ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mumbai - April 2003
With very special thanks to our new member Navin from Bangalare, India

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Today's Taylor Header Return to archive
08-04-03 01:43 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy He looks good! Like he's lost a little weight, a bit less of the 'tired eyes' you usually see him with.

Man, that concert musta been killer.

-tSYX --- Everybody's steppin on their accelerator...
08-04-03 01:47 PM
jb Your a big guy yourself if I recall.....
08-04-03 01:48 PM
Boomy I think he wished he would've stayed with the Stones. I think he was just a weak guy, because he was young. He was tired of Keith giving him shit all of the time, and I'm guess he could only take it for so long.

I think he could've handled it better, but maybe it just drove him nuts.
08-04-03 01:54 PM
jb Correct...Keith was smart at one time and realized they needed a lead guitarist...MIck Taylor elevated the band to heights they have not achieved since his premature departure. Regrettably, Keith's decline began almost immediately after the great MT's departure, although in 75 and 78 he was quite good...MT, to any real stones fan(and there are very few here except for me and a few select others)is to be revered and thanked for being part of the greatest albums and concerts the Stones were part of.
08-04-03 02:24 PM
Nellcote Great is common overused term
08-04-03 02:27 PM
sandrew Izzy, I was gonna say the same thing: Taylor does look markedly better. ... I'm still holding out hope his gig in London while the Stones are there is more than just a coincidence.
08-04-03 07:23 PM
nankerphelge He looks better, but goddam he isn't looking spiffy at all!!

08-04-03 07:41 PM
Boomy Yeah. You'd think he'd get a cool leather jacket or somethin'.
08-04-03 07:42 PM
gypsy Is that a Member's Only jacket?
08-04-03 07:51 PM
nankerphelge Sure looks it -- and a striped, button down Arrow "Executive" shirt, I'd say about 19/34.

It's just not formerly-Stonesian at all!

08-04-03 08:07 PM
throbby Nanker! You surprise me. You surely are a man of wealth and taste.
08-04-03 08:10 PM
Child of the Moon Has anyone heard Mayall's Back to the Roots album, from 1970 (I think)? Taylor's on that one, and the whole album is really damn good. Nice lineups, full of past Bluesbreakers and all, like Clapton and Larry Taylor.

Yeah, Mick T is lookin' rather decent these days, even with the Members Only jackt.
08-04-03 09:19 PM
beer I'd rather dress like Taylor than wear that purple and pink shit mick and Keith wear nowadays.
08-04-03 09:24 PM
gypsy Mick has never had good taste in clothes. Keith just wears whatever...but it fits his "I don't give a shit" personality.
08-04-03 09:51 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy JB, I was, I was never quite Taylor's size, though. He and I own the same jacket (which quite pissed me off) - it barely got by his knees while mine makes it to the tops of my shoes. I've lost quite a bit of weight this year, still workin' on it, but I was never as massive as Micky T was about a year ago. He and I are currently both looking better.

Though naturally I look better than he does. It's some sort of tradeoff for being so much worse at the guitar.

This was me in February, at the only live appearance of the now-defunct proto-hard-rock band Please Disregard Stephanie:

And at the piano, performing "Another Brick In The Wall" at the first live performace of The Thames with me as lead singer, with a look that was described by photo-viewers as "Somewhere in between elation and constipation."

I've lost a good amount of weight and gained a small amount of muscle since then, so I'm all psyched. Still nowhere near you, Senor Greasy. Again, something about the tradeoff in talent. Or taste in music.

*KERPOW!*

As for our boy Micky T, he can dress however he likes. He's still one hell of a guitarist.

Poor Ronnie can't win. He's gone from those outrageous 1974 outfits to letting his wife pick out his clothes.

-tSYX --- What measures now must be taken...
08-04-03 11:33 PM
littleredrooster Xyzzy!

In that last picture it looks like you're passing some SEVERE GAS!!!!

Are you OK, now????????

JB,
You speak the truth about one important thing!

TAYLOR RULES!!! AND ALWAYS WILL !!!!!!
The BEST Stones ERA HANDS DOWN!!!!!!!

Roooostah Crows!!!
08-04-03 11:35 PM
littleredrooster And those that mock his weight in later life.......watch those fat little fingers FLY!!!

As the Salmon say....EAT MILT!!!!
Or as Joey says......EAT MILT!!!!

ROOOOOOSTAH
08-04-03 11:59 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! jb, it's so nice to know that you are among the select few of hard-core, true fans on this board. What would we do with out your superior Stones-ness!
08-05-03 01:31 AM
gypsy Savage, you are not near Mick T's size. I was actually quite pissed when I read jb's dumbass comment. But, jb is an idiot.
I remember seeing your picture before on the "We're Only In It For The Music" thread. I think you're cute...too young for me...but very cute and very intelligent.
08-05-03 08:03 AM
Factory Girl I thought you & jb kissed & made up??? Did I hallicunate again???
08-05-03 09:32 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This was the header:

With the Boss, benefit concert for UNICEF
Liverpool Docks, Liverpool July 19, 2003
Lick the image and visit John Mayall's Official Website
08-05-03 09:41 AM
jb LOL TSXY..I'm happy for you....I've come to like you despite your professed love for the Beatles and your overly analytical posts....if you keep it short AND STUPID, you can be like me one day!!!!!!!!!!!!
08-05-03 10:46 AM
telecaster gyspsy did you notice Mayalls wife beater shirt?

OK Blues Society
08-05-03 10:55 AM
jb TSXY, rooster is correct, as I previously pointed out, you look like you are straining to pass stool in that picture and or passing gas.....
08-05-03 11:06 AM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
TSXY, rooster is correct, as I previously pointed out, you look like you are straining to pass stool in that picture and or passing gas.....

actually jb I don't think it is a stool but a watermelon

Chew your food TSXY!
08-05-03 11:07 AM
jb LOL tele..maybe he is having a Justin Timberlake moment.
08-05-03 06:33 PM
gypsy Tele, I did notice Mayall's wifebeater...and that it is from Oklahoma.