ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Craig... you rock!!
A Bigger Bang Tour Warm-up gig
©`Craig Martin from Classic Albums Live Toronto
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I'm going to the Phoenix !!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 10th, 2005 09:49 AM
Mr Jimmy I just got home after lining up for 23 hours... there I was, standing seventh in line. Got my wristband and ticket. I am so excited I can't type... erect body parts are now officially uncontrollable. I hope that I can manage to catch some sleep before I head back for the show... doors open at 7:30.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
August 10th, 2005 09:53 AM
Nellcote And you deserve it!
Glad to hear of your good fortune, thanks for all the photos during this great time.
Have a Wicked Pissa time!
August 10th, 2005 09:53 AM
nankerphelge Congrats -- your reports and pix were great -- you deserve a great show!
August 10th, 2005 10:02 AM
Saint Sway I'm TO bound friends.

just found out that I "most likely" have a ticket waiting for me

no guarantees.... but I gotta go for it!!!

I'm off!
August 10th, 2005 10:03 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Mr Jimmy wrote:
I just got home after lining up for 23 hours... there I was, standing seventh in line. Got my wristband and ticket. I am so excited I can't type... erect body parts are now officially uncontrollable. I hope that I can manage to catch some sleep before I head back for the show... doors open at 7:30.

Yeeaahh!!! I'm so happy for you, Mr Jimmy! Get a little well-earned rest before the show and borrow joey's body parts to type us a review afterwards!

RocksOff Powah! ! !
August 10th, 2005 10:16 AM
Jumacfly You Deserve it Mr Jimmy!
enjoy the show!!

Ju
August 10th, 2005 10:33 AM
Joey
quote:
Mr Jimmy wrote:
I just got home after lining up for 23 hours... there I was, standing seventh in line. Got my wristband and ticket. I am so excited I can't type... erect body parts are now officially uncontrollable. I hope that I can manage to catch some sleep before I head back for the show... doors open at 7:30.

Congratulations Mr. Jimmy .......................

Please feel free to type with your penis .

J. Fly !
August 10th, 2005 10:34 AM
LeedsLungs71 Have a great time at the show. Make sure you give us poor unfortunate souls a full report!!

mark
August 10th, 2005 11:31 AM
luxury1 good on ya Mr .Jimmy!!

good luck Saint Sway
August 10th, 2005 11:33 AM
Madafaka You deserve it Mr Jimmy! Congrats!
August 10th, 2005 11:56 AM
mac_daddy congrats mr jimmy.

that pic should be the header today

oh, and good luck, saint sway.

August 10th, 2005 12:08 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
congrats mr jimmy.

that pic should be the header today

oh, and good luck, saint sway.

Second the motion! Both motions!
August 10th, 2005 12:10 PM
monkey_man Congrats!! Have a great show!
August 10th, 2005 04:19 PM
gorda
quote:
Mr Jimmy wrote:

Okay, I have a question. How are you going to take a shower with that wristband? Will it tear if you get it wet?
August 10th, 2005 04:21 PM
Angiegirl Nope, it's plastic-like stuff, quite good, same as with most other club shows.
August 10th, 2005 04:22 PM
ListenToTheLion Have a great shower!
August 10th, 2005 04:23 PM
Lazy Bones Great news, Mr. J!

Full report when you get home! Enjoy!
August 10th, 2005 04:24 PM
Joey
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
Have a great shower!

Yes , and please feel free to ' Soap the Crack ' whilst wearing said wristband .
August 10th, 2005 04:26 PM
wisertime Enjoy !!
My god, these guys will attend the best show of the tour (club shows are the best) for 10 $. That's a great bargain.
There's no word when you know you'll attend a Stones club show. I remember when I knew I had a ticket for Olympia gig in Paris '03, impossible to sleep...
August 10th, 2005 04:51 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
wisertime wrote:
My god, these guys will attend the best show of the tour

No, warm-up shows are never their best shows. They are amongst the most special shows however. But musically they aren't very good usually, just listen to Palais Royale from '02, disgraceful renditions of most songs. But aside from that, it is very special to be there and see them, lucky people nonetheless!
August 10th, 2005 04:54 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Nope, it's plastic-like stuff, quite good, same as with most other club shows.

in europe, the US had other bands, the same as the EURO stadium shows
August 10th, 2005 04:56 PM
Mr Jimmy Thanks to all for the warm wishes!

A few hours sleep, "a little bleary..." & all funky things soaped. I'm leaving now to line up once again but this time in the rain!

Perhaps I'll get to meet Tom L and best of luck to saint sway... hope to see you there.

Adrenaline is kicking in... the same feeling as '94 when I got into RPM.

I'm really looking forward to the first public performance of Rough Justice.

Oh this is gonna rock, and more importantly, it's gonna ROLL.

See ya tomorrow!
August 10th, 2005 05:04 PM
Moonisup have fun! and a fucking great time!
August 10th, 2005 05:17 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
have fun! and a fucking great time!

Why fucking?
August 10th, 2005 05:20 PM
Moonisup
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

Why fucking?

no don't fuck me, not in my arse,

zgn. grappig figuur
August 10th, 2005 05:21 PM
Joey "Thanks to all for the warm wishes!

A few hours sleep, "a little bleary..." & all funky things soaped. I'm leaving now to line up once again but this time in the rain! "

Enjoy ....................................

Please provide a full report tomorrow morning

August 10th, 2005 05:33 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:
"Thanks to all for the warm wishes!

A few hours sleep, "a little bleary..." & all funky things soaped. I'm leaving now to line up once again but this time in the rain! "

Enjoy ....................................

Please provide a full report tomorrow morning

I am very happy for those in the show! I hear there were many transients in line for scalpers...anyone know if they received tickets?
August 10th, 2005 06:21 PM
Gazza Delighted for Mr Jimmy, Saint Sway and all other genuine fans who got in....

You deserve it guys. Have the time of your lives. You'll never forget it.
August 10th, 2005 06:24 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Delighted for Mr Jimmy, Saint Sway and all other genuine fans who got in....

You deserve it guys. Have the time of your lives. You'll never forget it.

are you gonna stay awake gary
August 10th, 2005 06:26 PM
monkey_man I remember not being able to sleep right for 2 days before going to the Roseland gig. . .maybe it was from all that . . um. . .err . . . partying. Have a blast!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)