ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Craig... you rock!!
A Bigger Bang Tour Warm-up gig
©`Craig Martin from Classic Albums Live Toronto
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How The Glimmer Twins Got Their Groove Back (Track-By-Track Album Review) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
August 4th, 2005 12:19 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
glencar wrote:
I agree that it isn't the case around the world. He's probably mainstream in Germany.




I hear he's also a real hit at Al Qaeda training camps worldwide
August 4th, 2005 08:34 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
A guy in the radio here did an interview in Toronto with Keith and he heard the whole new album too. The best tracks are She Saw Me Coming, Take Me Down Slow and Sweet Neocon, but the whole record is very good, full of catchy riffs, blues and very Stone overall. SOL sounds out of place in the record according to him. It sounds in the same vein of Voodoo Lounge, but with better songs.



The best news in this whole thread gets ignored...Thanks Soldatti again...at least according to this interviewer we havent heard the best 3 songs yet!!!!!!!!
August 4th, 2005 08:45 AM
exile
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
The best news in this whole thread gets ignored...Thanks Soldatti again...at least according to this interviewer we havent heard the best 3 songs yet!!!!!!!!



I know! Thats great news!
August 4th, 2005 09:31 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:


imo anyone who thinks FPM is pushing a "far left-winged extremeist agenda" is obviously looking at things from a far right-wing extremist perspective - in fact i really can't see him pushing any agenda...the only thing he seems to be pushing is the buttons of guys like you


LOL! I guess that's it exactly! Well said, SIA!
August 4th, 2005 10:16 AM
BlindLemon Khm,
hi,
stoopid question: do u think anything else is going to be leaked? I have listened to RJ and BOMH 500 times each, and while I am not bored (esp. the guitars on BOMH are a true treasure trove), I am psyched and cannot wait more. So, all ye seasoned people - do you think there is a chance of us hearing anything prior the 5th Sep?
Thnx

p.s.: this is just second naive question: with all this vehement disagreements concerning neocons and liberals, would you highly antagonized people consider to read some IR theory? This is off-topic but I cannot hold my peace, as this is what I teach, and every semester for the past two years I was trying to convince my students that these flashy journalist phrases don't explain processes and events in the international system. There is really quite a bit of theorising which provides neat explanations on the events of the past years, without resorting to uncertain "personality" and "ideology"-type/based arguments. U should consider checking out some IR if u are looking for an explanation that goes beyond conspiracy theories and grand discourses of justice.
August 4th, 2005 12:01 PM
texile
quote:
Bitch wrote:
It's obvious that NEO CON will be a controversial song, which is good. Maybe some real discussions will result from it - but it's likely the RS boards will fill up with arguments over it. It's started already and we haven't even heard the song yet!

The STONES are rockin our world. I love it when they get intellectual!



agree.....and riffhard - the apolitical blues is rearing his head, cos this song, by all reports, sweet neocon IS political - and you guys are just going to suck it up....lol;
August 4th, 2005 12:31 PM
FPM C10
quote:
The_Worst wrote:
FPM,

Thank you. You just proved my point...This post is about the review of the new Stones album... You picked one song & went off on your old Bush bashing theme...



I made ONE comment about a song on the new album. Completely on-topic. I am entitled to my opinion. (Did ANYONE really think I WASN'T going to say SOMETHING about it when Mick writes a line like "You say you're a Christian/I think you are a hypocrite"???? COME ON. He's saying what I've been saying since 2001!)

But then of course three or four of you had to wade in with your usual personal attacks on me, which DID threaten to derail a thread which should have easily been able to stay on-topic. There are way more posts in this thread ABOUT me than BY me. That's not my fault. In this particular thread there were just as many people defending my right to have an opinion, so of course THEY had to be attacked too.

quote:
The_Worst wrote:

Next you point to a thread about steroids & it becomes another Bush bashing theme again. The point is that no matter what the topic you have to find a way to twist it into a Bush bashing opportunity.




