ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Craig... you rock!!
A Bigger Bang Tour Warm-up gig
©`Craig Martin from Classic Albums Live Toronto
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How The Glimmer Twins Got Their Groove Back (Track-By-Track Album Review) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
August 3rd, 2005 03:52 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Victory with honor, Joey. McNamara's band had no plan. Westu took the fall for those dirty fuckers.

" Everything old is new again Ronnie ! "

Developing ................................

Shiver ...................................

LBJOEY

[Edited by Forrestal ]
[Edited by Joey]
August 3rd, 2005 03:52 PM
glencar George W. Bush, the new JFK?
August 3rd, 2005 03:53 PM
glencar If anything, Rummy is the new LBJ.
August 3rd, 2005 03:56 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
If anything, Rummy is the new LBJ.

Teetering ?!?!

[ Edited by Uncle Ho ]
[Edited by Joey]
August 3rd, 2005 03:58 PM
glencar LOL Well, we've run this into the ground. What has anyone to say about the latest Keith ballad(s)?
August 3rd, 2005 05:27 PM
The_Worst
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Ah, but the difference is...TODAY I'm on topic! I'm discussing the lyrics of a Stones song! Wait till I hear the rest of them!

Too bad they didn't write a song about how great the war in Iraq is, or how oil is worth more than blood. Then YOU could gloat!

I guess there is a first for everything...Too bad the Stones didn't write a song about fans who turn every post on every Rolling Stones message board across the web into a platform for pushing their far left-winged extremeist agenda.

Also, where did I say the Iraq War was great? I believe all wars are horrible things yet sometimes they cannot be avoided...I guess allowing Saddam to continuosly give the UN & America the fingerwhile shooting at US planes flying over the no-fly zone & slaughtering his own people was the way to go...

I'm glad to see you have not given up on the old "No blood for oil" slogan... Tell me something, are you pissed about the higher oil prices?... I'm sure that GWBs' fault too....Then again, why should you be pissed? Afterall, since oil is so evil in your eyes you obviously must live in a log cabin where you burn wood for heat & ride a bike to work because that is the only true way you can be anti-oil... I forgot, you live in Pa....Obviously you must be Amish then & are clearly attending the Hershey show via horseback...

Afterall, that is the only way you can be truly anti-oil...
[Edited by The_Worst]
August 3rd, 2005 05:48 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
The_Worst wrote:
Too bad the Stones didn't write a song about fans who turn every post on every Rolling Stones message board across the web into a platform for pushing their far left-winged extremeist agenda.

imo anyone who thinks FPM is pushing a "far left-winged extremeist agenda" is obviously looking at things from a far right-wing extremist perspective - in fact i really can't see him pushing any agenda...the only thing he seems to be pushing is the buttons of guys like you
August 3rd, 2005 05:55 PM
Some Guy That is very good to read. I am cool with it all now.
August 3rd, 2005 06:18 PM
glencar Streets Of Love sounds like a GITD outtake.
August 3rd, 2005 06:52 PM
The_Worst
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

imo anyone who thinks FPM is pushing a "far left-winged extremeist agenda" is obviously looking at things from a far right-wing extremist perspective - in fact i really can't see him pushing any agenda...the only thing he seems to be pushing is the buttons of guys like you

No offense, if you don't see him pushing an agenda than you are not only stoned, I think you just o'd...

My point is simple...I couldn't give two shits about FPM's whacked out points of view... However, it gets a little annoying WHEN EVERY FUCKING THREAD HE POSTS IN turns into a Bush bashing session!! I come on this site to read about the Stones, not to read one person's rants about why he thinks our president is an asshole....

Maybe I should turn every post on the board into a "Hillary Clinton sucks thread" I wonder how the board would react...

August 3rd, 2005 06:57 PM
stonedinaustralia well, no offense taken...the thrust of my post is that i find it odd that you consider his views "extremeist"

i mean i don't see him calling for the dismantling of the democratic process or the end of civilisation as we know it

and there's a big difference between having an opinion and "pushing an agenda"

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
August 3rd, 2005 07:04 PM
glencar Please. You agree with his extremist bullshit so to you, it's not extremist. But someone who attacks US troops is considered extremist in this country. And his agenda has been stated quite often: he deems it his duty to show the international posters here that not all Americans watch FOX & go to NASCAR races. He shouldn't be taken seriously.
[Edited by glencar]
August 3rd, 2005 07:18 PM
FPM C10 I've never attacked US troops, but lies like that are typical of you and your buddies. As with Vietnam, it's not the troops who screwed up, it's the politicians.

But all of that doesn't matter in this thread, because _I_ am the one that's on topic, my sweet neo-con, and YOU guys are the ones who are WRONG. Your attacks of ME are off topic and completely beside the point. The fact that someone else (thanks SIA) recognizes that my views aren't radical at all is nice, but also beside the point. PLEASE! Does EVERYTHING have to turn into an anti-FPM rant with you guys? Sheesh! Stay focused! There's a great new Stones album on the way!

So are you seriously going to hit the "skip" button so you don't have to hear "Sweet Neo-Con"? Every time?

