ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Craig... you rock!!
A Bigger Bang Tour Warm-up gig
©`Craig Martin from Classic Albums Live Toronto
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A Bigger Bang up 52 spots at Amazon today to #23 Return to archive
August 9th, 2005 09:46 PM
Poison Dart A Bigger Bang moved up 52 spots on the album chart today to #23 nearly a full month before it's release. This is a very bullish sign that A Bigger Bang is going to open strong.

Traditionaly this has been a great indicator as to how an album will debut on Billboard.

At the other end of the spectrum is Paul McCartney's Chaos and Creation which at #594 (Macca did move up almost 200 spots in the last couple of days)is not getting the same type of buzz the Stones are. To be fair McCartney's album does come out a week or two after the Stones.

Perhaps all the attention Neocon got in the media today actually helped the record?

[Edited by Poison Dart]
August 9th, 2005 10:45 PM
Soldatti All the Stones catalog is on rise in Amazon:
#21 A Bigger Bang
#89 Forty Licks
#769 Exile
#930 Let It Bleed
#934 Sticky Fingers

Jump Back is still on the Billboard 200 after 49 weeks, a popular compilation in stores.
August 9th, 2005 11:22 PM
Poison Dart A Bigger Bang has just moved into the top 20. It's sitting at #16.

Clearly the publicity from Sweet Neocon is drawing people to the album (at least in the short run)

This gives hope to those of us hoping to see the Stones debut at number one in Billboard.
[Edited by Poison Dart]
August 9th, 2005 11:24 PM
glencar Those don't necessarily correspond but I hope it starts off at #1. I have pre-ordered it for $10.99 or so.
August 10th, 2005 10:17 AM
gimmekeef If it does get #1 (and thats a stretch imho)then wont they be the first band to ever have number one's in 5 consecutive decades?....or did Jacko get started in late 60's?
August 10th, 2005 10:29 AM
Monkey Woman Rank now #14. I hope they make more "marketing mistakes" like that...
August 10th, 2005 10:35 AM
jb WE have not had a #1 album since Tatoo YOu and this will lose out to Kayne West or some other hip-hop artist.
August 10th, 2005 10:43 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
WE have not had a #1 album since Tatoo YOu and this will lose out to Kayne West or some other hip-hop artist.

You are correct Sir ! ( In Ed McMahon voice ) .
August 10th, 2005 10:45 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
jb wrote:
WE have not had a #1 album since Tatoo YOu and this will lose out to Kayne West or some other hip-hop artist.

jb you're no doubt spot on here.....isnt 50 cents coming out the same day with a compilation album and dvd.?...christ the scary thing is is that i know this....GEEEEZZZZZ
August 10th, 2005 11:43 AM
lucasd4 What do you mean WE?? You shouldn't even care how well the new album does....You hate every album they've done since TATTOO YOU anyway...you won't even listen to Rough Justice or Back of My Hand because you hate Streets of Love so much....

quote:
jb wrote:

August 10th, 2005 11:47 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
lucasd4 wrote:
you won't even listen to Rough Justice or Back of My Hand because you hate Streets of Love so much....

WHY? WHY?? WHY???

If jb's boycotting RJ or BOMH, he's been punishing himself terribly. Yessir!

Shiver.....

[Edited by Monkey Woman]
August 10th, 2005 12:01 PM
USFan I fully planned to buy this CD until I heard about Sweet Neo Con. In fact, I was extremely excited after hearing Rough Justice because it seems like the Stones' best raw recording in years. Now, I won't be buying the CD, I will burn from friends. They just lost my business for trying to preach politics at me. Mick Jagger has the education of a 10th grader and he's going to lecture me on world issues? No way.
August 10th, 2005 12:02 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
USFan wrote:
I fully planned to buy this CD until I heard about Sweet Neo Con.

Unbelievable!!! Who wants to bet that RO is under a troll attack? No takers? Right...
August 10th, 2005 01:04 PM
Monkey Woman Amazon.com sales rank #12 and counting... Will they get into the Top Ten? All bets are on!
August 10th, 2005 01:17 PM
ResidentMule
quote:
USFan wrote:
I fully planned to buy this CD until I heard about Sweet Neo Con. In fact, I was extremely excited after hearing Rough Justice because it seems like the Stones' best raw recording in years. Now, I won't be buying the CD, I will burn from friends. They just lost my business for trying to preach politics at me. Mick Jagger has the education of a 10th grader and he's going to lecture me on world issues? No way.

you're so offended that you'll have a friend burn you a copy because you want to hear the album? some boycott. well, to all the 'lost fans' out there good riddance. hope one of you bought tickets for 10/12 sec 7 seat 5 row 8 so I'll have a nice place to sit down and put my feet up when they play a song I don't like

August 10th, 2005 01:54 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
USFan wrote:
I fully planned to buy this CD until I heard about Sweet Neo Con. In fact, I was extremely excited after hearing Rough Justice because it seems like the Stones' best raw recording in years. Now, I won't be buying the CD, I will burn from friends. They just lost my business for trying to preach politics at me. Mick Jagger has the education of a 10th grader and he's going to lecture me on world issues? No way.

Why dont you just go back to watching Fox News...or are you someone they pay to fuck with our board now?You've said your piece in 3-4 threads..NOW FUCK OFF!!!
August 10th, 2005 04:54 PM
Monkey Woman They did it! Top Ten, here we go. "A Bigger Bang" (Explicit lyrics version) has reached rank #9 now in sales at Amazon.com!
August 10th, 2005 05:12 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
USFan wrote:

The greatest bullshit I ever read on this board. Your principles are as worthless as Chuck Leavell's piano playing.
August 10th, 2005 05:40 PM
Monkey Woman Don't bother, Lion! "Bigger Bang" is already #8 in music sales at Amazon.com... Still counting...
August 10th, 2005 06:39 PM
Navin Just pre-ordered from Amazon-UK: 'A Bigger Bang' (£8.99) along with the newly re-issued book 'Rock on Wood' by Terry Rawlings (£9.09)

Great! But the book might take a bit longer to arrive.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)