No, the point is that once again the inclusion of ONE post which was ON-TOPIC but happened to reflect badly on your hero caused several posts attacking ME. I didn't make the stuff up; it was in the news. It was completely apropos. The angry denials and personal attacks were NOT.

quote:
The_Worst wrote:

Every other post you make has either a picture or a quote designed to bashed Bush.




Earlier in the thread it was EVERY post...here it is every other post, which would be 50%...right below here it's 95%...PLEASE pick ONE lie and STICK with it! In reality I post more pictures of pugs in sweaters than pictures ridiculing Bush. Sorry but they crack me up.


quote:
The_Worst wrote:
It is obvious that from the time you wake up until the time you go to bed you dream up new ways to blame national & international problems on Bush...That's your agenda & that's fine... I'm just sick of hearing it in 95% of your posts!!



It is obvious that from the time you wake up until the time you go to bed you dream up new ways to exaggerate and distort my posting habits! Look, son, I post about all kinds of stuff here, have been for YEARS, and have actually made concessions to you crybabies by changing my avatar and choosing a signature quote by a REPUBLICAN which explains WHY I post the political stuff I do. And I don't dream up stuff about Bush. The sad truth is it's the sad truth.

quote:
The_Worst wrote:
Do I want the board censored in anyway? Hell no! You obviously are a great Stones fan & that's what I want to hear from you. We are never going to agree on anything in the political realm. However, I have to believe that 99% of this board could care less what you or I think about our politics. That's not the purpose of this forum. I am very involved with the Republican party yet I try to bite my tongue when reading the board...I just wish you would do the same once in a while...



Then why have YOU and your friends wasted so much of everyone's time with personal attacks on ME in a thread where my anti-Bush comments were NOT OFF-TOPIC??? I was talking about a Stones song!!!! The proper way to counter that, if you feel the need to, is to write why you think Mick's lyrics are off-base. Instead you attack ME. Am I supposed to NOT defend myself? I didn't leap in with personal attacks to counter the stupid, completely OFF-topic attacks of HILLARY CLINTON (????WTF????)in this thread. If I did THAT your gripes swould be justified. As it is, they are NOT.

quote:
The_Worst wrote:
By the way, in answering your question, I will listen to Sweet Neo-con & decide if I like it...If I do, I will continue to listen to it...If not I will skip it like "Back To Zero"... I quite enjoy "Highwire" & I have always felt that that is a political song that has been interpreted to be much more anti-Bush 41 than it really is...Even Keith said so!! I hope Sweet Neo-con is being treated the same...



Really? I think "Highwire" is right on the money (irony intended), and like what we know about "Sweet Neo-con", the target is hypocricy. Not political? Um...okay.

I (obviously) have very strong opinions about this stuff. The issues are life and death, and underly every facet of life. I don't view politics as some sort of entertainment or sport, which is how some people seem to see them, so I cannot seperate myself from my beliefs.

If the Stones put a song on the new album that was PRO-Neocons, I wouldn't be able to bring myself to buy the album. I'm afraid I'd be done with them, even after a lifetime of being a fan. That's why I ask all of you NeoCons what you guys plan to do about this smack in the face. So far everybody seems to be cool with it, which is odd to me - if _I_ say it, you attack me tooth and nail; if MICK says it, you pay him for it and pretend you can't hear the words.

You say you're a Christian - I think you are a hypocrite.
August 4th, 2005 12:58 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
wrote:




The rest is history....some including myself would say...the rest is fantasy....
August 4th, 2005 01:04 PM
The_Worst
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:


You say you're a Christian - I think you are a hypocrite.



FPM,

I believe the next line of the song is "full of shit"
& you really are...

The only reason you are being attached is because you changed the entire post into a rant for your agenda. Do you think you should just be able to ramble on about your distorted views of the world without anyone speaking up?...I guess so...

Have fun living in your liberal fantasy world where Democrats can do no wrong & Republicans are all evil... You disgust me...
August 4th, 2005 01:46 PM
Joey
quote:
The_Worst wrote:



Have fun living in your liberal fantasy world where .......... You disgust me...






