ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Craig... you rock!!
A Bigger Bang Tour Warm-up gig
©`Craig Martin from Classic Albums Live Toronto
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What Songs Are They Rehearsing? Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 4th, 2005 09:16 PM
Gimme Shelter Other than the new songs, does anyone have any idea of what songs they are rehearsing.
August 4th, 2005 09:35 PM
Riffhard The two that really jumped out at me are "As Tears Go By",and "19th Nervous Breakdown". I'd like to see both of those. Something tells me that ATGB is gonna get the same kind of treatment that we got from "She Smiled Sweetly". They may play it once or twice,but that's about it. Aparently,according to Chuck's diary,they have recorded as many as 50 to 60 tunes thus far.

Riffhard
August 4th, 2005 09:39 PM
Daethgod According to Undercover, who....

"Swiped from Shidoobee"........

and i swiped from a ngroup ...

Oh No Not You Again
Bitch
Start Me Up
Get Off Of My Cloud
Gimme Shelter
Love is Strong
Far Away Eyes
She's so cold
Under my thumb
Jumpin Jack Flash
Street Fighting Man
Harlem Shuffle
As Tears Go By
Miss You
You Got Me Rocking
Just My Imagination
Ain't Too Proud to Beg
Some Girls
Shattered
Midnight Rambler
All Down the Line
Going to A Go GO
Hang Fire
YCAGWYW
Paint It, Black
Hot Stuff
IORR
Rough Justice
Respectable
Sympathy for the Devil
Hand of Fate
19th Nervous Breakdown
Streets of Love
Back of My Hand
Neocon
Rain Fall Down

August 4th, 2005 09:41 PM
1QWK55 Here is the latest from STONESNEWS.COM

Toronto is beginning to heat up!

* Songs rehearsed so far:

o She's so cold
o Under my Thumb
o Jumpin Jack Flash
o Street Fighting Man
o Love is Strong
o Far Away Eyes
o Harlem Shuffle
o Get Of Of My Cloud
o Start Me Up
o Oh not you again.
o She's So Cold
o As Tears Go By
o Miss You
o You Got Me Rocking
o Ain't Too Proud to Beg
o Out Of Control
o Saint Of Me
o Love Train

o Some Girls
o Shattered
o Midnight Rambler
o All Down the Line
o Going to A Go GO
o Hang Fire
o YCAGWYW
o Paint It, Black
o Hot Stuff
o IORR
o Rough Justice
o Respectable
o Rough Justice
o Streets of Love
o Back Of My Hand
o Rain Fell Down
o Sweet Neo Con
o Paint It Black
o Hand Of Fate
o Sister Morphine
o 19th Nervous Breakdown
o Loving Cup

Rock On!
August 4th, 2005 09:46 PM
glencar Love Train again? LOL
August 4th, 2005 10:01 PM
Make It Funky So glad that somebody posted this. cheers. Im thrilled about the inclusion of Out of cuntrol and Rambler. Right on! Rock on!

cheers!
August 5th, 2005 01:28 AM
Child of the Moon I'm still waiting for something that grabs my attention. I'm pleased about the new songs, and seeing As Tears Go By, Out of Control, and She's So Cold is pretty cool. But I'm just waiting for that one special song that makes me go "YES!!!"

August 5th, 2005 01:34 AM
pdog I saw them do Loving Cup in Oakland.... If you see them do it live, it'll do something to you.
I'm also happy to see OOC and Saint from Bridges, these are the two strongest songs from that album and are great live.
Down In The Hole
Sway
Out Of Time

That's my wish list.
August 5th, 2005 01:36 AM
Bloozehound weeel ya know what kinda eyes shes got
August 5th, 2005 01:44 AM
LadyJane New material and NON warhorses........is that too much for me to ask????????????????

LJ.
August 5th, 2005 01:49 AM
Child of the Moon
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
New material and NON warhorses........is that too much for me to ask????????????????

LJ.

Not at all. That's what I'm keepig my fingers crossed for. Pdog has avery nice wishlist.

And I know it'll never happen, but I want FUCKING CHILD OF THE MOON!!!!!!

Tonight, I wrote up my dream Grateful Dead setlist. I don't have any place to post it, though. I wonder if anyone would mind of I posted it here.
August 5th, 2005 02:12 AM
pdog
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:

Tonight, I wrote up my dream Grateful Dead setlist. I don't have any place to post it, though. I wonder if anyone would mind of I posted it here.

Uh! Er! Um!
I'd rather see you post your Motley Crue dream setlist, actually!
August 5th, 2005 02:50 AM
beer Where the fuck is Let It Loose, Child Of The Moon, and Sway?

Sway better be played, dammit!!!!

-
August 5th, 2005 03:22 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
beer wrote:
Where the fuck is Let It Loose, Child Of The Moon, and Sway?

Sway better be played, dammit!!!!

-

they're playing SOL
August 5th, 2005 04:46 AM
blackandblue
quote:
1QWK55 wrote:
Here is the latest from STONESNEWS.COM

Toronto is beginning to heat up!

* Songs rehearsed so far:

o She's so cold
o Under my Thumb
o Jumpin Jack Flash
o Street Fighting Man
o Love is Strong
o Far Away Eyes
o Harlem Shuffle
o Get Of Of My Cloud
o Start Me Up
o Oh not you again.
o She's So Cold
o As Tears Go By
o Miss You
o You Got Me Rocking
o Ain't Too Proud to Beg
o Out Of Control
o Saint Of Me
o Love Train

o Some Girls
o Shattered
o Midnight Rambler
o All Down the Line
o Going to A Go GO
o Hang Fire
o YCAGWYW
o Paint It, Black
o Hot Stuff
o IORR
o Rough Justice
o Respectable
o Rough Justice
o Streets of Love
o Back Of My Hand
o Rain Fell Down
o Sweet Neo Con
o Paint It Black
o Hand Of Fate
o Sister Morphine
o 19th Nervous Breakdown
o Loving Cup

Rock On!

