ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Craig... you rock!!
A Bigger Bang Tour Warm-up gig
©`Craig Martin from Classic Albums Live Toronto
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Warm up gig is Wednesday in TO Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 9th, 2005 08:33 AM
T&A Stones set to play T.O. club gig

By JOE WARMINGTON -- Toronto Sun

British rockers The Rolling Stones, from left, Charlie Watts, Keith Richards, Mick Jagger and Ron Wood, are in Toronto rehearsing and are set to play tomorrow night.
Start them up and start lining up.

Legendary British rock band The Rolling Stones is set to hit the stage at a downtown Toronto nightspot tomorrow night.

Sources tell the Toronto Sun the gig is a "thank you" to what Mick Jagger has called "our favourite city" and the band's home away from home.

The Stones have been here this summer rehearsing for their upcoming tour, which starts in two weeks at Fenway Park in Boston and hits Toronto Sept. 26 at the Rogers Centre.

That has Stones' fans hyper-speculating because, based on past practice, they're overdue to play one of their now-legendary surprise club gigs in Toronto.

"There have been three places in the running," a source said.

However, the source added that tomorrow night's show is, at this time, scheduled for the Phoenix on Sherbourne St. However, other venues including the Mod Club and the Kool Haus are also options should there be a decision to change.

"I figure the show will start around 8 p.m.," the source said.

A call to the Phoenix was received with shock.

"I have no idea what you are talking about," said a staffer. "If such a concert is happening, they have not told the staff."

Another insider said a decision on where the Stones play is customarily made on the afternoon of the outing, but the band is revved up to perform tomorrow night.

"The tickets will be first-come, first-serve and a small cover charge at the door."

The three times that the Stones previously have warmed up for a world tour in Toronto, they played an intimate, next-to-impossible-to-score-a-ticket-to club show here approximately two weeks before the tour's first concert:

On Tuesday, July 19, 1994 the Stones played at RPM (now the Kool Haus), 13 days before the tour launch.

On Thursday, Sept. 4, 1997 they rocked the Horseshoe, 19 days before the tour launch.

On Friday, Aug. 16, 2002 they ripped the Palais Royale, 18 days before the tour launch.
A Bigger Bang, is due to hit record stores Sept. 6.

August 9th, 2005 08:42 AM
Maxlugar Roll tape!

Thanks T&A.

Macky loves you!

August 9th, 2005 08:52 AM
gimmekeef So how we gonna get the mp3's up by Thursday?!!!!!!!!!
August 9th, 2005 09:12 AM
Joey

I'm now so excited that I am typing this with my penis
August 9th, 2005 09:30 AM
Monkey Woman Woooyeah!!! I hope our friend Mr Jimmy will be there, he deserves it for bringing us great pics from rehearsals!
August 9th, 2005 09:46 AM
Flairville So cool! If it's tomorrow night I'm gonna be up all night waiting for news on the gig!
If anyone here's going I'm so jealous, I'd sell my mother to go!
August 9th, 2005 09:46 AM
J.J.Flash Jay has been secretely wondering WHY these warm-up clug gigs NEVER take place at São Paulo....... NEVER.....

Developing....

Sniff!
August 9th, 2005 09:54 AM
Madafaka Yeeeeeeessssssssssss!
Please Toronto people, turn on your minidisc recorders!
August 9th, 2005 10:07 AM
Flairville I think the time has come for everyone to become familiar with the bit torrent system, I'm gonna try and get my head around it tonight!
August 9th, 2005 10:11 AM
Stray Cat UK We've left it too late!
August 9th, 2005 10:15 AM
voodoopug I was just told that if you want any chance to get into the gig....head towards Toronto right now! you will need to be there this evening.
August 9th, 2005 10:28 AM
Gazza
quote:
Joey wrote:

I'm now so excited that I am typing this with my penis

my nipples are exploding with delight!!
August 9th, 2005 10:58 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
I was just told that if you want any chance to get into the gig....head towards Toronto right now! you will need to be there this evening.

really??

shocking!

thanks for the "inside" scoop Jackson

:yawn: :again:
your "source" posts humor me. They are all utterly and amazingly, useless.