August 4th, 2005 01:53 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Joey wrote:










those are not pugs
August 4th, 2005 01:54 PM
Joey
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:



those are not pugs



My ASS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

** Sniff **
August 4th, 2005 01:55 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Joey wrote:


My ASS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

** Sniff **





your sniffing your ass ?
August 4th, 2005 02:07 PM
Joey
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:



your sniffing your ass ?



If only I could ........................................

J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joey

Joey
August 4th, 2005 02:55 PM
FPM C10 I was going to let this go...but I guess it's no less interesting than bloozy and joey sniffing their own asses...


quote:
The_Wurst wrote:

FPM,

I believe the next line of the song is "full of shit"
& you really are...



Whoah! GOOD ONE! No mas!


quote:
The_Wurst wrote:

The only reason you are being attached is because you changed the entire post into a rant for your agenda.



Do you mean that I am being ATTACKED because I changed the entire THREAD into a rant for my "agenda"? Um...well, I guess I'll leave comments about my "agenda" to the comments which have already been posted by other, more level-headed members of our community. The thread was changed by the people who attacked me. (Haven't we already gone over this?) I didn't change the entire post into anything because it was MY post! It was what it was!

It's so hard arguing with you guys! I never know what the hell you're yelling about.

quote:
The_Wurst wrote:

Do you think you should just be able to ramble on about your distorted views of the world without anyone speaking up?...I guess so...




No, I think I should be able to comment on ONE of the songs on the new Rolling Stones album which really piques my interest because it seems to reflect ideas and opinions which I happen to share. And if you disagree with those ideas and opinions, perhaps you could calmly and civilly present a differing viewpoint. Ideally, that's the way this sort of thing is conducted.

If you think Bush and the NeoCons ARE good Christians, then YOUR world view is beyond distorted. Please do as I did and provide a New Testament bible verse to support your argument.

quote:
The_Wurst wrote:

Have fun living in your liberal fantasy world where Democrats can do no wrong & Republicans are all evil...





Although I AM a Democrat, I'm no great fan of the Democratic party. For one thing they can't get their SHIT together enough to field a winning candidate. If there was a viable third party I'd be in it. I guess that's why I never prattle on and on about any Democrats.

As for the evil Republican thing, my mom was a Republican, and she was a saint. In fact, while she was in office (she was a district magistrate) _I_ was a Republican! How about THEM apples! I hated it but wanted to be able to vote for mom in primaries. After she retired from political life, she followed her conscience (and the urgings of her best friend, Nancy "Miss Jane Hathaway" Kulp) and switched over to being a Democrat.

Apart from my mom, I think Abe Lincoln was a pretty good egg, and John McCain seems to be a genuine straight shooter...in fact he seems more like a Democrat...


quote:
The_Wurst wrote:
You disgust me...



Oh yeah??? Well...you are a doo doo head!!! YES I SAID A DOO DOO HEAD!!!

Grow up, son. If you can't stand being beaten in a civil debate then don't get in it in the first place.

[Edited by FPM C10]
August 4th, 2005 05:04 PM
The_Worst
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
I was going to let this go...but I guess it's no less interesting than bloozy and joey sniffing their own asses...




Whoah! GOOD ONE! No mas!




Do you mean that I am being ATTACKED because I changed the entire THREAD into a rant for my "agenda"? Um...well, I guess I'll leave comments about my "agenda" to the comments which have already been posted by other, more level-headed members of our community. The thread was changed by the people who attacked me. (Haven't we already gone over this?) I didn't change the entire post into anything because it was MY post! It was what it was!

It's so hard arguing with you guys! I never know what the hell you're yelling about.



No, I think I should be able to comment on ONE of the songs on the new Rolling Stones album which really piques my interest because it seems to reflect ideas and opinions which I happen to share. And if you disagree with those ideas and opinions, perhaps you could calmly and civilly present a differing viewpoint. Ideally, that's the way this sort of thing is conducted.

