ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Craig... you rock!!
A Bigger Bang Tour Warm-up gig
©`Craig Martin from Classic Albums Live Toronto
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "A Bigger Bang" a great album, best in years Return to archive
August 10th, 2005 12:52 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Since that thread is a li'l bit spoiled and the review starts in the fifth page, this is a link to go directly to my first review (see at the bottom for a special suprise)

HERE

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
August 10th, 2005 06:09 AM
Gimme Shelter I cannot wait until Sept. 6th!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 10th, 2005 07:10 AM
LadyJane I have goosebumps over my entire body.....this is a review I TRUST.

Thanks Voodoo!!

Bring on A Bigger Bang!!!

LJ.
August 10th, 2005 07:29 AM
Maxlugar I trust you Voodoo so I know this is a good one.

This sounds like something a Sweet Neo-Con like me could sink their teeth into!

YES!!!!!

STONES AS STONES!!!
August 10th, 2005 09:01 AM
StonesChick Do the songs flow together with the same sort of sound, or do they sound totally different? Tell us more!!
August 10th, 2005 09:04 AM
time is on my side Hey VOODOO

THANKS FOR THE REVIEW!!!!

From all reports, it sounds like an interesting release. Their best since TATTOO YOU?????

Looking forward to listening to it myself as are ALL STONES FANS. Can't Wait (isn't that the name of a Dylan song)

These are exciting times to be a STONES FAN
August 10th, 2005 10:32 AM
Nasty Habits Thanks, Voodoo!

You make the company proud!
August 10th, 2005 11:50 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks boss, you frigging "rool" the school not me

Do I have a promotion or a salry increase for this boss?

August 10th, 2005 11:56 AM
USFan Is anyone else pissed off that the Stones are breaking their long tradition of not getting involved in U.S. politics? A lot of fans hate being preached to by uneducated music stars or actors and I can't believe Mick would descend into this boring foray. That 'Vote For Change' sham really hurt Bruce Springsteen and other acts...I'm very surprised the Stones would pull this crap this late in their career and after staying mostly silent during a much more controversial and bloody war in Vietnam.
August 10th, 2005 12:02 PM
Trey Krimsin We still have to wait three weeks? Voodoo, thanks to your review, I'm now more anxious to get this album and playing it really loud. Thanks for the review.
August 10th, 2005 12:04 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
USFan wrote:
Is anyone else pissed off that the Stones are breaking their long tradition of not getting involved in U.S. politics? A lot of fans hate being preached to by uneducated music stars or actors and I can't believe Mick would descend into this boring foray. That 'Vote For Change' sham really hurt Bruce Springsteen and other acts...I'm very surprised the Stones would pull this crap this late in their career and after staying mostly silent during a much more controversial and bloody war in Vietnam.

Is there anyone else annoyed by this sudden blooming of trolls?

To hear that kind of whining, you would swear that side lost the election...
August 10th, 2005 02:33 PM
prism I think only a small minority will be disturbed about the Stones' political song. Bush's poll ratings are worse than Nixon's. Highwire had similar political content and Bush's father was voted out. Maybe the new song will help oust the ruling party in the 2006 elections of congressmen and senators.
August 10th, 2005 02:47 PM
Poplar
quote:
StonesChick wrote:
Do the songs flow together with the same sort of sound, or do they sound totally different? Tell us more!!

Hey Voodoo, answer the lady's question. Your failure to do so is jeopardizing that raise.

August 10th, 2005 02:59 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The balance and order is perfect, see this http://novogate.com/board/968/214104-5.html
August 10th, 2005 03:05 PM
Maxlugar [quote]VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
The balance and order is perfect, see this http://novogate.com/board/968/214104-5.html

Hey Voodoo does it list who plays who on each track. I'm wondering if Mick really does play bass on anything.

August 10th, 2005 03:22 PM
Joey

The Album : BEST STONES YET !!!!!!!

The Tour : ( Detroit ) --- WIDE OPEN :

August 10th, 2005 06:48 PM
Some Guy tell me more.
August 10th, 2005 08:43 PM
chevysales
quote:
USFan wrote:
Is anyone else pissed off that the Stones are breaking their long tradition of not getting involved in U.S. politics? A lot of fans hate being preached to by uneducated music stars or actors and I can't believe Mick would descend into this boring foray. That 'Vote For Change' sham really hurt Bruce Springsteen and other acts...I'm very surprised the Stones would pull this crap this late in their career and after staying mostly silent during a much more controversial and bloody war in Vietnam.

yes i am.

bad enough bruce does his bullshit rant at each show...i go to be entertained musically not politically.

but based on the bs/ridiculous prices that has come with this tour i don't put anything past the stones now.and i doubt any of them can vote here to begin with. maybe they should have written a song against tony blair instead.
August 10th, 2005 09:05 PM
Gazza
quote:
USFan wrote:
Is anyone else pissed off that the Stones are breaking their long tradition of not getting involved in U.S. politics?

Oh No, Not You Again...

Personally, I think most people find the fuss over it risible

And - aside from whether you approve of the song or not - surely its a comment on the US' foreign politics too...which er, DOES affect everyone. If it was merely regarding domestic politics, then you'd have a reasonable point...

-
> A lot of fans hate being preached to by uneducated music stars or actors and I can't believe Mick would descend into this boring foray.

"A lot of fans" dont consider it 'preaching' but someone commenting on the world around him as he has done in the past (Street Fighting Man/Undercover/High Wire/Blinded By rainbows, etc) . Its called free speech. Whats your definition of 'uneducated'? I'd say Mick Jagger is probably better educated and aware than you are or most of us are. Being a celebrity and being relatively informed arent mutually exclusive. Plenty of posters from various political shades on here consider themselves clued in and beyond reproach politically. So its ok for them to have an opinion but not someone simply because they 'happen' to be famous? Your definition of 'uneducated' seems to be 'doesnt believe what I believe'.

> That 'Vote For Change' sham really hurt Bruce Springsteen and other acts

yeah...it sure did. That number 1 platinum album that he put out six months later was a commercial disaster wasnt it. And REM's tour has sold by the shitload. What a catastrophe...

>...I'm very surprised the Stones would pull this crap this late in their career and after staying mostly silent during a much more controversial and bloody war in Vietnam.

What do you think Mick was doing on the march to the US embassy in London in spring 1968? Yeah, I forgot - he was going out for the Sunday papers and a bottle of milk and just happened to get caught up in an anti-war demonstration.

What a tiresome pile of shite..
[Edited by Gazza]
August 10th, 2005 09:37 PM
Sir Stonesalot I hear its the best studio album from the Stones in the past 8 years.

Tee hee.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)