ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Craig... you rock!!
A Bigger Bang Tour Warm-up gig
©`Craig Martin from Classic Albums Live Toronto
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick says Sweet Neocon IS NOT Bush... Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 10th, 2005 08:37 PM
The_Worst He says it is about certain policies of the adminstration but the song would never have been called "Sweet Neocon" if it was about GWB!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050810/ap_en_mu/music_rolling_stones;_ylt=AhALrj.HfDc3sA2ahg5FwNlxFb8C;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl
August 10th, 2005 08:40 PM
Some Guy no such thing as bad publicity
August 10th, 2005 08:43 PM
Gazza Too late!

as of yesterday's furore, the tour is OFFICIALLY "a bust"
August 10th, 2005 08:46 PM
beer
quote:
Gazza wrote:

the tour is OFFICIALLY "a bust"

So is Brian!

-
August 10th, 2005 08:47 PM
Some Guy a bigger bust?
August 10th, 2005 08:49 PM
Monkey Woman Who needs yesterday's papers?

Link to Yahoo News story : Jagger Says Song Not an Anti-Bush Tirade

2 hours, 19 minutes ago

NEW YORK - The Rolling Stones' upcoming album contains a song seemingly critical of
President Bush, but
Mick Jagger denies it's directed at him, according to the syndicated TV show "Extra."

"It is not really aimed at anyone," Jagger said on the entertainment-news show's Wednesday edition. "It's not aimed, personally aimed, at President Bush. It wouldn't be called 'Sweet Neo Con' if it was."

The song is from the new album, "A Bigger Bang," set for release Sept. 6. There is no mention of Bush or Iraq. But it does refer to military contractor Halliburton, which was formerly run by Vice President Cheney and has been awarded key Iraq contracts, and the rising price of gasoline.

"How come you're so wrong? My sweet neo-con, where's the money gone, in the Pentagon," goes one refrain.

The song also includes the line: "It's liberty for all, democracy's our style, unless you are against us, then it's prison without trial."

"It is certainly very critical of certain policies of the administration, but so what! Lots of people are critical," Jagger told "Extra."

A representative for the Stones said the group had no further comment about the song.

The Rolling Stones intend to kick off a U.S. tour in Boston Aug. 21."
August 10th, 2005 08:49 PM
Angiegirl LOL, no news is good news.
August 10th, 2005 08:51 PM
Monkey Woman
"It is certainly very critical, but so what! Lots of people are critical"

Mick must have been looking at RO these last two days!
August 10th, 2005 08:54 PM
Angiegirl What do you mean? I've never noticed critics here...

Only some people who are right and most people who are wrong .

[Edited by Angiegirl]
August 10th, 2005 08:55 PM
lotsajizz what moron said it was about Shrub? from the beginning we knew it was about that bucktoothed idiot Condi
August 10th, 2005 08:56 PM
Angiegirl Wow, you're a fan! Don't hide it.
August 10th, 2005 09:08 PM
sirmoonie If it was about George Walker Bush III, it would have been entitled Sweet Neo Tard.

I doubt its about Dr. Rice either, since she doesn't do any bible thumping that I've ever heard.

Its probably an feminized amalgam of what Mick has read in various newspapers or heard on TV talk shows about whatever the hell type of personality "neo-con" supposedly refers to, and who knows what any of these political terms means anymore . . . George Walker Bush III = conservative . . . ? ? ?. . . . wingy dingy ding ding . . . = . . . cow bang?

Sure has people in quite the tizzy though. Very odd behavior.
August 10th, 2005 09:13 PM
Gazza
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
what moron said it was about Shrub? from the beginning we knew it was about that bucktoothed idiot Condi

you fancy the knickers off her....stop trying to hide it...
August 10th, 2005 09:14 PM
Monkey Woman Mick must fancy them too... Always was attracted to strong women.
August 10th, 2005 09:31 PM
Sir Stonesalot JB's sources deep inside the Stones camp have told me that Sweet Neo-Con is, indeed, NOT about W.

It is, in fact, about INTERNET STONESICONS!!!