If you think Bush and the NeoCons ARE good Christians, then YOUR world view is beyond distorted. Please do as I did and provide a New Testament bible verse to support your argument.




Although I AM a Democrat, I'm no great fan of the Democratic party. For one thing they can't get their SHIT together enough to field a winning candidate. If there was a viable third party I'd be in it. I guess that's why I never prattle on and on about any Democrats.

As for the evil Republican thing, my mom was a Republican, and she was a saint. In fact, while she was in office (she was a district magistrate) _I_ was a Republican! How about THEM apples! I hated it but wanted to be able to vote for mom in primaries. After she retired from political life, she followed her conscience (and the urgings of her best friend, Nancy "Miss Jane Hathaway" Kulp) and switched over to being a Democrat.

Apart from my mom, I think Abe Lincoln was a pretty good egg, and John McCain seems to be a genuine straight shooter...in fact he seems more like a Democrat...




Oh yeah??? Well...you are a doo doo head!!! YES I SAID A DOO DOO HEAD!!!

Grow up, son. If you can't stand being beaten in a civil debate then don't get in it in the first place.

[Edited by FPM C10]



1) Sorry about the spelling of "attacked"...I should have proof read my post on a Rolling Stones message board...

2)As far as the "It was MY post" comment I'll give you that... MINE!! MINE!! MINE!! Spoken like a true democrat...

3)I'm not overly religious so I can't provide you with a quote from the bible but I was raised a catholic & went to catholic school (I bet that just makes your blood boil! LOL)

4)I do agree with you that the Democrat party can't get their shit together...That's because their only agenda is to disrupt the Republican agenda rather than provide alternative solutions to problems...

5) The viable party you are looking for is somewhere left of the communist party... Perhaps you could start your own party but sadly you can't use the symbol of a jackass (although it would certainly suit you) because that was already taken by the Democratic party...

6) I'm glad you like John McCain... Although I'm not a huge fan, he's going to blow Hillary out of the water & will be elected the next Republican President of the United States...Wait & see...

7) If I can't stand being beaten in a civil debate? Since when did you win a debate? HEY, I think I won!! CONGRATULATIONS TO MYSELF!!! DRINKS ON ME!!! What a joke...

Anytime you want to have a debate I suggest we have it in person...I don't live too far from you & I'd love to debate you in person...I could use a good laugh...

Finally, I think it is really sad that you said if the Stones recorded a song praising the Republican party you would be finished with them....How old are you again? Someone says something you don't like & you pick up your ball & go home? Then again...I guess that's the liberal way...run away from any problems you may face in life...

August 5th, 2005 10:45 AM
FPM C10 MY ANSWERS IN ALL CAPS FOR THOSE PLAYING ALONG AT HOME!

1) Sorry about the spelling of "attacked"...I should have proof read my post on a Rolling Stones message board...

NO BIGGIE. SINCE I WAS TAKEN TO TASK BY BLUE FOR MISSPELLING THE LYING BALLPLAYER'S NAME, I THOUGHT I'D DO THE SAME FOR YOU. SORRY, BUT I TEND TO LUMP YOUR WHOLE LITTLE GROUP OF RIGHTWING CRACKPOTS TOGETHER AND THINK OF YOU AS ONE ENTITY.

2)As far as the "It was MY post" comment I'll give you that... MINE!! MINE!! MINE!! Spoken like a true democrat...

WTF??? I'VE SAID IT MANY TIMES - TALKING TO YOU PEOPLE IS LIKE TALKING TO ROCKS. IF THE POST YOU WERE ACCUSING ME OF "TAKING OVER" WAS THE ONE THAT I WROTE, THEN I GUESS IT COULD BE THOUGHT OF AS "MINE" AND THE IDEA OF ME TAKING IT OVER IS PRETTY STUPID.

