ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Craig... you rock!!
A Bigger Bang Tour Warm-up gig
©`Craig Martin from Classic Albums Live Toronto
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones Videos Return to archive
August 8th, 2005 09:44 AM
Voodoo Scrounge In my opinion Love is Strong is the best Rolling Stones video. I find it very strange that considering that the stones are sinonimous with great tune, huge albums and great tours, they are not as famous for great videos. Anybody seen my baby is a godd one too
August 8th, 2005 10:06 AM
Gazza actually I think they ARE synonymous with great and technologically ground-breaking videos

so many of their promo videos were ahead of their time, cutting edge or quite daring at the time, e.g.

have you seen your mother baby
we love you
Jumpin Jack Flash
IORR
Emotional rescue (despite the fact its actually not that great a vid, its still quite original)
Undercover
Too much blood
Love is strong
Like a rolling stone (now you know where robbie williams got the 'morphing' idea for 'old before I die' from)
Anybody seen my baby

I've always been a sucker for the 'New York' videos myself, such as LIS, ABSB, Waiting on a friend

My favourite band and my favourite city are a great combination
August 8th, 2005 10:13 AM
gimmekeef Well considering most if not all of their classics were released before the MTV video boom its not all that surprising.Imagine what a Midnight Rambler video might have looked like?..For me I'm still LMAO at Undercover where Mick is Charlie Chan...and Keith cruises by at the end hangin out the side of an armored vehicle!!!!!
August 8th, 2005 10:13 AM
Jair ASMB is my fave, also because Angie Jolie. Then I like Love is Strong, LARS...
They should think first in girls when make a new video. The next could be with Scarlett Johansson or Kirsten Dusnt, both great.

Women are everything when you do a Stones video.
August 8th, 2005 10:14 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Yeah I do agree nthat they trode some new ground with videos. But I wouldnt class many of their videos as great. Would you. By the way, I love waiting on a friend too
August 8th, 2005 10:27 AM
Gazza
quote:
Jair wrote:
ASMB is my fave, also because Angie Jolie.

I'd never even heard of Angelina Jolie until I saw that video

Eight years on, my hormones have still never recovered
August 8th, 2005 10:30 AM
Voodoo Scrounge trying to download that on kazza at the mo. Having real trouble
August 8th, 2005 10:39 AM
Jair
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
trying to download that on kazza at the mo. Having real trouble

If you don't get, let me know.
I can upload it to http://rapidshare.de and then you download from there. Its not too slow.

August 8th, 2005 10:41 AM
Voodoo Scrounge would really appreciate that mate
August 8th, 2005 10:44 AM
Jair
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
would really appreciate that mate

You'welcome.
I let you know when I finish the upload - I'm not in home right now...

August 8th, 2005 01:34 PM
Jair Hello there!

The file Rolling_Stones_-_Anybody_Seen_My_Baby.avi (23322624 Bytes) is now online.

http://rapidshare.de/files/3779713/Rolling_Stones_-_Anybody_Seen_My_Baby.avi.html

After you click the link, will open a new frame with a table. Choose "Free" download, wait a few seconds and the download will start. Any questions, feel free to write back.

August 8th, 2005 01:37 PM
The Wick I love how the Stone Temple Pilots copied She's So Cold on one of their videos. Even though it was cheesy, I enjoyed Waiting on a Friend.
August 8th, 2005 02:00 PM
Charliesgoodtonight To be honest, I really like the Respectable video. It seems like they set a budget and kept to it.
August 8th, 2005 02:26 PM
lotsajizz no video was ever better than 'Respectable'
August 8th, 2005 02:29 PM
Charliesgoodtonight I really like the bit where Ronnie's bobbing up and down before the second (?) verse until he notices that the camera's focused on him and then he just looks kind of awkward for a couple of seconds until the scene changes.
August 8th, 2005 07:42 PM
Soldatti The best video is IORR, but ASMB is really good and hot too.
August 8th, 2005 08:15 PM
exile
quote:
Gazza wrote:
actually I think they ARE synonymous with great and technologically ground-breaking videos

I agree with Gazza, they have always been ahead of their time when they come out....thats not saying that compared to some CURRENT videos they dont stand up.

that's like comparing 'Start Me Up' video with U2's latest video.

but keep in mind LOVE is STRONG is over 10 years old and is still one of the best videos I have ever seen.
August 8th, 2005 08:35 PM
exile Actually is 'Love is Strong' Video downloadable anywhere?
August 9th, 2005 12:04 AM
Bruno Stone I like the "simple" videos, like She`s So Cold and Respectable ( that bed scene...what a cool ending!)

Wainting On A Friend is simply beautiful. Just Mick and Keith walking in the streets, talking, laughing, just two friends going to the pub to have a drink... another cool ending.

I love Mixed Emotions too, especially the bits when Mick & Keith share the mic, laughing at each other. I love this kind of videos, just the band performing in the studio.
August 9th, 2005 02:25 AM
corgi37 It's settle then. Love is Strong.

Mind you, i have always had a soft spot for Faraway Eyes.

Oh, and how can i forget - Going to a go-go.
August 9th, 2005 07:24 AM
Flairville My favourites are Respectable and Far Away Eyes. Mick seems very wired to me, very happy though, Charlie seems bored and Keith resembles Chrissi Hynde. i love the '78 stuff, it's a shame SNL is so bad.
August 9th, 2005 12:53 PM
Jair
quote:
exile wrote:
Actually is 'Love is Strong' Video downloadable anywhere?

Hey Exile,
I got this one too. If you wait until tomorrow I put it in some website like http://rapidshare.de , & then you can upload it.
Just let me know if you're interested.
Actually I have dozens of Stones videos in my PC...
[Edited by Jair]
August 10th, 2005 09:50 AM
Jair The file "Rolling_Stones_-_Love_Is_Strong.mov" (29294592 Bytes) is now online.

Download-Link: http://rapidshare.de/files/3840618/Rolling_Stones_-_Love_Is_Strong.mov.html

After you click the link, will open a frame with a table. Choose "Free" download, one more frame will open and then...you'll see. it's quite easy. Enjoy it!

[Edited by Jair]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)