ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mumbai - April 2003
With very special thanks to our new member Navin from Bangalare, India

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Buddhist Punk! Return to archive
08-07-03 09:24 AM
Zeeta Have any of you guys SEEN how COOL and how EXPENSIVE their stuff is they have done for The Stones?! I have just been looking in Harvey Nichols at possibly the finest Stones realted clothing I have ever seen - a black T with Keith c.72 playing guitar in psychedelic colours, on the back in read it says "Rolling Stones world tour 02/03".
They do the sleeveless T shirts that Mick wears on stage with the fanged tounges.
I'm going to buy it after work - Ģ65 ($104.60) tho!!
I can't find their website - can anyone?
08-07-03 10:08 AM
dealer squealing Hi Zeeta
Theyīre website seems to be gone. First it was under construction and then it was opened and they had wery cool shirts in there although not the same ones that where on rs.com(why have they not be able again?) then i canīt no longer find theyīre site?!? Itīs a wery strange company and they seems not to be wery bisuinnes minded because iīve been searching for about 9 months for the red Keith t-shirt without any satisfaction. I only have the Sympathy t-shirt in black and white which is wery nice but i would like to have more from them, please let me know if it isa possible to have them online somewhere.

What shows are you gonna see in Great Britain?
Adios amigo
08-07-03 10:18 AM
Zeeta Yo Dealer!

I am only going to the Machester show so far but hopefully I will be able to get some more lined up but I am so skint! I am moving to London in Sept and it's killing my ĢĢ! + Student debt of Ģ15000 etc bollox.
This T shirt I have seen is way cooler than anything on RS.com!
I liked the white T shirt on RS.com with a fanged tounge but they do not have it in my size only XL as per usual - fat bastards!
where - what shows are you going to? Pity they ain't playing iceland this time.

08-07-03 10:47 AM
dealer squealing Howdy

Yeah i would love to see this shirt you are talking about, and those sizes man!! They are designed for elephants
not human beings.
I saw the Stones in stockholm stadium and Globen, did not get a ticket for sircus. I was wery nervous about Keith and Ronnie because of the reviews they had got in the start of the European tour(Ronnie not sober and Keith not playing well) But the show at stadium was very good and thanks to Keith, he was so good it was ubelivable, he was on fire from beginning till the end, did not spot any bum notes or mistakes and was loud and clear. Ronnie seemed drunk to me and i was not happy with him and having his reviews in mind from 2002 he was not as good now . Jagger was a bit on autopilot in the beginning but grew more and more as the show got on. I must tell you that i met Chuck Leavell at the Grand Hotel they had just arrived and he was arrenging something at the reception. I introduced myself and talked to him, seemed to be wery nice guy(i have not been very found of him so loud in the mix and maby itīs not his fault). Among things i asked him what album theme they where gonna play at Globen on sunday(i met him on thursday) and he said " No, what would you like?" i smiled and said "Exile" then he said "you got it!!" Of cource Exile was played and all my favorites, Loving Cup, Sweet Virginia, Rocks Off.
This concert was my 8th since 1990 and clearly the best i have seen, way better than all the others. No mistakes just Keith began If You CRM instead of You GMR but that was just fun, we got to hear just Keith for half of this song and how good he was playing. All the guys were on fire and even Miss You was great , a song i have been bored of since 1995. So i will send you copy when i get one
I hope they will rock Manchester as they did in Stockholm
08-07-03 11:05 AM
Zeeta Yeah man!
Can't get over the Chuck story - he OWNS the band these days - like it or not! He seems to be the only one who is willing to take the lead. On stage, his loud keyboard presence and off stage, his influence in deciding the theme of arena shows. Unbelievable really - or maybe I'm hyping it a bit?!

Keep it cool mate,
Matt
08-08-03 05:23 AM
Zeeta Never bought the "T" - checked my balance!
08-08-03 06:22 AM
dealer squealing Itīs better to spend your final dough on Stonesticket than on t-shirt. You can always track down t-shirt in the future but not the Stones

But talking about t-shirts, when i saw Stones this summer i saw many people wearing great t-shirt from the 1982 tour. I think it was an reblica since there where so many and in great shape but i did not bump in to it. All the t-shirts at the shows were way to big, although im quite tall(but skinny, and they were not as cool as some of the Tīs that they sold in the USA, also there where not many bootleg t- shirts this time. So i bought none. But let me know if you know of some online store that sells cool stones Tīs.
08-08-03 08:48 AM
Boomy I remember Rollingstones.com having about 5 or 6 of those shirts for sale. All were $50. The white shirt with the huge tongue on it was awesome.