3)I'm not overly religious so I can't provide you with a quote from the bible but I was raised a catholic & went to catholic school (I bet that just makes your blood boil! LOL)

I DON'T CARE IF YOU ARE A SNAKEHANDLER. ONE'S RELIGION IS A PRIVATE MATTER. AS LONG AS YOU DON'T GET ALL EVANGELICAL AND START SHOVING IT DOWN PEOPLE'S THROATS, YOU CAN WORSHIP ANY WAY YOU SEE FIT. I BELIEVE THAT'S IN THE BILL OF RIGHTS. IT'S JUST THAT THE POINT OF MY POST WAS ILLUSTRATING THAT GREAT FIRST LINE FROM "SWEET NEOCON", AND AS I'VE POINTED OUT, IF YOU HAD A PROBLEM WITH IT YOU SHOULD HAVE ATTACKED THE SONG, NOT ME. I'M NOT RELIGIOUS AT ALL BUT I HAVE NO PROBLEM SEEING THAT THE ETHICAL TEACHINGS OF JESUS RUN COMPLETELY COUNTER TO THE AGENDA OF THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION AND FINDING BIBLE VERSES TO ILLUSTRATE THAT FACT. IF YOU WANT TO ARGUE ABOUT THE SUBJECT AT HAND, THEN MAYBE YOU COULD DO THE SAME.

4)I do agree with you that the Democrat party can't get their shit together...That's because their only agenda is to disrupt the Republican agenda rather than provide alternative solutions to problems...

DID YOU HEAR THAT ON HANNITY & COMBS, OR WAS IT THE O'REILLY FACTOR?

5) The viable party you are looking for is somewhere left of the communist party...

NO, AS HAS BEEN POINTED OUT BY SEVERAL OTHER PEOPLE, I'M PRETTY MUCH IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD. AT LEAST WHERE THE ROAD USED TO BE BEFORE YOU GUYS GRABBED THE WHEEL AND RAN OFF THE BERM.


6) I'm glad you like John McCain... Although I'm not a huge fan, he's going to blow Hillary out of the water & will be elected the next Republican President of the United States...Wait & see...

THAT'LL BE FINE WITH ME. A MAN OF INTELLIGENCE AND INTEGRITY, WHO HAS MADE NO SECRET OF HIS PROBLEMS WITH TORTURING PRISONERS AND THE MISHANDLING OF THE WAR IN IRAQ. HE'S A REPUBLICAN BUT NOT A FUCKING NEOCON. I COULD VOTE FOR HIM. I'M NOT AN IDEALOGUE.


7) If I can't stand being beaten in a civil debate? Since when did you win a debate? HEY, I think I won!! CONGRATULATIONS TO MYSELF!!! DRINKS ON ME!!! What a joke...


WHEN YOU AVOID ALL OF THE ISSUES AND YOUR CLOSING ARGUMENT IS "I DESPISE YOU", YOU'VE LOST THE DEBATE. DEBATES ARE NOT BARFIGHTS.


Anytime you want to have a debate I suggest we have it in person...I don't live too far from you & I'd love to debate you in person...I could use a good laugh...

YES, YOU GUYS NEED TO DO YOUR "DEBATING" IN PERSON - YOU CAN'T SHOUT DOWN YOUR OPPONENT ON THE INTERNET!

THANKS FOR THE OFFER BUT NO THANKS. LIFE'S TOO SHORT AS IT IS.

Finally, I think it is really sad that you said if the Stones recorded a song praising the Republican party you would be finished with them....

LIKE I SAID, I DON'T PUT POLITICS IN THE SAME CATEGORY OF SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT. IF YOU WANT TO PAY MONEY TO HAVE SOMEONE INSULT YOUR CORE BELIEFS, GO AHEAD. DO YOU HAVE ANY? IF NOT, PLEASE STOP ATTACKING MINE.


Then again...I guess that's the liberal way...run away from any problems you may face in life...