That's right!! It about all our loveable RO/Couch Republinazis!

For real. The Glimmers were sitting around one night all fucked up on cough syrup...Keef absentmindedly strummed the riff on an old '67 Hummingbird, Mick was absentmindedly reading the boards on his lappie....and next thing you know....BLAMMO!!!...out popped Sweet Neo-Con.

JB's sources tell me that one of our boys is even in the running for a "inspiration by" songwriting credit!

So congrats to all our right wingnuts. You made it onto the new album!
August 10th, 2005 09:57 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Gazza wrote:

you fancy the knickers off her....stop trying to hide it...

you got me

I love that bucktooth
August 10th, 2005 10:37 PM
USFan How dare they blame their misdeeds on part-time fans from Upstate New York. How dare they not blame enlisted personnel.
August 10th, 2005 10:47 PM
texile we knew from the beginning this song was not a direct atack on bush, the PERSON....but it IS an attack on the administration and its policies...and that's even better!
a personal attack is absolutley useless and gutless - but to openly criticize everything this administration personifies has a more righteous resonance;
im proud mick has gotten some balls back - and its nice that people are actually talking about the stones in the context of social relevance...........for once.
August 10th, 2005 10:53 PM
USFan Please explain how an uneducated band full of drug addicts who have never fought in the military or contributed anything worthwhile to society attacking a government's policy in the middle of a war is righteous?

This is especially perplexing after the band's homeland was attacked by terrorists a little over a month ago, why didn't they write a song about that?
August 10th, 2005 11:04 PM
Taptrick uhhh...either you are not a Stones fan OR they have not contributed anything to society but both statements can't be true....unless you appreciate things that have no societal value.

[Edited by Taptrick]
August 11th, 2005 01:35 AM
USFan Someone's spinning...
August 11th, 2005 01:42 AM
Taptrick
no - open a mathmatical logic text book and it will make sense

August 11th, 2005 06:02 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
USFan wrote:
Someone's spinning...

troll
August 11th, 2005 06:55 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
USFan wrote:
Someone's spinning...

Yes, you. Who cares what USFan from DC is saying, anyway...

Better go listen to the sound clip for yourself!

http://novogate.com/board/968/214276-1.html
August 11th, 2005 06:59 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
USFan wrote:
Please explain how an uneducated band full of drug addicts who have never fought in the military or contributed anything worthwhile to society attacking a government's policy in the middle of a war is righteous?

Mick went to high school ....you should try too and you should turn off your Tv too!!
August 11th, 2005 07:08 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Mick went to high school ....you should try too and you should turn off your Tv too!!

Yup! And to college. Though it's a good thing he dropped off after two years to become a professionnal musician, or we wouldn't be talking about the Stones today!
August 11th, 2005 07:10 AM
Poplar
Mick's as well-read as they come. Big on the religion and history, he is.
August 11th, 2005 10:52 AM
dkmonroe I really don't care about this song one way or another, but I do think Mick's denial here is disingenuous. He oughta just say, "Hey, it's my song, it's my opinion, no apology necessary." I think THAT would win a lot more respect, even from conservative Stones fans like me, than trying to backpedal.

JMO
August 11th, 2005 11:03 AM
Fadeout_Freedom STONES, BUSH RECONCILED
(August 11, 2009)

Former US President George W Bush and the Rolling Stones have recently emegerged from the studio and are about to embark on a world tour in support of their latest album, "My Pet Goats Head Soup".

Bush has assumed the role of front man while Jagger has been relegated to harmonica and tambourine for the album and tour.

Track listing for the new album:

The Under Handed Right Wing Promo Man
Blue Turns to Red
Yesterday's Memos
Cool, Calm & Disconnected
2001 Man
Can't You Hear Me Choking
You Can't Mock Me
Condie Oh Baby / Crazy Mama (medley)
Lies
All About 911
No Use In Voting
Dad Dad Dad
Rove is Strong
Anybody Seen bin Laden?
Might as Well Get Jeb
August 11th, 2005 11:07 AM
USFan This story won't go away - front page of CNN.com right now.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)