ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Craig... you rock!!
A Bigger Bang Tour Warm-up gig
©`Craig Martin from Classic Albums Live Toronto
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Charlie and his drumming Return to archive
August 8th, 2005 02:24 PM
star star yep, he's the laid-back, coolest drummer you will ever see, but what do people think of his skills? great timekeeper and great fills is what i reckon......
August 8th, 2005 02:28 PM
lotsajizz Moon Bruford Copeland Watts Baker Dunbar Bonham Tutt

Charlie's right up there
August 8th, 2005 02:36 PM
CraigP He's an excellent drummer. Would never be the same without him... I just wish he'd smash the symbols at some points, make it more exciting.
August 8th, 2005 03:06 PM
Saint Sway Charlie Watts is God.

Flawless. Immaculate. Omnipotent. All powerful. Perfect.

we are blessed to be in his prescence and bask in his glow.
August 8th, 2005 03:38 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
CraigP wrote:
He's an excellent drummer. Would never be the same without him... I just wish he'd smash the symbols at some points, make it more exciting.

Watch the 4Flicks MSG show during Rambler...He's bashing the cymbals with pure joy!!!!!!!!....Wonderful moment..He's so tired he's just hangin on...but what a job he does...Magnificent as always!..No Charlie=No Stones...
August 8th, 2005 04:02 PM
CraigP I did about 3 times this week... He is incredible indeed. A dude who looks like a grandpa that can hold up a band like that is priceless.
[Edited by CraigP]
August 8th, 2005 04:14 PM
thejuf
August 8th, 2005 05:10 PM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Charlie Watts is God.

Flawless. Immaculate. Omnipotent. All powerful. Perfect.

we are blessed to be in his prescence and bask in his glow.

Amen .

I would like to caress your kneecaps
August 9th, 2005 07:41 AM
luxury1 I like the way he swings--you can hear it live, especially. A touch of a jazz drummer with that swing.
August 9th, 2005 07:57 AM
corgi37 When i saw him in 2003, i could not believe how hard he hits, or how much he just simply LOVES to play the drums. It's infectious to watch him.

And thank God he doesnt do any tacky solos.
August 9th, 2005 08:07 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Ronnie once said that "Charlie is the engine, we dont go anywhere without the engine"

That sums it all up really. He is a great drummer who has come up with some great drum beats. The way he holds his sticks is like no other rock and roll drummer and he has earned himself the most respect from musicicans and fans alike
August 9th, 2005 12:14 PM
thejuf Hear, hear!
August 9th, 2005 07:45 PM
Soldatti He's playing better each new tour, he's on top of his game now.
August 9th, 2005 07:52 PM
kath he's amazing. i love it when he has to stand up to give it that extra POW at the end of a song!!! there's nobody like charlie!
August 10th, 2005 10:18 AM
Navin
Three Weddings and a Funeral...With the Stones, it becomes Three Funerals (Mick/Keef/Woody) and one Wedding (Charlie)

He has always provided the perfect counterbalance to the other "disobedient" three on the frontline.

Joe Strummer (from MTV Rocumentary)
"...There's an old rock 'n' roll saying. I don't know how true it is but it says: A group is only as good as their drummer or a group can only be as good as the drummer..."
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)