THAT'S NOT RUNNING AWAY FROM A PROBLEM. THAT'S STANDING MY GROUND. LUCKILY IT'S NOT AN ISSUE. THE STONES ALSO BELIEVE THAT NEOCONS ARE HYPOCRITES.



August 5th, 2005 11:10 AM
The_Worst
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
MY ANSWERS IN ALL CAPS FOR THOSE PLAYING ALONG AT HOME!

1) Sorry about the spelling of "attacked"...I should have proof read my post on a Rolling Stones message board...

NO BIGGIE. SINCE I WAS TAKEN TO TASK BY BLUE FOR MISSPELLING THE LYING BALLPLAYER'S NAME, I THOUGHT I'D DO THE SAME FOR YOU. SORRY, BUT I TEND TO LUMP YOUR WHOLE LITTLE GROUP OF RIGHTWING CRACKPOTS TOGETHER AND THINK OF YOU AS ONE ENTITY.

2)As far as the "It was MY post" comment I'll give you that... MINE!! MINE!! MINE!! Spoken like a true democrat...

WTF??? I'VE SAID IT MANY TIMES - TALKING TO YOU PEOPLE IS LIKE TALKING TO ROCKS. IF THE POST YOU WERE ACCUSING ME OF "TAKING OVER" WAS THE ONE THAT I WROTE, THEN I GUESS IT COULD BE THOUGHT OF AS "MINE" AND THE IDEA OF ME TAKING IT OVER IS PRETTY STUPID.

3)I'm not overly religious so I can't provide you with a quote from the bible but I was raised a catholic & went to catholic school (I bet that just makes your blood boil! LOL)

I DON'T CARE IF YOU ARE A SNAKEHANDLER. ONE'S RELIGION IS A PRIVATE MATTER. AS LONG AS YOU DON'T GET ALL EVANGELICAL AND START SHOVING IT DOWN PEOPLE'S THROATS, YOU CAN WORSHIP ANY WAY YOU SEE FIT. I BELIEVE THAT'S IN THE BILL OF RIGHTS. IT'S JUST THAT THE POINT OF MY POST WAS ILLUSTRATING THAT GREAT FIRST LINE FROM "SWEET NEOCON", AND AS I'VE POINTED OUT, IF YOU HAD A PROBLEM WITH IT YOU SHOULD HAVE ATTACKED THE SONG, NOT ME. I'M NOT RELIGIOUS AT ALL BUT I HAVE NO PROBLEM SEEING THAT THE ETHICAL TEACHINGS OF JESUS RUN COMPLETELY COUNTER TO THE AGENDA OF THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION AND FINDING BIBLE VERSES TO ILLUSTRATE THAT FACT. IF YOU WANT TO ARGUE ABOUT THE SUBJECT AT HAND, THEN MAYBE YOU COULD DO THE SAME.

4)I do agree with you that the Democrat party can't get their shit together...That's because their only agenda is to disrupt the Republican agenda rather than provide alternative solutions to problems...

DID YOU HEAR THAT ON HANNITY & COMBS, OR WAS IT THE O'REILLY FACTOR?

5) The viable party you are looking for is somewhere left of the communist party...

NO, AS HAS BEEN POINTED OUT BY SEVERAL OTHER PEOPLE, I'M PRETTY MUCH IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD. AT LEAST WHERE THE ROAD USED TO BE BEFORE YOU GUYS GRABBED THE WHEEL AND RAN OFF THE BERM.


6) I'm glad you like John McCain... Although I'm not a huge fan, he's going to blow Hillary out of the water & will be elected the next Republican President of the United States...Wait & see...

THAT'LL BE FINE WITH ME. A MAN OF INTELLIGENCE AND INTEGRITY, WHO HAS MADE NO SECRET OF HIS PROBLEMS WITH TORTURING PRISONERS AND THE MISHANDLING OF THE WAR IN IRAQ. HE'S A REPUBLICAN BUT NOT A FUCKING NEOCON. I COULD VOTE FOR HIM. I'M NOT AN IDEALOGUE.


