ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Craig... you rock!!
A Bigger Bang Tour Warm-up gig
©`Craig Martin from Classic Albums Live Toronto
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: See you in Atlanta Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 11th, 2005 01:06 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
USFan wrote:
Thanks, I don't need you to tell me how to adhere to my principles. And how is livening up the boring, predictable "hey guys what was the setlist tonight" and "hey when is the new album coming out" monotones of this board showing no consideration for anyone? Last time I checked, all my posts are generating responses. Your arguments are so laughably paper-thin they're putting me to sleep.

Its not necessarily that every single woman on the board doesn't like you, son. Its not that at all. Its that they all think you're gay. See the distinction? Now go back and think about it. Think about howe you got to where you are, and where do you go from here.
August 11th, 2005 01:07 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Look, USFan. No one is criticizing you because of your political offiliation or beliefs. Hell, I'm a Republican, there are several on this board. I don't like entertainers preaching politics at me, either.

But wise up. This has happened before, this has happened with The Rolling Stones (see: "Highwire," "Rip This Joint," which slags Richard Nixon, "Respectable," "Indian Girl," "Undercover Of The Night"...). I don't agree with the political views of, say, Neil Young one bit, but I still enjoy his music, even when it seems to get a little preachy. I enjoy Public Enemy even though I occasionally think "Well, shit, I'm a suburban white boy, what do I know about any of this?" because I find the message articulate, irate, and immediate even fifteen years later - there is still a problem and no one has solved it.

All you seem to be doing is posting the same topic over and over again and then responding in an offended manner. I understand, you initially had a legitimate point - you don't want to buy this album because "Sweet Neo Con" is on it. I find musicians frequently talk to me about things they don't really understand - poverty, war, politics, etc.. When that happens, I smile, nod, and form my own opinions. It seems to me that you're worried that people will form their opinions on Condoleeza Rice based on this Rolling Stones song: don't you have a little more faith in the human race than that?

Besides, everyone knows why it's on there - to sell more records. Already there've been news stories about it. Maureen Dowd wrote a column about it today, sending sales jumping. It's a marketing ploy, nothing more, nothing less. Get over it, and please get over yourself. Make useful contributions to other people's threads rather than posting the same one over and over again. We all now know exactly what your views are on this subject. Reposting them will only hurt your cause.
August 11th, 2005 01:18 AM
USFan Thanks for alerting me to the Dowd column, I read it on NYTimes.com 24 hours ago. So, basically, you're telling me that the Stones sold out their fans to gain a jump in album sales? Wow, you've put it all in perspective for me, I'll just accept it and move on.
August 11th, 2005 01:24 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
USFan wrote:
Thanks for alerting me to the Dowd column, I read it on NYTimes.com 24 hours ago. So, basically, you're telling me that the Stones sold out their fans to gain a jump in album sales? Wow, you've put it all in perspective for me, I'll just accept it and move on.

Very nice of you to behave snide and dismissive when I was honestly trying to be welcoming.

Yeah, so you're a guy who pretends to have a differing political opinion when all you want is to get a rise out of people so they notice you. I, for instance, just noticed your McLellan thread and laughed out loud. It's cute.

It'll be cuter once you get banned.
August 11th, 2005 01:26 AM
USFan And why on earth would I get banned? Because I disagree with the majority of "blinded by rainbows" Stones fans on this board? I own many records and DVD's, and have paid to attend shows, and I have no right to voice my opinion on here and you do?

No thanks. "Don't wanna be your slave."
August 11th, 2005 05:05 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
USFan wrote:
We paid money to see a great concert by a great band. We did not pay money to hear any Bush bashing or commentary by drugged-out, uneducated people with microphones.

uneducated people with microphones??

let me quote your favorite band, the Spice Girls:
WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE???
August 11th, 2005 05:52 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
USFan wrote:
The Stones won't be swooping into the deep south and holding an anti-Bush rally, I can tell you that much, and expect a rude awakening at the show if you want to promote that despicable behavior.