August 3rd, 2005 07:26 PM
Riffhard The album sounds great as far as I'm concerned,Sweet Neo-Con,well whatever. I could give two shits about the Stones' politics. Frankly I could give two shits about anyone's poltics on this board as well. I'm just pumped up about the new album and tour! All seems to be going very well on that front!

Hillary Clinton sucks with teeth! LOL!

Riffhard
August 3rd, 2005 07:29 PM
FPM C10
quote:
The_Worst wrote:
.. However, it gets a little annoying WHEN EVERY FUCKING THREAD HE POSTS IN turns into a Bush bashing session!!

Why are you such a LIAR, son?

Do you guys think you strengthen your arguments by exaggerating and lying? It never works. (See: Iraq)

Please look over today's threads, see which ones I posted in, and then get back to us with a better idea of how many of those "bashed" Bush. There's this one - in which bashing Bush WAS on-topic...and the one about the lying steroid-taking ball player, and again, the mention of Bush was on-topic. I know, I know, you have better things to do than keep track of my posts - so if you DON'T KNOW something to be a fact, DON'T LIE ABOUT IT. Hasn't that sort of irresponsible behavior gotten us into enough trouble?

Are YOU going to skip "Sweet Neo-Con" every time it comes on, too? I'm sorry, but that question fascinates me!
August 3rd, 2005 07:55 PM
Soldatti A guy in the radio here did an interview in Toronto with Keith and he heard the whole new album too. The best tracks are She Saw Me Coming, Take Me Down Slow and Sweet Neocon, but the whole record is very good, full of catchy riffs, blues and very Stone overall. SOL sounds out of place in the record according to him. It sounds in the same vein of Voodoo Lounge, but with better songs.
August 3rd, 2005 09:01 PM
Daethgod Riffhard says : "The album sounds great as far as I'm concerned,Sweet Neo-Con,well whatever. I could give two shits about the Stones' politics. Frankly I could give two shits about anyone's poltics on this board as well. I'm just pumped up about the new album and tour! All seems to be going very well on that front!
Hillary Clinton sucks with teeth! LOL!"

hear hear Riffy

me just wants to rock to some new Stones grooves

man no wonder Bill took relef with Monica

August 3rd, 2005 09:29 PM
glencar
quote:
Daethgod wrote:
Riffhard says : "The album sounds great as far as I'm

me just wants to rock to some new Stones grooves

man no wonder Bill took relef with Monica

LOL That's our next Prez you're atlking about!
August 3rd, 2005 09:31 PM
glencar FPM, I anticipated your denial of attacking our troops. I don't have it at hand but you had a post several weeks back that listed all the horrible things our troops have done over the centuries. My Lai & all that stuff.

As for the song in question, I was joking. Sparks Will Fly is the only song I always, always skip.
August 3rd, 2005 09:47 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
glencar wrote:
Please. You agree with his extremist bullshit so to you, it's not extremist.

wooah - back up there a bit blue - if you see my post i never mentioned anything about agreeing or disagreeing with anything FPM said - i simply questioned (quite reasonably i thought)the Worst's branding of his views as "extremist" and his assertion that FPM was "pushing" some kind of "agenda" as opposed to simply expressing his opinion

but you're right - i don't consider his opinion extremist - i like to think that i'm fairly open minded and someone's views would have to be very Far Out (to the right or the left) before i would consider them extreme - sorry, but FPM is just not radical enough for me to think of him as an "extremist" - but take heart, by the same token, i would not give that label to your point of view either ('tho others might)

August 3rd, 2005 11:02 PM
texile can't wait to hear sweet neocon -
hmm - the apparent chagrin of being a conservative stones fan.
all of a sudden, they're not interested in political viewpoints....can't fucking WAIT c10!
August 3rd, 2005 11:20 PM
exile
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
A guy in the radio here did an interview in Toronto with Keith and he heard the whole new album too. The best tracks are She Saw Me Coming, Take Me Down Slow and Sweet Neocon, but the whole record is very good, full of catchy riffs, blues and very Stone overall. SOL sounds out of place in the record according to him. It sounds in the same vein of Voodoo Lounge, but with better songs.

Thanks for the information Soldatti, thats great news, im even mored excited about ABB now
August 3rd, 2005 11:52 PM
Riffhard
quote:
texile wrote:
can't wait to hear sweet neocon -
hmm - the apparent chagrin of being a conservative stones fan.
all of a sudden, they're not interested in political viewpoints....can't fucking WAIT c10!

I don't know if your point was that I was somehow no longer interested in political viewpoints. However,I can assure you,textile,that I love nothing more ripping ridiculous lib arguments to shreads,but right now I've got a new tour and album to keep me occupied. Plus the fact that every time that politics are brought up here it does nothing but start a pissing match,and Flea knows that there is nothing I like less than a pissing match! Ain't that right Flea?

