005 10:56 PM
keithriffhard well of course they probably said it was a tragedy, and that those ass holes need to burn in hell, England rules
August 10th, 2005 10:57 PM
USFan Cool, could you post the article or send a link to the video of it? Thanks.
August 10th, 2005 11:02 PM
Monkey Woman Oh no, not you again, you little troll!
exile listen to keiths radio interview on virgin radio
Angiegirl
quote:
USFan wrote:
Quick question:

Since the Stones are now political commentators, I was curious about what they had to say about the attacks on their homeland on July 7th. Did they come out and condemn the despicable terrorists who bombed the Underground and a bus and murdered civilians? Did they talk about how important it is for Tony Blair's government to fight terrorists and stand up to extremism?

Just curious. I mean, if I was internationally famous and someone attacked my hometown, which happened on 9/11, I certainly wouldn't be silent about it.

What's your point? They just did Get Up Stand Up in Toronto. That's enough info for now.

[Edited by Angiegirl]
Lazy Bones Did you see that kid fall from the upper deck at the Yankees game last night...?
August 10th, 2005 11:03 PM
parmeda What fucking planet are you two from?

Can you please stop the political bullshit for one fucking night for crying out loud....or take it to a back alley.

I don't give a rat's fucking ass whom's artistic view is interpreted into a political commentary...

The Stones are playing their balls off right now!

Give this shit a rest.
August 10th, 2005 11:03 PM
Monkey Woman "Stones are now political commentators", my ass! Howe much are you paid to troll that board, Mr USfan?
August 10th, 2005 11:05 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
parmeda wrote:
What fucking planet are you two from?

Can you please stop the political bullshit for one fucking night for crying out loud....or take it to a back alley.

I don't give a rat's fucking ass whom's artistic view is interpreted into a political commentary...

The Stones are playing their balls off right now!

Give this shit a rest.

Yeah, you said it, parmy! In other words: don't spoil the fun, don't piss on the parade, don't keep whining about what you don't understand! Keep your politicking at home!
[Edited by Monkey Woman]
August 10th, 2005 11:05 PM
Lazy Bones Gretzky's a head coach! How 'bout that...

August 10th, 2005 11:09 PM
USFan I know it makes you sleep easier thinking I'm a "troll" paid by the Republican National Committee. In fact, I'm a twenty-something year-old guy who's loved the Stones since he listened to his Dad's old records when he was a little kid, and owns about 20 CD's and 4 DVD's of the Stones' work. I've only gotten to see them once and was extremely excited for their new album and tour (I have tickets for 10/15 in Atlanta) until I was disgusted to learn that the Stones have decided to take the low left-wing road of Bruce Springsteen instead of the high neutral road of a band like Aerosmith, who plays their asses off and SHUTS THE F**K UP about subjects they don't know or understand, like American politics.

August 10th, 2005 11:16 PM
Angiegirl Who cares man. Don't take everything, including yourself and rock 'n roll, so goddamn serious ok! It's a publicity stunt is all. People are complex stuff, not just defined by their political preferences, and if that political preference is all you are, that's sad. No need to open 20,000 new threads saying the same things while there have been at least 2 threads discussing the very same thing for days -weeks even- already. Just stop it. Take it to the Bush boards or whatever.
August 10th, 2005 11:16 PM
glencar USFan, I'm a Republican but a couple of decades over tahn you. I view this song as a mistake but it's not all that important. It's 1/26th of the new CD.
August 10th, 2005 11:24 PM
Steel Wheels US Fan,

Listen to your Aerosmith records. Enjoy them. Feel safe in Daddy's records. Feel safe in whatever political views you have and cherish it.

But to say that someone like Mick Jagger doesn't know anything about a topic is bogus. He's well educated, well traveled, and keeps on top of everything.

August 10th, 2005 11:36 PM
USFan He's also a paid entertainer with enormous influence. And don't try to turn Mick Jagger into a student of world events, last I checked he's been f**king anyone with a pulse and shooting H for the last 40 years. Give me a break!
August 10th, 2005 11:37 PM
Angiegirl Fucking and being intelligent and up-to-date about world events aren't mutually exclusive. You have such a constricted world view dude. Get educated will ya!
August 10th, 2005 11:38 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
USFan wrote:
He's also a paid entertainer with enormous influence. And don't try to turn Mick Jagger into a student of world events, last I checked he's been f**king anyone with a pulse and shooting H for the last 40 years. Give me a break!

You *checked*??? And that's what you're coming up with? Oh, yeah!

August 10th, 2005 11:39 PM
Angiegirl Irene, are you having as much fun with him as I am having right now? Nothing like a nice rant in the early morning (geez, is it 5:40 AM already? Damn!!).
August 10th, 2005 11:50 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Nothing like a nice rant in the early morning (geez, is it 5:40 AM already? Damn!!).

Ded-i-ca-ted!

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!!
August 10th, 2005 11:52 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Irene, are you having as much fun with him as I am having right now? Nothing like a nice rant in the early morning (geez, is it 5:40 AM already? Damn!!).

I'm admit I'm totally hot with the news about the show! And I've always got a kick out of whacking loudmouth intolerants... A sin I'll probably get to regret one day, but who cares, it's the tour's 1st date, let it rock!
Angiegirl
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
Ded-i-ca-ted!
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!!

Lol, I heard another nice one the other day:
"As a finishing touch, God created the Dutch"!!!

On that happy note, I think I'll get some sleep now.
USFan So what did the Rolling Stones have to say about the terrible acts of terrorism on London? I'm still waiting for an answer. I guess they were too busy writing half-baked tunes bashing the president of a foreign country to notice the tragedy in their backyard?
August 10th, 2005 11:56 PM
Angiegirl Yes, you're right. They suck. You are so much better. Goodnight people.
August 11th, 2005 12:03 AM
USFan And thanks for a night of worthless responses. All you did was prove my point.
August 11th, 2005 12:08 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Lol, I heard another nice one the other day:
"As a finishing touch, God created the Dutch"!!!

On that happy note, I think I'll get some sleep now.

Good night, sleep tight!
August 11th, 2005 12:10 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
USFan wrote:
And thanks for a night of worthless responses. All you did was prove my point.

Worthless comments reap worthless responses. You're a slow learner, aren't you?

BTW, you never had a point - only a useless opinion that was never welcomed.

'night...
August 11th, 2005 12:15 AM
USFan Opinions other than yours are useless? You sound like a heroin junkie...I mean Keith Richards...
August 11th, 2005 04:48 AM
Gazza
quote:
USFan wrote:
So what did the Rolling Stones have to say about the terrible acts of terrorism on London? I'm still waiting for an answer. I guess they were too busy writing half-baked tunes bashing the president of a foreign country to notice the tragedy in their backyard?

they've already written about terrorism before.

It was called Blinded by rainbows.

Sorry if you missed it
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)