Despicable--yeah, that's your dumb hick ass all right

Hey, how'd that Civil War work out for you inbreds?
August 11th, 2005 05:54 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
USFan wrote:
Yes, I have heard the song.

you're a lying sack of shit

August 11th, 2005 05:55 AM
Moonisup wooow
August 11th, 2005 06:25 AM
CHIEFMOON
quote:
USFan wrote:
Yes, and I'm very saddened that I have to spend any time telling the Rolling Stones to shut the f**k up about politics and just play music. I pay money for their records and tours just like you and have every right to demand responsible behavior from these guys. So back off.

So, it's all about YOU getting entertained.

Sorry boy, most often an artist does what they do for the pure joy of artistic expression.

Now if that happens to entail or intimate some reference to current events, doesn't the public thereby get something like a bonus or a treat?
August 11th, 2005 06:28 AM
egon USfan is SS isn't he?

come on, tell me he is!
August 11th, 2005 06:32 AM
CHIEFMOON
quote:
USFan wrote:
And I will be at the show, and if the Stones try to pull any political bullsh*t, you will know who I am right away. They won't have the guts to say it anyway, you don't march into Georgia and start telling these people how to live their lives unless you have the Union army behind you.

Hey dude, how big is that venue in GA?

I only ask because the smaller the place is the quicker you WILL go down.

And funny thing: it will be Professionals who do it.

Hell, they might even be from HS.
August 11th, 2005 06:35 AM
Poplar
it's jb, i swear!
August 11th, 2005 06:36 AM
egon that's the other option yes!
August 11th, 2005 06:43 AM
CHIEFMOON
quote:
egon wrote:
USfan is SS isn't he?

come on, tell me he is!

Why would you think that?
August 11th, 2005 06:48 AM
Poplar
whoever it is, they managed to steal the show on opening night.
and God should never forgive them for it.

August 11th, 2005 06:53 AM
egon
quote:
CHIEFMOON wrote:

Why would you think that?

cos SS is funny
August 11th, 2005 06:53 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Poplar wrote:

it's jb, i swear!

lugar may be??
August 11th, 2005 06:56 AM
Poplar
SS posted in one of the countless USFan threads somewhere, so i think he's off the list. Maxy too, i believe.

August 11th, 2005 06:57 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

uneducated people with microphones??

let me quote your favorite band, the Spice Girls:
WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE???

LOL I'm betting this guy is a plant from RS.com who's working at making the demand bigger for the albums!
August 11th, 2005 06:58 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Poplar wrote:

SS posted in one of the countless USFan threads somewhere, so i think he's off the list. Maxy too, i believe.

So, I think it' s GWB himself
August 11th, 2005 06:58 AM
Poplar
Monkey Woman, that would be some ruthless shit.
August 11th, 2005 07:21 AM
Private Godfrey USFan here's the place for you to get your thoughts aired, your waisting my computer ink...http://www.debatepolitics.com/
Come back when you want to talk about something less boring.
August 11th, 2005 08:31 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
USFan wrote:
I've decided, despite the Stones betraying their fans and playing on our fears by spitting anti-presidential rhetoric for no reason on their latest album, to attend the Atlanta show on 10/15 since I already bought tickets anyway. I will not be buying "A Bigger Bang." Anyway, expect a very patriotic, pro-America atmosphere that night. The Stones won't be swooping into the deep south and holding an anti-Bush rally, I can tell you that much, and expect a rude awakening at the show if you want to promote that despicable behavior.

We paid money to see a great concert by a great band. We did not pay money to hear any Bush bashing or commentary by drugged-out, uneducated people with microphones. If it turns into that, expect a firm response from the good people of Georgia, who do not subscribe to the New York Times, go to Starbucks, or save trees in their free time.

See you in Atlanta.

You better stay clear of me there in Atlanta..I'm going to have a good time and dont need political hacks like you there to fuck it up.....You've been warned!!!

August 11th, 2005 08:48 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
egon wrote:
USfan is SS isn't he?

come on, tell me he is!

I thought he was jb, but he spells to goode!

August 11th, 2005 11:09 AM
USFan Keep thinking that if it will make you feel better.
August 11th, 2005 01:25 PM
PatBateman Atlanta is a pretty liberal city, US Fan.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)