ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mumbai - April 2003
With very special thanks to our new member Navin from Bangalare, India

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Wow I've been doing this for a long time Return to archive
08-06-03 05:00 PM
nankerphelge Don't know if you guys and gals have ever checked out the "wayback machine" internet archive, but it displays internet pages of yesteryear -- just typed the old "Stonesworld" site and got this!! What a pisser!

http://web.archive.org/web/19970211145935/www.stonesworld.com/bbs/index.html
08-06-03 05:48 PM
Boomy Great read. By the way Nanky, the Jaggbonics thread rules.

Jagger is the best vocalist, IMO. He has such an interesting voice, when now all you hear are Eddie Vedder clones.
08-06-03 05:55 PM
nankerphelge Yeah it was weird to read it again -- doesn't seem that long ago!
08-06-03 05:59 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Hahaha... BILL WYMAN TO PLAY ON NEXT TOUR - DEFINITE...

Makes me feel better about all those Taylor/Ronnie rumors.

-tSYX --- As funeral director...
08-06-03 06:02 PM
Boomy I like how Maxy responded to that. Very funny.
08-06-03 06:20 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy On a related note, Nanky, check your PM.

How many of all of us now were posters at that board? What were the names you used if you switched 'em?

-tSYX --- Seems about 100 years ago...
08-06-03 06:29 PM
glencar I started on Stonesworld in April 1997. I remember when Blessed Poison was the upcoming CD. Temple Lee was the first responder to one of my pearls of wisdom.
08-06-03 06:57 PM
nankerphelge That's right -- Blessed Poison and Terminal Sobriety were the two titles being discussed -- how funny!

Temple Lee -- what a shame he was killed. I didn't meet him when he came to DC for the B2B show -- although he was sitting close enuf to me at the stadium to hear the maracas I was shaking during Sympathy!!!

I had my daughter's Disney Esmarelda tambourine too for Satisfaction! Yeah I was pretty loaded....

08-06-03 10:29 PM
Angiegirl I joined Stonesworld I would say around September 1997, when I started thinking about flying to the US to go to the 1997 MSG shows, which were postponed eventually till January 1998.

Too bad they don't have pages from late '97 or beginning '98.
08-07-03 06:45 AM
egon
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Don't know if you guys and gals have ever checked out the "wayback machine" internet archive,

this sounds like fun nank, where can i find this?
08-07-03 08:41 AM
nankerphelge http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

They don't have everything, but they have a lot more than you might expect.

Angie, check it out, there was definitely other pages in there that were archived from '97 and especially '98!
08-07-03 07:15 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Angie, check it out, there was definitely other pages in there that were archived from '97 and especially '98!

I checked it out, but it has only Jan/Feb 97 and Dec 98, and most links don't even work, they only take me to the old main homepage, not the messageboard items...