7) If I can't stand being beaten in a civil debate? Since when did you win a debate? HEY, I think I won!! CONGRATULATIONS TO MYSELF!!! DRINKS ON ME!!! What a joke...


WHEN YOU AVOID ALL OF THE ISSUES AND YOUR CLOSING ARGUMENT IS "I DESPISE YOU", YOU'VE LOST THE DEBATE. DEBATES ARE NOT BARFIGHTS.


Anytime you want to have a debate I suggest we have it in person...I don't live too far from you & I'd love to debate you in person...I could use a good laugh...

YES, YOU GUYS NEED TO DO YOUR "DEBATING" IN PERSON - YOU CAN'T SHOUT DOWN YOUR OPPONENT ON THE INTERNET!

THANKS FOR THE OFFER BUT NO THANKS. LIFE'S TOO SHORT AS IT IS.

Finally, I think it is really sad that you said if the Stones recorded a song praising the Republican party you would be finished with them....

LIKE I SAID, I DON'T PUT POLITICS IN THE SAME CATEGORY OF SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT. IF YOU WANT TO PAY MONEY TO HAVE SOMEONE INSULT YOUR CORE BELIEFS, GO AHEAD. DO YOU HAVE ANY? IF NOT, PLEASE STOP ATTACKING MINE.


Then again...I guess that's the liberal way...run away from any problems you may face in life...

THAT'S NOT RUNNING AWAY FROM A PROBLEM. THAT'S STANDING MY GROUND. LUCKILY IT'S NOT AN ISSUE. THE STONES ALSO BELIEVE THAT NEOCONS ARE HYPOCRITES.







I seriously do not have the energy to go back & forth with you... It is completely pointless... Have a great weekend!!
August 5th, 2005 11:16 AM
gimmekeef Borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrringgggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!
August 5th, 2005 12:24 PM
FPM C10 I win!!! Ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Gimmekeef, your Bob Marley CD will be mailed tomorrow. Have a great weekend!
August 5th, 2005 02:44 PM
JaggerLips I CAN'T WAIT FOR SWEET NEO CON!
August 5th, 2005 03:05 PM
The_Worst
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
I win!!! Ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Gimmekeef, your Bob Marley CD will be mailed tomorrow. Have a great weekend!



Sure you won...Too bad your party can't...

The Democratic party is a bust!!!
August 5th, 2005 03:07 PM
Joey
quote:
The_Worst wrote:


The Democratic party is a bust!!!



see : Detroit ( 1/91 sold )
August 5th, 2005 03:35 PM
J.J.Flash >>"Driving Too Fast
Keith in overdrive on a pounding riff that rocks like its 1971."

OVERDRIVE..... OVERDRIVE.... DID HE SAY OVER FUCKIN' DRIVE?!?!?!? THAT'S WHAT WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR.....Give us some raw, wild, mean, nasty guitar sounding.... man.....strangely....I can't wait till Sep. 5th......I want this album NOW.....
August 5th, 2005 04:02 PM
FPM C10
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:


OVERDRIVE..... OVERDRIVE.... DID HE SAY OVER FUCKIN' DRIVE?!?!?!? THAT'S WHAT WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR.....Give us some raw, wild, mean, nasty guitar sounding.... man.....strangely....I can't wait till Sep. 5th......I want this album NOW.....



Me too, Jay, ME TOO! Everything about this article fired me up!

I want this album and tour to be amazing. I want to be proud to say "Damn right I'm a Stones fan - have been most of my life!"

And I want to have a booze with Jay!
August 5th, 2005 04:11 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:


Me too, Jay, ME TOO! Everything about this article fired me up!

I want this album and tour to be amazing. I want to be proud to say "Damn right I'm a Stones fan - have been most of my life!"

And I want to have a booze with Jay!



Amigo....

sorry for not replying your PM yet......Unfortunately, I was able to read it only this morning. I'm preparing an "elucidative" answer for that, if you know what I mean.

