ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Craig... you rock!!
A Bigger Bang Tour Warm-up gig
©`Craig Martin from Classic Albums Live Toronto
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Worst Album Covers Return to archive
August 10th, 2005 08:29 AM
Too Tough I say Bridges To Babylon, Goats Head Soup and Still Life...uhh, I shudder.
August 10th, 2005 08:31 AM
Jair Steel Wheels is awful too.
August 10th, 2005 08:33 AM
Egbert
quote:
Too Tough wrote:
I say Bridges To Babylon, Goats Head Soup and Still Life...uhh, I shudder.

Agreed. Also Undercover, Voodoo Lounge, No Security, and the worst of the worst: Dirty Work.
August 10th, 2005 08:35 AM
Jumacfly Flashpoint!
August 10th, 2005 08:36 AM
Jumacfly and Goats head soup too...
August 10th, 2005 08:48 AM
ResidentMule A Bigger Bang
August 10th, 2005 11:44 AM
J.J.Flash Emotional Rescue, although the album is killer, killer guitar work......

Black Sabbath's "Born Again" featuring Ian Gillan has one of the ugliest cover I've ever seen
August 10th, 2005 11:53 AM
thejuf bridges to babylon and dirty work
August 10th, 2005 12:06 PM
Monkey Woman Steel Wheels, Voodoo Lounge, hmmm, No Security... Oh, yes, Jump Back!
August 10th, 2005 12:26 PM
The Wick Will it ever get worse than Flashpoint or No Security? Everyone hates Steel Wheels for some reason, but I actually thought it was somewhat interesting.
August 10th, 2005 12:49 PM
Monkey Woman Steel Wheels looks just like a piece of Windows 95 wallpaper, IMO. But I admit I like Flashpoint, maybe perversely...
August 10th, 2005 12:53 PM
ResidentMule how many album covers do the Stones have that are actually good?
August 10th, 2005 12:54 PM
Joey
Dirty Work
August 10th, 2005 01:19 PM
keithriffhard Beggars Banquet, Exile, Sticky Fingers are all classics, Between the buttons is a great photo
August 10th, 2005 07:19 PM
Soldatti Dirty Work
August 10th, 2005 08:05 PM
The Volitan The one where they're all wearing pastel colored, Miami Vice-esque clothes.
August 10th, 2005 08:24 PM
Gazza Pretty much any live album since 1970 apart from Stripped

Worst of the lot was No Security. I scratch myself when I look at that pair. They should have done what John & Yoko were obliged to do when Two Virgins came out and sell it in a paper bag. And the Live Licks cover was censored and THIS wasnt!

Pretty much every Stones album cover up to the late 70's was excellent. Almost all of them since have been hideous. Most of the post-1971 compilations have been crap too.

The end of the vinyl era has a lot to answer for when it comes to the quality of album covers. Doesnt seem to matter anymore.

That said, I like the cover for the new album. The best ones tend to be the simple photos of the band members (plus most artistic variations of the same a la Exile, IORR, Some Girls etc)...the worst tend to be the wanky pointless ones like Flashpoint, Steel Wheels and the like. I liked BTB OK.
August 10th, 2005 08:29 PM
Riffhard Well I don't know,but this one just reeks machismo. Emphasis on "MO".

Riffhard
August 10th, 2005 08:32 PM
parmeda Jesus, Riffy!

I almost spit out the coffee...

Don't do that, lmao
August 11th, 2005 03:31 AM
glencar Steel Wheels
August 11th, 2005 03:32 AM
glencar But ain't none worse than that Orleans cover. What a posse of losers.
August 11th, 2005 07:55 AM
wisertime No Security cover is great for me, I love it. It could be a bootleg cover..
Exile and B2B are the worst for me
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)