ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Craig... you rock!!
A Bigger Bang Tour Warm-up gig
©`Craig Martin from Classic Albums Live Toronto
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How The Glimmer Twins Got Their Groove Back (Track-By-Track Album Review) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
August 7th, 2005 03:00 AM
exile ......and then things REALLY got out of hand!!
August 9th, 2005 03:14 AM
Zulu Fun Mix That the right-wing US nationalist "glencar" would dismiss Canadians as "small-minded" is typical. He can't possibly comprehend the Rolling Stones as a socio-historical phenomenon.
August 9th, 2005 08:28 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
I win!!! Ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Gimmekeef, your Bob Marley CD will be mailed tomorrow. Have a great weekend!

Hey thanks so much!..Really appreciate it..Its all about the music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 9th, 2005 01:32 PM
wolfgangpmay Go Stones! I grew up with those guys from the days when I listened to them in Vietnam, and was really excited that the movie "Apocalypse Now" had some of their music in it. Now we are facig the very real possibility of a nuclear war, since the idiots in our administration are threatening to use nuclear bunker busters in Iran. I think the Russians still have a doomsday reaction system, which automatically deploys nukes when they detect that we use them. So, we may be looking at a real nuclear holocaust because of some idiot in the white house. Let's enjoy the Stones' new hit while we can!
August 9th, 2005 05:00 PM
CobainLegend
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
The album sounds great as far as I'm concerned,Sweet Neo-Con,well whatever. I could give two shits about the Stones' politics. Frankly I could give two shits about anyone's poltics on this board as well. I'm just pumped up about the new album and tour! All seems to be going very well on that front!

Hillary Clinton sucks with teeth! LOL!

Riffhard

Ignorance is bliss eh? If you are pumped up about the album you should be pumped up about what the Rolling Stones are singing about, don't you think?
August 9th, 2005 05:10 PM
Reel Deal I don't normally post anywhere but my own blog, but in this case I'll make an exception.

1) Bush bashing exists because it is easy - the man is an idoit who has failed at everything he has attemted - including running for president - after the votes were counted in 2000 - fully counted, yes he really did lose Florida, I know I live here.

2) Iraq was and is a mistake - you can not use military force to push your cultural values on another country. It doesn't work. If the Iraqi's want "Freedom" and "Liberty", they will have to stand up and take care of it themselves. If the Germans had come to America in the 1700's and started a war with the British to "Free" the Americans from oppression, most of North America would still be British property. As the neocons like to say, "freedom isn't free" - so if you try to give it to a people, they will never cherish it and take care of it, and it will die a swift death.

BTW - anyone seen any WMDs lately?

August 9th, 2005 05:18 PM
The_Worst
quote:
wolfgangpmay wrote:
Go Stones! I grew up with those guys from the days when I listened to them in Vietnam, and was really excited that the movie "Apocalypse Now" had some of their music in it. Now we are facig the very real possibility of a nuclear war, since the idiots in our administration are threatening to use nuclear bunker busters in Iran. I think the Russians still have a doomsday reaction system, which automatically deploys nukes when they detect that we use them. So, we may be looking at a real nuclear holocaust because of some idiot in the white house. Let's enjoy the Stones' new hit while we can!

wolfgang,
Nice to see you use the old the republicans are gonna blow up the world so you better vote democrat line....What a bunch of bullshit...

Politics of fear at it's absolute worse...
August 9th, 2005 05:31 PM
The_Worst
quote:
Reel Deal wrote:
I don't normally post anywhere but my own blog, but in this case I'll make an exception.

1) Bush bashing exists because it is easy - the man is an idoit who has failed at everything he has attemted - including running for president - after the votes were counted in 2000 - fully counted, yes he really did lose Florida, I know I live here.

2) Iraq was and is a mistake - you can not use military force to push your cultural values on another country. It doesn't work. If the Iraqi's want "Freedom" and "Liberty", they will have to stand up and take care of it themselves. If the Germans had come to America in the 1700's and started a war with the British to "Free" the Americans from oppression, most of North America would still be British property. As the neocons like to say, "freedom isn't free" - so if you try to give it to a people, they will never cherish it and take care of it, and it will die a swift death.

BTW - anyone seen any WMDs lately?

ReelDeal,

Last time I checked when someone gets more votes than another candidate that one wins...Every single recount made showed Bush won... Now if you only want to selectively re-count over and over a few of the most liberal counties in the state while at the same time throwing out the ballots of the military that you claim to support right now then yeah maybe he lost...

Then again, you are right...We should have simply let Saddam continue to give the UN the finger while trying to develop his weapons program while shooting at US planes over the no-fly zone and slaughtering his own people on a daily basis...

I guess that would have been the right thing to do....
August 10th, 2005 11:43 AM
monkeystyle [/quote]
The point is that no matter what the topic you have to find a way to twist it into a Bush bashing opportunity.

Every other post you make has either a picture or a quote designed to bashed Bush.

It is obvious that from the time you wake up until the time you go to bed you dream up new ways to blame national & international problems on Bush...That's your agenda & that's fine... I'm just sick of hearing it in 95% of your posts!!

[/quote]

What's wrong with Bush bashing? He _is_ the worst president ever and responsible for many of the problems today (nationally & internationally)...

I wake up everyday amazed at how Bush and his lock-stepping followers have fu*ked up this country and the world, and wondering what they'll do next. IMO, that is more important that any Rolling Stones album, tour, song.
August 10th, 2005 07:00 PM
FPM C10
quote:
monkeystyle wrote:

What's wrong with Bush bashing? He _is_ the worst president ever and responsible for many of the problems today (nationally & internationally)...

I wake up everyday amazed at how Bush and his lock-stepping followers have fu*ked up this country and the world, and wondering what they'll do next. IMO, that is more important that any Rolling Stones album, tour, song.

Welcome aboard! I like the cut of your jib!

as for what they'll do next, Nanker says that they'll bomb Iran before Labor Day. Iraq was such a success we need to take the show on the road and spread the freedom around.

Hey, who pays for those bunker busters, anyway?
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)