Very disappointing list so far. Most of the songs were played before. No real surprises....
August 5th, 2005 08:23 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
pdog wrote:
I saw them do Loving Cup in Oakland.... If you see them do it live, it'll do something to you.
I'm also happy to see OOC and Saint from Bridges, these are the two strongest songs from that album and are great live.
Down In The Hole
Sway
Out Of Time

That's my wish list.

Yes..Loving Cup!!!..Saw them do it in Nashville..was awsome...anyone have a decent boot of this track form any show?
August 5th, 2005 08:57 AM
Madafaka I'd love hear Hang Fire live on this tour!
August 5th, 2005 08:58 AM
blackandblue
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
I'd love hear Hang Fire live on this tour!

Really? It's the worst song on Tattoo You!
August 5th, 2005 09:05 AM
Madafaka
quote:
blackandblue wrote:

Do you think? I really like it and they never played it frequently.
August 5th, 2005 09:07 AM
blackandblue
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

Do you think? I really like it and they never played it frequently.

Maybe they don't play it frequently because they don't like it themselves
August 5th, 2005 09:11 AM
Madafaka
quote:
blackandblue wrote:
Maybe they don't play it frequently because they don't like it themselves

Good point, but I could suppose the same thing with Torn & Frayed, Stray Cat Blues or Sway. And that is not good!
I prefer that kind of rehearsal, but I am 'satisfied' with Hang Fire.
August 5th, 2005 09:13 AM
Jumacfly Hang Fire is a great song...the versions of "Lonely at the top" and "place pigalle" are actually great!!
August 5th, 2005 09:25 AM
Jerry in Boston
quote:
blackandblue wrote:

Really? I like Hang Fire. I think the worst song on Tattoo You is either Worried About You or Waiting on a Friend... YUCK! LOL
August 5th, 2005 09:28 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Jerry in Boston wrote:

Really? I like Hang Fire. I think the worst song on Tattoo You is either Worried About You or Waiting on a Friend... YUCK! LOL

looking for a bad song on Tatoo you is looking for girls in a gay bar!
August 5th, 2005 11:04 AM
Madafaka
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
looking for a bad song on Tatoo you is looking for girls in a gay bar!

Hahaha! Great comparison!
August 5th, 2005 01:07 PM
Saint Sway I fear hearing Hang Fire on this tour and heres why:

the '81/82 live version was raw and gritty. Loud and raunchy. A wonderful slopped up mess.

but in the current Matt Clifford Stones State of affairs this song is going to sound SQUUUEEEEEEEKYYYYYYYYYYYY CLEAN. With soft, lame INXS guitars being woefully drown out by the whole ass clown team of Lisa, Bernard and Blondie chiming away on the "DOO DOO DO DOO's"

it'll be the same as listening to the kick ass riff hard garage band style version of LSTNT from 81/82 vs. the cleaned up Chuck Leavell tinkering ivories/background singers "bam a la la" Bridges version.

I think by now we can all look at this list of songs and instinctly know which ones are gonna sound ghey and which ones will be cool.
August 5th, 2005 01:43 PM
keithriffhard Saint Sway I think you're a schmuck for exaggerating everything
[Edited by keithriffhard]
August 5th, 2005 01:43 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! >>>I fear hearing Hang Fire on this tour and heres why:

the '81/82 live version was raw and gritty. Loud and raunchy. A wonderful slopped up mess.

but in the current Matt Clifford Stones State of affairs this song is going to sound SQUUUEEEEEEEKYYYYYYYYYYYY CLEAN. With soft, lame INXS guitars being woefully drown out by the whole ass clown team of Lisa, Bernard and Blondie chiming away on the "DOO DOO DO DOO's"

it'll be the same as listening to the kick ass riff hard garage band style version of LSTNT from 81/82 vs. the cleaned up Chuck Leavell tinkering ivories/background singers "bam a la la" Bridges version.

I think by now we can all look at this list of songs and instinctly know which ones are gonna sound ghey and which ones will be cool.
<<<<

I think many of you are jump'n the gun abit about how the songs are going to sound on this tour. From all indications, the new album is suppose to be stripped down with not much happen from the backup singers, horns and such. So, this may be a good sign that the shows will be more stripped down then previous tours, at least I hope so. This tour really needs to get back to what The Stones do best, and that's kick out raw rock'n roll with very little backing musicians. If this tour is anything like 78' or 81', we're going to have one of the best tours imaginable!
As for Hang Fire, man that's a great song! In fact, every song to TY is great. I can't understand anyone not liking Waiting On a Friend, Hang Fire or Worried About You, all are classic Stones for sure.
August 5th, 2005 02:11 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Jerry in Boston wrote:

I am flabbergasted! WAY and WOAF are two of the best songs of the album!!!! Two of the best songs they recorded in the last 25 years! Hang Fire is nothing at all. A filler. A B-song.
August 5th, 2005 02:25 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
keithriffhard wrote:
Saint Sway I think you're a schmuck for exaggerating everything
[Edited by keithriffhard]

that being true, I just want to take a moment to let everyone know that, far and away, keithriffhard consistently writes the single most intelligent and thought provoking posts that I have ever ever read.

thank you
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)