ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Craig... you rock!!
A Bigger Bang Tour Warm-up gig
©`Craig Martin from Classic Albums Live Toronto
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Opening Acts Blow Return to archive
August 9th, 2005 11:18 AM
The Wick Most of these opening acts fucking blow. I can't believe that a pile of shit like the Black Eyed Peas and a bunch of little pansies like Maroon 5 will share the same stage as the Stones. It's a fucking disgrace. Let's just hope we don't get Dustbin Timberfake again, that would be the bloody end for us all.
August 9th, 2005 11:51 AM
gimmekeef I'm sure Cohl is just trying to sell more beer.Heck I'm going to Toronto first and they said Beck is playing.Well of course I figure its Jeff Beck Right?...Well theres a little blonde shit instead...More beer for me then!!!!
August 9th, 2005 12:10 PM
Quarter Tone A lot of you are pretty intolerant of anything you don't like. I personally welcome the chance to check out a new band I've never seen before. I've never even heard of the Black Eyed Peas until they were listed as a warm up act. I would love to give them a fair chance without somebody who thinks they know good from bad ripping them to shreds before they even walk on stage.

I was never a big fan of the Red Hot Chili Peppers until I saw them open in '94. If I had listened to some of you, I might have waited in the parking lot and missed them all together. Same holds true with George Thoroghgood in '81 and Santana in '73. If you don't like metallica or the Black Eye somethings, wait in the parking lot, but don't ruin my experience while I try to check them out.
August 9th, 2005 12:14 PM
The Wick Quarter Tone, what are you on about? I have heard the Black Eyed Peas and they are fucking awful. Nobody is dictating anything to anyone. This is about opinions and you can listen to whatever the hell you want. You'll see when you go, the Black Eyed Peas are fucking rank.
August 9th, 2005 12:15 PM
jb eSPECIALY FOR OPENER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 9th, 2005 02:14 PM
ListenToTheLion Maybe they should ask Joe Cocker
August 9th, 2005 02:15 PM
jb
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
Maybe they should ask Joe Cocker

Pauly Shore?
August 9th, 2005 02:19 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
jb wrote:

Pauly Shore?

Why not? He has a beautiful girlfriend!

August 9th, 2005 03:09 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
I'm sure Cohl is just trying to sell more beer.Heck I'm going to Toronto first and they said Beck is playing.Well of course I figure its Jeff Beck Right?...Well theres a little blonde shit instead...More beer for me then!!!!

More Beck beer, maybe?
August 9th, 2005 04:47 PM
swapwoodfortaylor That's another reason why this board is great! We can find out what time Keef is hitting the stage and avoid going early to avoid the dross that they shove on these days. Having said that they have had some magnificent warm up acts in the past...decades ago!!!
August 9th, 2005 04:50 PM
Moonisup a sad thing is that some opening acts play their chords better then KR and RW do
August 9th, 2005 04:54 PM
time is on my side Personally, I'm quite pleased with one of the opening acts. On October 15th, a band called WILCO is scheduled to open up for the SOLD OUT STONES show. I definitely plan on coming early so I can drink plenty of beers BEFORE and not during the opening act performance.
August 9th, 2005 07:52 PM
Soldatti Pretty lame opening acts for the first shows, BEP and Maroon 5. WTF?
August 10th, 2005 10:14 AM
gimmekeef I remember in 72 when they charged the outrageous price of $7.50 per ticket (no band had been over $5.00)..Stevie Wonder and Wonderlove opened...what a fuckin opener...In Detroit the Stones waited like 2 hours after he'd gone off stage ..to let the crowd cool down...Stevie kicked ass in those days...Black Eyed Fleas....yeah right!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)