ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mumbai - April 2003
With very special thanks to our new member Navin from Bangalare, India

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: That's a whole lotta dollar bills!!! Return to archive
08-06-03 10:00 AM
nankerphelge Powerball winner recovers lost $545,000 at strip club

Jack Whittaker won Powerball's richest jackpot on December 25, 2002. Powerball winner Jack Whittaker was able to recover the $545,000 that was stolen at a West Virginia strip club.

CROSS LANES, West Virginia (AP) -- A Powerball winner who has donated more than $3 million of his record winnings to churches was drinking at a strip club when $545,000 was stolen from his sport utility vehicle, police said Tuesday.

Jack Whittaker said he hopes the incident will not affect the Jack Whittaker Foundation, which he established to help charities operated by the Church of God and other causes. He also said he wanted to remind the media and the public that he is a private citizen.

"It's a known fact that Mr. Whittaker does carry a lot of money around with him, because he does frequent not only that club, but several other establishments ... and he does gamble," said Kanawha County Sheriff Dave Tucker.

Whittaker first arrived at the Pink Pony on Monday evening. He left shortly after midnight, returning at 2:30 a.m. and leaving his vehicle's motor running, Tucker said.

Club employees declined to comment to The Associated Press. Kanawha County Chief Deputy Phil Morris said they told deputies Whittaker was allowed to stay at the club until after 5 a.m. because he had drunk too much alcohol. The club closes at 3 a.m.

Whittaker told deputies that he was drugged after his return to the Pink Pony, and he provided police with a urine sample for analysis, Morris said.

"There's no confusion on the fact that he didn't have all his faculties," Morris said.

08-06-03 02:46 PM
shockedspeeder No shit?
08-06-03 03:01 PM
telecaster Some people aren't meant to have money
08-06-03 04:14 PM
nankerphelge I find it a fascinating story.
Guy wins all this money. Gives a load to the church.

Then leaves a half million in his car while getting fucked up at a strip club.

After he finds he's been robbed, he goes back to the strip club and gets all Noltied up for when the cops get there!!

I am finding it quite difficult to feel bad for this guy!

08-06-03 04:44 PM
FPM C10 I saw this on TV. They showed the guy sitting outside the Pink Pony kinda muttering to himself. At the end of the spot he came over to the TV guy and announced that he was buying the Pink Pony "before this day is over" and bulldozing it.

I like the way this guy thinks. We should appoint him to some high cabinet post - Sec'y of the Treasury, perhaps?
08-06-03 04:54 PM
nankerphelge He won a pretty big jackpot last year just over the line in West Virginny -- I remember him giving a bunch to the church and saying all this nice gracious stuff. And he looked like a nice little cowboy-hat-wearin' god-fearing West Virginyin gentleman!

Then he apparently found the hootch and the Pink Pony!

What kind of "talent" is found in an establishment with such a name, anyway? Never mind -- kinda sorry I even asked that question...
08-06-03 08:59 PM
throbby FPM C10 wrote:
I like the way this guy thinks. We should appoint him to some high cabinet post - Sec'y of the Treasury, perhaps?

More like Secretary of Defense. Didn't they lose a trillion or two in one of those Virginia Parking lots?
08-06-03 10:04 PM
Sir Stonesalot >What kind of "talent" is found in an establishment with such a name, anyway? Never mind -- kinda sorry I even asked that question...<

I swear to God...I haven't thought about this in years.

I was in a punk/metal band called Blastula. This would be late 80's...I was still in college. We were jazzed to get a weekend engagement at the venerable "Pink Pony" in Clarks Ferry. We split the bill with a metal band that I roadied for called Hannon Tramp.

So it's Friday night, and we get the stage set up. We used Tramp's stuff so we didn't have to change out equipment between sets. We played a one hour set, Tramp played 2. So around 8pm we asked were we could go get changed...and they directed us to a room in the basement. We changed, got fucked up, drank, got fucked up some more. Finally at 10pm we opened the door to our room...and walked into a hallway full of strippers. Unknown to us...there were exotic dancers booked in to dance to our sets.

They had big honkin' piles of blow, and they shared. Boy did they share. That was one of my fave weekends of all time. God it was great.

So that should answer your question. I can guarantee that no one had 500K+ at THAT Pink Pony.
08-07-03 12:55 PM
Factory Girl What a lucky hill-billy old goat dude. He wins the money, he loses the money, he recovers the money...

Someone post a picture of this God-worshipping
Pie-snapping high roller. TIA.
08-07-03 03:06 PM
sirmoonie
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3128753.stm

YIKES!
08-07-03 04:47 PM
nankerphelge Now that's a bold theory!

Imagine your manhood designed to such exacting specifications that it is essentially preserving your own essence while self-cleaning!!

The Easy Off cock!!
Haven't we domesticated well over time!!
08-07-03 04:58 PM
Joey " The Easy Off cock!!
Haven't we domesticated well over time!! "

No .

www.HoweMilitary.com

What ?!?!?!?!?! Oh , sure , Here ya go :

http://www.bouldernews.com/bdc/concerts/article/0,1713,BDC_2467_2159690,00.html

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJACK the Y !

08-07-03 05:33 PM
nankerphelge So Joey, how was the show?

Did you chase the dragon?

I bet the smell of hemp clung around you like a fine cologne!

Did you soil tele's sweater?

08-07-03 05:57 PM
Joey " So Joey, how was the show?

Did you chase the dragon? "

Nanky ?!?!?!

Is that you ?!?!?!?! When did you get back from Toronto ???????? Please , I's needs to hears all of the details of the SARFEST !

SARS IS FOR PUSSIES !

Bunny

08-07-03 06:14 PM
sirmoonie Nanky, go to London!
08-08-03 09:15 AM
nankerphelge LONDON!!

MUST GO TO LONDON....

Oh and Joey, Toronto was great fun!

I feel fine -- just a slight burning sensation and metallic taste in the back of my throat, and a bright red rash (but only on the top half of my body - the feet are fine) -- but aside from that I feel great generally -- a little run down, and a slight cough too. But otherwise, tip-top shape, when I'm not shivering!

I think I'll be fine...
[Edited by nankerphelge]
08-08-03 10:05 AM
Joey " I feel fine -- just a slight burning sensation and metallic taste in the back of my throat, and a bright red rash (but only on the top half of my body - the feet are fine) -- but aside from that I feel great generally -- a little run down, and a slight cough too. But otherwise, tip-top shape, when I'm not shivering! "

You make Joey giggle .

Shiver ..........................................

" It's like a pleasurable rash that gets under your skin Ronnie "

Jacky !