August 9th, 2005 11:10 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

really??

shocking!

thanks for the "inside" scoop Jackson

:yawn: :again:
your "source" posts humor me. They are all utterly and amazingly, useless.

My source tells me that you will not receive a handshake from me, and that is sad, as I am a Crowes fan too!
August 9th, 2005 11:13 AM
jb iT'S TRUE!!!! dOUG MENTIONED A RUMORED giG TO BE ANNOUNCED TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 9th, 2005 11:16 AM
Monkey Woman I'm so excited I'm typing this with Joey's nipples!
August 9th, 2005 11:21 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

My source tells me that you will not receive a handshake from me, and that is sad, as I am a Crowes fan too!

uh... yeah.. . I know I've seen your "source" posts on the Crowes board.

handshakes are for Beatle fans

We're Crowes fans... we'll smoke a j together before the gig

cheers
August 9th, 2005 11:53 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

uh... yeah.. . I know I've seen your "source" posts on the Crowes board.

handshakes are for Beatle fans

We're Crowes fans... we'll smoke a j together before the gig

cheers

As a parent, i set an example for my children and thus do not partake in controlled substance use. Enjoy one for me. Handshakes are for gentlemen. I only hope that if you have children or one day plan to, that you sheild them from drug abuse.
August 9th, 2005 12:13 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

As a parent, i set an example for my children and thus do not partake in controlled substance use. Enjoy one for me. Handshakes are for gentlemen. I only hope that if you have children or one day plan to, that you sheild them from drug abuse.

Don't smoke...look at Peter jennings!!!!!!!!!!!
August 9th, 2005 12:42 PM
keithriffhard he was talking about marijuana guys, and I'm sure it was a joke
August 9th, 2005 02:20 PM
voodoopug
quote:
keithriffhard wrote:
he was talking about marijuana guys, and I'm sure it was a joke

you are very wise, I would hope that folks would not enjoy their drug addictions in front of their children.
August 9th, 2005 02:23 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

you are very wise, I would hope that folks would not enjoy their drug addictions in front of their children.

Be cool, stay in school"..just say no.................to SOL!!!
August 9th, 2005 02:24 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Be cool, stay in school"..just say no.................to SOL!!!

...........and Detroit ( 1 / 94th sold )
August 9th, 2005 02:25 PM
beer The Streets Of Love are a breeding ground for STD's!

Is the club gig tonight??

-
August 9th, 2005 02:26 PM
jb
quote:
beer wrote:
The Streets Of Love are a breeding ground for STD's!

Is the club gig tonight??

-

The SOL are lined with poop!!!
August 9th, 2005 02:27 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

The SOL are lined with poop!!!

******** IMMEDIATE END TO TRANSMISSION *****************
August 9th, 2005 02:33 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

******** IMMEDIATE END TO TRANSMISSION *****************

You are truly the "King of Comedy".............
August 9th, 2005 02:36 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

You are truly the "King of Comedy".............

" I Did Not Know that ......... !!!! " ( In Johnny Carson voice )

....." Did YOU know that Ed ?!?! "

YESSIR !!!!!

" Ho ! .. Ho ! ... Ho ! " ( In Ed McMahon voice )

Flack C.!

[ Edited by Steelie ( Babe Varietal )
[Edited by Joey]
August 9th, 2005 02:41 PM
Monkey Woman I need to figure out how to get into Torrent downloads too... Salivating, salivating... And it's not even taped yet...
August 9th, 2005 02:49 PM
beer
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
I need to figure out how to get into Torrent downloads too... Salivating, salivating... And it's not even taped yet...

Better hurry up and figure it out. Type "Bit Torrent FAQ" into a search engine. You can find step by step info on how to get started. It's cool!

-
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)