Scrolling through the list of threads here right now I can read at least three where Bush,conservatives,Repubs,etc. are just ripped apart. No. I wouldn't say the problem here is "all of a sudden, they're not interested in political viewpoints". No. I'd say that the problem is that some here can not leave politics out of anything they post. It gets old is all I'm sayin'. Hence I have avoided the topic lately because it has never been a positive experience for me considering I'm posting on a Rolling Stones message board afterfuckingall. It has only caused hostile feelings for all parties involved,and I happen to like a couple of the libs on this board! So there.

Riffhard

PS-and,oh yeah,one more thing. I don't give two shits about the Stones politics.
August 3rd, 2005 11:58 PM
Bitch It's obvious that NEO CON will be a controversial song, which is good. Maybe some real discussions will result from it - but it's likely the RS boards will fill up with arguments over it. It's started already and we haven't even heard the song yet!

The STONES are rockin our world. I love it when they get intellectual!
August 3rd, 2005 11:58 PM
The_Worst
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Why are you such a LIAR, son?

Do you guys think you strengthen your arguments by exaggerating and lying? It never works. (See: Iraq)

Please look over today's threads, see which ones I posted in, and then get back to us with a better idea of how many of those "bashed" Bush. There's this one - in which bashing Bush WAS on-topic...and the one about the lying steroid-taking ball player, and again, the mention of Bush was on-topic. I know, I know, you have better things to do than keep track of my posts - so if you DON'T KNOW something to be a fact, DON'T LIE ABOUT IT. Hasn't that sort of irresponsible behavior gotten us into enough trouble?

Are YOU going to skip "Sweet Neo-Con" every time it comes on, too? I'm sorry, but that question fascinates me!

FPM,

Thank you. You just proved my point...This post is about the review of the new Stones album... You picked one song & went off on your old Bush bashing theme...

Next you point to a thread about steroids & it becomes another Bush bashing theme again. The point is that no matter what the topic you have to find a way to twist it into a Bush bashing opportunity.

Every other post you make has either a picture or a quote designed to bashed Bush.

It is obvious that from the time you wake up until the time you go to bed you dream up new ways to blame national & international problems on Bush...That's your agenda & that's fine... I'm just sick of hearing it in 95% of your posts!!

Do I want the board censored in anyway? Hell no! You obviously are a great Stones fan & that's what I want to hear from you. We are never going to agree on anything in the political realm. However, I have to believe that 99% of this board could care less what you or I think about our politics. That's not the purpose of this forum. I am very involved with the Republican party yet I try to bite my tongue when reading the board...I just wish you would do the same once in a while...

By the way, in answering your question, I will listen to Sweet Neo-con & decide if I like it...If I do, I will continue to listen to it...If not I will skip it like "Back To Zero"... I quite enjoy "Highwire" & I have always felt that that is a political song that has been interpreted to be much more anti-Bush 41 than it really is...Even Keith said so!! I hope Sweet Neo-con is being treated the same...
August 4th, 2005 12:03 AM
The_Worst
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

I don't know if your point was that I was somehow no longer interested in political viewpoints. However,I can assure you,textile,that I love nothing more ripping ridiculous lib arguments to shreads,but right now I've got a new tour and album to keep me occupied. Plus the fact that every time that politics are brought up here it does nothing but start a pissing match,and Flea knows that there is nothing I like less than a pissing match! Ain't that right Flea?

Scrolling through the list of threads here right now I can read at least three where Bush,conservatives,Repubs,etc. are just ripped apart. No. I wouldn't say the problem here is "all of a sudden, they're not interested in political viewpoints". No. I'd say that the problem is that some here can not leave politics out of anything they post. It gets old is all I'm sayin'. Hence I have avoided the topic lately because it has never been a positive experience for me considering I'm posting on a Rolling Stones message board afterfuckingall. It has only caused hostile feelings for all parties involved,and I happen to like a couple of the libs on this board! So there.

Riffhard

PS-and,oh yeah,one more thing. I don't give two shits about the Stones politics.

WELL SAID!!!
August 4th, 2005 12:08 AM
Bloozehound the Stones politics are for fags!
August 4th, 2005 12:08 AM
pdog It's weird!
This thread wasn't about the album review very much was it?
August 4th, 2005 12:12 AM
glencar
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

wooah - back up there a bit blue - if you see my post i never mentioned anything about agreeing or disagreeing with anything FPM said - i simply questioned (quite reasonably i thought)the Worst's branding of his views as "extremist" and his assertion that FPM was "pushing" some kind of "agenda" as opposed to simply expressing his opinion

but you're right - i don't consider his opinion extremist - i like to think that i'm fairly open minded and someone's views would have to be very Far Out (to the right or the left) before i would consider them extreme - sorry, but FPM is just not radical enough for me to think of him as an "extremist" - but take heart, by the same token, i would not give that label to your point of view either ('tho others might)

SIA, in the USA political spectrum, Flea is an extremist. I agree that it isn't the case around the world. He's probably mainstream in Germany.
August 4th, 2005 12:16 AM
Riffhard
quote:
pdog wrote:
It's weird!
This thread wasn't about the album review very much was it?

Ding,ding,ding!! Funny how you picked up on that pdog!! LOL! My point exactly!

Riffhard
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)