ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mumbai - April 2003
With very special thanks to our new member Navin from Bangalare, India

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sympathy remix getting UK airplay Return to archive
08-06-03 12:44 PM
Jen D Virgin Radio has started playing one of the remixes this week (don't know which one - they're just crediting it to the Stones)according the DJ when I last heard it - it's proving very popular.

Sounds pretty good, great turned up loud - blasting out in mono. Early impressions (only heard it 3 times, yesterday & today)- for most of the song it makes it even more of a party record, possible added new instrimentation or making clearer/louder parts already there but unoticed, then
from "every cop is a criminal" takes it to a whole other removing the origanal backing completely (except the drums)& added a new refelctive tune then gradualy readding the whoo whoos, forcing you to focus on Micks vocals, and the songs meaning, to the end.

08-06-03 12:46 PM
Jen D I've just checked their site and it's the Neptune remix - was put on the playlist last Thursday.
08-06-03 12:51 PM
jb That remix is the 2nd most embarrassing event in Stones history next to the JT Affair....truly another humiliation for real fans like SS and me.
[Edited by jb]
08-06-03 12:53 PM
egon remixing sympathy would be a sick thing to do,

but luckily it never happened.

nope!
08-06-03 12:54 PM
egon
quote:
egon wrote:
remixing sympathy would be a sick thing to do,

or any other stones song for that matter!
08-06-03 01:17 PM
jb Mark Seliger is jewish I think...same for ASnnie Liebowitz..
08-06-03 02:05 PM
Madafaka Is the worst remix that i've heard in years! Pathetic!