ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mumbai - April 2003
With very special thanks to our new member Navin from Bangalare, India

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŃOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hey Alex, what are you up to over there!!! Return to archive
08-06-03 09:47 AM
nankerphelge UK parks ‘dogged’ by exhibitionism

Open-air swingers use Internet to meet in public areas

By Preston Mendenhall
MSNBC

LONDON, Aug. 6 — Fueled by the Internet, a rapid rise in public exhibitionism is plaguing Britain’s country parks, turning beauty spots into popular gathering points for thrill-seekers watching each other engage in open-air sex.

‘This is more than couples going out for a kiss or a cuddle, or whatever.’
— RICHARD BYRNE
British researcher THE PHENOMENON, called “dogging,” proliferates Western Europe, but hits Britain’s country parks particularly hard, according to Richard Byrne, an expert in countryside management at Harper Adams College in Newport, about 200 miles northwest of London.
In a survey conducted by Byrne of wardens at Britain’s some 260 country parks, nearly two-thirds of respondents said public exhibitionism was a primary management problem, overtaking the traditional ills of graffiti and poaching.
“A number of park wardens said that dogging was a bigger problem,” Byrne said in an interview. “It is a very organized activity.”
Dogging is an extension of the swinging scene, Byrne said, with the difference that people set up meetings where they can watch people perform sexual acts, and then join in.
“This is more than couples going out for a kiss or a cuddle, or whatever,” he said.

OUTDOOR EXHIBITIONISM
British Web sites dedicated to dogging list hundreds of rural areas, from car parks to country parks, that lend themselves to outdoor exhibitionism.
“They use country parks, because they are accessible, usually 24/7, with no gates or fences. They are well marked. They fulfill the criteria for people meeting over long distances,” Byrne said.
The poor cousins of Britain’s storied national parks, country parks, managed by local authorities with smaller budgets, fit the bill. Byrne said many wardens are in charge of several parks and, due to demands on their time, visit infrequently.
Designed to protect the British countryside from urban sprawl, country parks have fought hard to survive the 40 years since their inception by government planners. A recent report by the Britain’s Countryside Agency declared 1990 to 2003 a “period of stagnation for most country parks,” which are used for conservation, recreation and children’s education.
Doggers, increasingly linked by Web sites and chat rooms, have seized on the parks for their outdoor activities, Byrne said. “Before, the meetings might be set up by phone, which would take longer. Now Internet sites will list meetings later the same night. It’s a much quicker turnaround.”

‘JUST WALKING THE DOG’
Exactly where the term “dogging” originated is of some dispute. Byrne said the term came from the police, who are told by “doggers” caught in the act that they are “just walking the dog.”
One British Web site, however, says the term hails from the swinging 1970s, and was used to describe voyeurs following, or “dogging,” couples having sex outdoors. Swingers, the site writes, have commandeered the term and given it modern meaning.
The act of dogging lives on the legal fringes. On Web sites, doggers defend the practice, viewing their cars, where much dogging takes place, as private property. But British laws protect unwilling witnesses to sexual behavior, especially in public spaces.

DAMAGE TO PARKS
While researcher Byrne said wardens had received complaints from passersby, the trash left behind after visits by late night doggers — condoms, bottles and lubricants — is having the biggest impact on the parks.
“There’s a concern that this activity can lead to a downturn in user groups of country parks,” Byrne said. “One site may get a reputation and decline even further. Not using it for what it was intended for will damage the integrity of the country parks.”
Byrne said park wardens who recognized the problem were liaising with local police to crack down on doggers.
One park warden, Katy Menday, a ranger for Ham Hill Country Park, said she was unaware of a dogging problem in Somerset, where a dogger identifying himself as “km” recently posted an online ad for “anyone interested in dogging at Ham Hill near Yeovil.”
“I’m afraid I don’t know what it is,” she said.

08-06-03 10:32 AM
MarthaMyDear HE'S COMING TO THE ROCKS OFF GET-TOGETHER AT STICKY FINGERS RESTAURANT ON AUGUST 26TH IN THE EVENING AND YOU'D BETTER SHOW-UP, ALSO, DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!! EMAIL GAZZA AT: [email protected] AND/OR POST IN THE THREAD FOR THAT THAT'S STICKIED TOWARDS THE TOP OF THE POSTS AND BE THERE OR BE SQUARE (AND WE WON'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER)!!! OVER AND OUT (WE ALREADY HAVE A NUMBER OF PEOPLE COMING, ALSO, SO IT'S LOOKING EEXCELLENT)!!!
PEACE and DO ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***
08-06-03 10:43 AM
Honky Tonk Man Sadly im nt getting up to anything like that. Sounds like fun. I have never had sex in a park. As soon as i get my new girlfreind, will be there. Full report whenever i get one.

08-06-03 10:44 AM
nankerphelge Don't forget your camera!!!

What's Zeeta been up to?
Maybe he's involved!!
08-06-03 10:57 AM
Zeeta I'm always dogging everywhere!!

You never showed up at Ham Hill though Nank - I am very upset and feel neglected!

I was looking forward to walking you!
08-06-03 11:01 AM
nankerphelge None for me thanks!
I'm trying to quit!!!!