ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mumbai - April 2003
With very special thanks to our new member Navin from Bangalare, India

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Astoria Tickets News? Return to archive
08-06-03 04:42 PM
shakedhandswithkeith I`m still waiting for the tickets?

Any news here?

thanks
08-06-03 04:46 PM
shakedhandswithkeith tickts or voucher I mean
08-06-03 04:56 PM
Gazza Phoned them yesterday. As per every previous phone call I've made to them on any problem re: distribution of tickets on this tour it quickly transpired that I knew more about what the policy was than the staff did.

You'll find they try to fob you off with the "they'll be sent out soon" crap just to get rid of you. However, once it registers with them that you have a clue what you're talking about they will go and check things out.

Stronly recommend that if youre ever calling them do what Martha suggested on another thread and insist on speaking to a supervisor. The staff are incompetent and if you speak to ten of them on successive days,you'll get ten different answers.

Anyway, after telling me the tickets were about to be sent out, I told them that for every 'club' show on this tour the policy was that it would be a letter & wristband arrangement and that anyone who had phoned TM before had been told this would be the case. So,the guy went and checked with a supervisor, came back and acknowledged I was right and told me that the letters were due to be sent out "within the next six days".

As theres a few people who will be leaving to go to shows in Holland and then on to the UK and probably wouldnt be there to receive this letter, I asked what the policy was for those people. He said that if your confirmation letter hasnt arrived, call them before you leave and they will arrange for a box office collection for your ticket and wristband.

The TM customer service number is 0870 1535353. Phone them and harass the fuck out of them.

Hope thats of some help,shakedhands and we hope to see you at Sticky Fingers on tuesday the 26th August!!!
[Edited by Gazza]
08-06-03 05:48 PM
shakedhandswithkeith gazza wrote:

Hope thats of some help,shakedhands and we hope to see you at Sticky Fingers on tuesday the 26th August!!!

thank you gazza and I hope too we will meet at the Sticky Fingers the day before.

do you have already a hotel near to the astoria? if you, it will be very kindly to tell me the name, because I don`t know where to find a hotel there!

I will call you friday just after the Hannover show with the setlist
08-06-03 05:58 PM
kahoosier stay at the St Giles, it is an easy walk to the Astoria, and there is a package deal put together by an agency for stones fans, many will be there. I did get my room a bit cheaper somehow by dealing with the St. Giles directly, and cannot vouch it will work out that way for everyone. Is this Sticky Fingers thing an organized event? I would love to see the place.
08-06-03 06:47 PM
stewed & Keefed I NEED A TICKET...
08-06-03 10:59 PM
Angiegirl well, just go over there on show day early in the morning and BUY one!!!
08-06-03 11:07 PM
MarthaMyDear OH!!! THANK YOU, GAZZA!!! lol................... :P :P :P :P
:P :P :P :P :P :P HEY,
YOU GUYS!!! EVERYONE WHO LURKS AND/OR POSTS AND/OR IS JUST
PASSING-THROUGH AND/OR WHATEVER ON THIS BOARD IS INVITED TO
THE ROCKS OFF GET-TOGETHER AT STICKY FINGERS RESTAURANT ON
TUESDAY, AUGUST 26TH (I can't remember the time but here is
the 4th page of the thread for this get-together... That page
has the most information, I think, etc.: http://www.novogate.com/board/968/156653-4.html )...
I guess it's formal as we are definitely booking Sticky
Fingers Restaurant for that night and a certain time, etc.,
but dress however you want!!! It ain't no prom, honey!!!
lol................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
Ok.... That was weird...
lol................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

ANYWAYS!!! lol................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
:P If you want to go,
please email Gazza ASAP (at least within about seven days/a
week from the date of my post here) at:
[email protected] and let him know how many people,
besides you, will be coming (if any) because he needs a
definite head count for the reservation to tell them,
ok.?!?!?! Bring whomever
you want and however many you want, alrighty-o?!?!?!
Also, I have a couple of small,
Stones-related gifts for everyone, so BE THERE OR BE
SQUARE!!!!!!! lol................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
:P :P Anyways, take care,
PEACE, and I HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE *** SOON ***!!!
PEACE and ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
08-06-03 11:45 PM
kahoosier Great, just sent the -email to gazza. That means 4 stones shows, 1 mick taylor, and now this all in 1 week! I can't wait!!!!!
08-07-03 08:14 AM
Sleepy Weasel
quote:
kahoosier wrote:
stay at the St Giles, it is an easy walk to the Astoria, and there is a package deal put together by an agency for stones fans, many will be there. I did get my room a bit cheaper somehow by dealing with the St. Giles directly, and cannot vouch it will work out that way for everyone. Is this Sticky Fingers thing an organized event? I would love to see the place.

Sticky Fingers is the Stones theme restaurant started by Bill in the eighties, good atmosphere and burger type food, loads of memorabilia on the walls etc.
ANY ASTORIA GOERS DO NOT MISS SECRET AFTERSHOW PARTY, WILL LET ANYONE KNOW MORE DETAILS WHEN I KNOW MORE. EMAIL BELOW

See you on 26th!
Sleepy weasel [email protected]