Hey, if we can't talk later, have a great weekend........ get wasted.

"Guess which day is today Ronnie"
August 7th, 2005 12:03 AM
Zulu Fun Mix I'm an American who frequently spends time abroad to escape the know-nothing (in both the 19th-century and conventional senses), anti-foreign, gluttonous, hypocritical, stupid, right-wing culture now prevailing at home. The other day while waiting in line at a foreign airport, I struck up a conversation with two Canadians. When they found out I was an American, one said: "But you seem so nice!" Americans everywhere outside of America are regarded these days as pompous and arrogant dumbfucks who don't know their geography. It's not entirely fair, of course, since there are numerous exceptions in absolute terms--like the courageous and patriotic FPM. But it's the cultural trend. Most Americans are proud of their stupid late-Roman-like imperial mindset, and they're going to shove it down everyone's throats.

In this context, the Stones doing a song like "Sweet Neo Con" to (probably) finish out their studio recording career is like paying homage to all the anti-mainstream, counter-cultural, and--yes--African--forces they've always drawn on and helped encourage and develop. It confirms their bona fides as truth-telling rebels, since you can imagine the heat "Sweet Neo Con" will generate from the likes of the know-nothing right-wing American media. It will also serve as a slap-in-the-face to all those mindless, mainstream fans so often criticized on this board yet who voted for Bush. Maybe it will wake some of them up, like slowly but surely the horrendous folly of Iraq finally is.

There's really nothing more important in the world right now than changing America and changing China. The Stones are making a small contribution to the former task by recording "Sweet Neo Con." I hope they play it live and build it up. It makes me happy, as you can tell by my dazzling silver smile. I can understand why FPM would gloat, because that the Stones would do this is really REALLY cool and important.
August 7th, 2005 12:24 AM
corgi37 Just the word conservative makes me shudder.
August 7th, 2005 12:39 AM
glencar
quote:
Zulu Fun Mix wrote:
I'm an American who frequently spends time abroad to escape the know-nothing (in both the 19th-century and conventional senses), anti-foreign, gluttonous, hypocritical, stupid, right-wing culture now prevailing at home. The other day while waiting in line at a foreign airport, I struck up a conversation with two Canadians. When they found out I was an American, one said: "But you seem so nice!" Americans everywhere outside of America are regarded these days as pompous and arrogant dumbfucks who don't know their geography. It's not entirely fair, of course, since there are numerous exceptions in absolute terms--like the courageous and patriotic FPM. But it's the cultural trend. Most Americans are proud of their stupid late-Roman-like imperial mindset, and they're going to shove it down everyone's throats.

In this context, the Stones doing a song like "Sweet Neo Con" to (probably) finish out their studio recording career is like paying homage to all the anti-mainstream, counter-cultural, and--yes--African--forces they've always drawn on and helped encourage and develop. It confirms their bona fides as truth-telling rebels, since you can imagine the heat "Sweet Neo Con" will generate from the likes of the know-nothing right-wing American media. It will also serve as a slap-in-the-face to all those mindless, mainstream fans so often criticized on this board yet who voted for Bush. Maybe it will wake some of them up, like slowly but surely the horrendous folly of Iraq finally is.

There's really nothing more important in the world right now than changing America and changing China. The Stones are making a small contribution to the former task by recording "Sweet Neo Con." I hope they play it live and build it up. It makes me happy, as you can tell by my dazzling silver smile. I can understand why FPM would gloat, because that the Stones would do this is really REALLY cool and important.




Fucking rubbish. The idea that only broadminded liberal Americans can appear to be nice to small minded yet liberal Canucks is funny. The new song will not make one difference in the current American political debate. It might even be slighter than the impact of "Highwire" although time will tell. As for FPM gloating, he only can do that between elections. Things are tough out there for broadminded liberals. Indeed, some seem to becoming a bit unhinged.
August 7th, 2005 01:33 AM
sirmoonie Let's start at the beginning.

The Stones may have a song entitled "Neocon"
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)