ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mumbai - April 2003
With very special thanks to our new member Navin from Bangalare, India

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Anyone here................. Return to archive
08-06-03 12:10 AM
Martha .......going to see the Dead and Dylan show at Germain in Columbus, OH on Wednesday?
08-06-03 12:31 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy No, ma'am, but I am trying to go see him out in Bushkill.

Anyone else going?

-tSYX --- She don't look back...
08-06-03 01:08 AM
MarthaMyDear I ALREADY SAW HIM HERE IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA A FEW WEEKS
AGO!!! FUCKING EXCELLLENT!!!
ENJOY THE SHOW, YOU GUYS!!!
I don't know why he makes me laugh but he does!!!
lol................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
ENJOY THE SHOW AND ROCK ON, YOU
TWO!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
08-06-03 01:07 PM
Martha Oh Martha I'm so happy to know you did get to the show!!!!! the last I had heard was that you were looking ot sell your ticket...which really gave me a case of the blues so I am delighted that you got to go afterall!!!!

Looking very forward to the show tonight.

Savage..you rock my world...! :-)
08-06-03 01:38 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Martha wrote:

Looking very forward to the show tonight.

Have you been following the setlists at Boblinks? He's been doing some really cool stuff when he sits in with the Dead, and it seems to change every night. "Big River"..."Oh Boy"..."Around & Around"..."Johnny B. Goode"...sounds like he's having FUN, which is a precious commodity.

Have a great time, dear Martha, and let us know how it was!
08-07-03 12:32 PM
Martha
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Have you been following the setlists at Boblinks? He's been doing some really cool stuff when he sits in with the Dead, and it seems to change every night. "Big River"..."Oh Boy"..."Around & Around"..."Johnny B. Goode"...sounds like he's having FUN, which is a precious commodity.

Have a great time, dear Martha, and let us know how it was!

Hey FPM C10

Yeah, I've been following the sets and it looks like I'll have to go there (although I cannot bring myself to do so yet this AM) to see what he played last night.

I am heartsick as I tell you this...

we didn't get parked in the venue until he was well into playing "Honest With Me"...we missed all but two songs. I cried through half the friggin' show (I am already depressed so this didn't help at all). I just couldn't get over it.

The last 2-3 miles getting there was were we got held up since there is only one entrance into the place. *Except for the VIP area which costs 25 bucks to access....needless to say we don't pay for that privilege.

We literally sat in non-moving traffic for the last 1-2 miles and when we got close to the entrance (we were the third or second car ready to turn in to the venue), the cops blocked it off entirely and we had to go on past it (after having waited a good 35 minutes in that non-moving line) and do a U-turn and come back into THAT line to get in...which took another 20 - 25 minutes. It was a nightmare. A bad dream come to life.

Since I can't handle going to see the set-list right now I have no idea what was played last night. It was a not a good way to get started.

On a better note: Bob looked so good and was really active and upbeat last night. I did watch him off stage while he waited to come on with the Dead. He is a real fidgety character. I knew I had something in common with him. LOL

The show (what I saw of it) was great.

Once I get myself together I will offer more.

Savage...if you see this please PM me I have something I want to send you....soon!
08-07-03 02:00 PM
FPM C10 Oh, Martha, that is TERRIBLE!! When I saw Dylan in 2000, my buddy Gregg was late getting out of work and we missed the first 4 or 5 songs - but that's nothing compared to your horror story.

I heard he did "Subterranean Homesick Blues" with the Dead. That's one I've never heard live. How was that?

Cheer up, dear friend. There will be more shows.
08-07-03 02:21 PM
Mother baby
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

With Dylan? Yeah ALWAYS more shows. Now didn't someone call it the "never ending tour" awhile back?
08-07-03 03:12 PM
Martha
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Oh, Martha, that is TERRIBLE!! When I saw Dylan in 2000, my buddy Gregg was late getting out of work and we missed the first 4 or 5 songs - but that's nothing compared to your horror story.

I heard he did "Subterranean Homesick Blues" with the Dead. That's one I've never heard live. How was that?

That song was a gas..he took over the band and lead them on a merry chase...they thought the song was coming to an end and Bob gleefully did not stop playing...he was on the piano (the silver keyboard, not the Fender Rhoades)...and I was watching his every move with the binocs. I got a real kick out of watching him take over their band leadership. Then....the Dead got it in gear and kept on playing, a jam if you will at Bobn's beck and call...and suddenly Bob motions to the drummer that he was ending it...abruptly it seemed....and all the while he was laughing which let me know he was intentionally taking them on a ride of his own. He is such an imp...he lifted my spirits with his antics. What fun he was having last night.

Thanks for reminding me of this today FPM, my heart is very heavy...but I have also had a recent death to deal with...the loss of a girlfriend to cancer at age 50...and I am very lonesome living where my husband and I live so a lot of depression has taken me over lately. I just have to trust it will pass in time. The lovely, kind comments from those of you on this message board who offer that are invaluable to me right now. Thank you for that

Hugs and happiness to you all,
Martha

It better be a never ending tour 'cause I gotta catch some more shows Ronnie!

Johnny's in the basement mixing up the medicine....

Bob delivers those lines like water runnin off a duck's back with no prompters whatsoever!

And...He IS still the coolest man on the planet. Even Keith would concede to that. LOL