ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Craig... you rock!!
A Bigger Bang Tour Warm-up gig
©`Craig Martin from Classic Albums Live Toronto
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Warm up gig is Wednesday in TO Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 9th, 2005 02:56 PM
Monkey Woman Thanks beer, much appreciated!
August 9th, 2005 07:49 PM
Soldatti Let's prepare for the boot. Will they play Neocon?
August 10th, 2005 08:37 AM
Madafaka The Rolling Stones are performing a club date on Wednesday, August 10th at the Phoenix Concert Theatre in Toronto.

Tickets go on sale Wednesday, August 10th at 8:00 AM at the Phoenix Concert Theatre Box Office at 410 Sherbourne Street. Tickets are very limited.

See below for more details.

ROLLING STONES - A BIGGER BANG!
TORONTO CLUB DATE CONFIRMED!
SPECIAL GUESTS: THE TREWS
DOORS: 7:30 PM
TREWS: 8:30 PM
STONES: 9:30 PM

REGULAR ROLLING STONES TORONTO COVER - TICKETS $10.00
1 TICKET PER PERSON - NON-TRANSFERABLE
PERSON PURCHASING TICKET WILL BE WRISTBANDED AND
NEED TO ARRIVE AT SHOW WITH TICKET & WRISTBAND INTACT.
August 10th, 2005 08:42 AM
Nellcote Give The Trews a listen, not too bad...

www.thetrewsmusic.com
August 10th, 2005 08:50 AM
mac_daddy
small place - capacity of 1100.
August 10th, 2005 09:37 AM
mac_daddy http://www.torontosun.com/News/TorontoAndGTA/2005/08/10/1166515-sun.html

Huntin' the Stones

By MATTHEW KWONG, TORONTO SUN

THE GIG is up.

Despite intense secrecy, hundreds of Rolling Stones fans queued up early this morning for a "surprise" concert at the Phoenix Concert Theatre, where, sources say, the band will perform tonight.

"The rumours are true, they'll be here. This is a pilgrimage; this is what rock and roll is all about," Monte Winston said as he waited outside 410 Sherbourne St.

The Phoenix has an 1,100-person capacity and a permanent stage, but sources said only 400 tickets would be put up for sale to fans this morning at 8 a.m. with the rest of the passes going to industry insiders and friends.

BIGGER STAGE

Sources also said the stage has been expanded to accommodate the Stones -- singer Mick Jagger, drummer Charlie Watts and guitarists Keith Richards and Ron Wood -- as well as their side musicians.

Outside the Phoenix this morning, an estimated 30 homeless people, some paid $100, were in line in a bid to buy tickets for scalpers. And the muggy weather didn't stop fans from staying up all night.

"If you're a true fan, you line up no matter what," said Dave Kruzel, who drove in from Cleveland on a friend's tip. "I made the trip, so I hope they will be here. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't true."

Internet bulletin boards were buzzing about a possible intimate Toronto club appearance, but details were so scarce that "Stoners" were sent to three different venues: Kool Haus, the Mod Club and the Phoenix.

Two sources later confirmed it would be the Phoenix. A few fans started lining up at the club at 9 a.m. yesterday. Fewer than 10 were there by noon. But by 1 a.m. this morning the number had swelled to more than 400.

Robert Winter, who had the coveted spot at the front of the line, was confident he was in the right place all along. "This is where their equipment is," he said.

Brenda Hilt, the president of the Stones Toronto fan club, was certain about the venue once she spotted Stones tour boss Michael Cohl's son.

Yesterday morning, vans pulled up to the Phoenix to deliver beverages, presumably for the crew. Later, trucks drove up the northside alley to roll out sound equipment.

Security guards were also there, as well as official-looking types wearing Stones T-shirts and laminated passes.

Some 50 loyal fans awaiting the boys outside Greenwood College school where the band has been rehearsing since mid-July were given a wristband and a ticket.

Stones promoter Cohl oversaw the giveaway.

Still, some fans worried about a possible "Filmore '99" repeat.

The band has been known to cancel surprise gigs if venue information leaks to the media 24 hours before a show. The Stones cut their concert at San Francisco's Filmore in 1999 after such an incident.

"But I'm not worried about that," Winston said. "We're beyond that 24-hour period now. We're safe."

Niagara Falls-based rockers The Trews are to open the show.
August 10th, 2005 03:02 PM
beer On Shidoobee some are saying tonights show will be broadcast live here:

http://www.q107.com/

I called the radio station and they confirmed it.

-

August 10th, 2005 03:25 PM
Joey
quote:
beer wrote:
On Shidoobee some are saying tonights show will be broadcast live here:

-

!!!!!!!!

Also Confirmed :

http://www.red1blue7.1colony.com/about.html

[Edited by Joey]
August 10th, 2005 03:26 PM
monkey_man I haven't been that excited about this tour but this opening night gig is getting me stoked!
August 10th, 2005 03:31 PM
nankerphelge That's the Tingle!
August 10th, 2005 03:41 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
That's the Tingle!

********* END TRANSMISION ***********
August 10th, 2005 04:19 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
beer wrote:
On Shidoobee some are saying tonights show will be broadcast live here:

-

Anyway the station is playing Stones numbers all the time. SOL was just on. Plus they are giving away tickets to people who bring in Stones vinyl...
August 10th, 2005 04:20 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Give The Trews a listen, not too bad...

www.thetrewsmusic.com

They are a very good band. Saw them open for Big Sugar many times. They are also opening for Robert Plant's end-of-summer Canadian tour.
August 10th, 2005 04:56 PM
ListenToTheLion They just said on air they're going broadcast the show...
August 10th, 2005 05:03 PM
Moonisup
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
They just said on air they're going broadcast the show...

the whole?
August 10th, 2005 05:04 PM
beer When I called the radio station I asked if the whole show was going to be broadcast live and the lady said "As far as I know, yes."

-
August 10th, 2005 05:14 PM
voodoopug
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
They just said on air they're going broadcast the show...

I keep hearing they will have live stones at 930...i fear this means they will play Flashpoint or Ya ya's
August 10th, 2005 05:15 PM
ListenToTheLion They just said Mick Jagger is the one who must give his final permission. So it's not for sure I guess.
August 10th, 2005 05:24 PM
Monkey Woman Go on, Mick, do it! It's going to be bootlegged anyway...
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)