ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mumbai - April 2003
With very special thanks to our new member Navin from Bangalare, India

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Izzy Stradlin Return to archive
08-04-03 06:05 AM
Jumacfly Hi Everybody...

Hope you re fine since the justin affair...Anyway, i m looking for informations about Izzy 's last record, no news here in France..I really give credit to this guy, a pure rocker IMO, have you heard about it??
On his first album for example he made a great cover of "take a look at the guy" with Ronnie on slide, which is one of Ronnie s carreer highlight, without a doubt...!!
If I can give advice about good records to have at home:
"and the ju ju hounds" 1992
"117 degrees" 1997
also got "river" but i don t like it...

I ve heard he recorded six differents records, anyone help??

Cheers

JU
08-04-03 11:14 AM
GimmeExile I love all of Izzy's solo albums. What I want is for him to get his ass back out on the road. TOUR!
08-04-03 11:28 AM
Jumacfly Hi !!
can you help me with Izzy discography??
a guy that cover "jivin sister fanny" on stage can t be bad....!!!!

Cheers
08-04-03 01:06 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
a guy that cover "jivin sister fanny" on stage can t be bad....!!!!

Ju, really man?! Oh God! I must find it!
I don't know Izzy very much, but I respect his old friend Slash very much. Slash loves the Rolling Stones as far as I know and another great classic stuff like Hendrix. Axl bastard Rose didn't like to have some Stones tunes on stage, but Slash always loved it.

Regards!
08-04-03 01:16 PM
jb Slash loves the Stones as he is jewish...a lot of jews love the Stones...then again, a lot of jews like Springsteen.
08-04-03 01:25 PM
Boomy Velvet Revolver is going to be a cool band.

I think Izzy is going to help them write some songs, but he's not going to be a member of the band
08-04-03 01:35 PM
jb I think Izzy is short of Issac...I think he is jewish as well...cool!!!!!!!!!
08-04-03 03:14 PM
Cardinal Fang
quote:
jb wrote:
I think Izzy is short of Issac...I think he is jewish as well...cool!!!!!!!!!

Josh !

"Izzy" is short for his REAL last name Isbell. His real name is Jeff Isbell. He is not jewish.

Slash is only half jewish.

The 78 Oakland show you saw was at the Oakland Coliseum. The Raiders still play there.

For the person who wanted Izzy's solo discography, here you go:

1992 - Izzy Stradlin & The Ju Ju Hounds

1998 - 117 Degrees

1999 - Ride On

2001 - River

2002 - On Down The Road

He's recording right now. I've heard some of it. Some of it sounds like 117 Degrees, some of it sounds like River.

I hope this helps you out ?

Later, Cardinal Fang

[Edited by Cardinal Fang]
08-04-03 03:35 PM
jb Thanks Cardinal.....Slash is 1/2 Jew....just like Howard Stearn...
08-04-03 10:11 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
jb wrote:
Thanks Cardinal.....Slash is 1/2 Jew....just like Howard Stearn...

Who the fuck cares? If you like or admire someone, who the fuck cares what their religion or ethnicity or anything is? I mean, unless you admire people who are all bad to other folks... then you *should* care.

Just play the fucking music! I couldn't care less whether you've had your tip snipped or think the Pope is the be-all and end-all or turn to the east and pray or whatever!

-tSYX --- Don't need the aggrivations, I'ma lazy slob...
08-04-03 10:27 PM
sammy davis jr. JB- you are a true idiot. Izzy Jewish? COOOL!!!! Uh......no.
08-05-03 12:43 AM
ComingDownAgain I agree that Velvet Revolver should be a great band if Weiland's vocals aren't completely gone from all the smack he's done but it hasn't ruined Keef's voice so I can't wait for Velvet's first album.

As for Izzy I haven't heard any of his work outside of the Roses but I'd love to hear his solo stuff I need to check it out, I hear the first one was the best.
08-05-03 03:33 AM
Jumacfly TO jj FLASH: yes he did it, you may find this cover on a japanese bootleg of his 1992 tour, i don t remember the name of the record....

To Cardinal: thanks for the discography !!!

To jb: do you like levy metal???

Cheers
JU
08-05-03 08:18 AM
Mathijs you can not be half Jewish. You either are Jewish (when your mom is) or not (when your mom isn't).

Simple init.

Mathijs
08-05-03 08:32 AM
Jumacfly Comingdown: Check his first release "and the juju hounds" an "117 degrees", they re pure rock n roll masterpiece...on the first one "take a look at the guy" with a great ronnie solo(and vocals too), on 117 degrees there is a nice cover of "memphis tennessee" from Chuck Berry..
you can buy them without any doubt, you ll spend good times!!
NB: Izzy plays with the georgia satellites guitar player and Mac (lagan of course)and Duff also appears on "the juju hounds"

Cheers

08-05-03 08:34 AM
steel driving hammer Well according to the Bible, everyone's Jewish.

When in fact, we know now thats not really true.

Funny ain't it.

I could care less my self actually.

08-05-03 08:37 AM
Factory Girl Why would shooting smack affect anyone's voice??
08-05-03 09:52 AM
Jumacfly I dont know for the voice, but sure for the brain!!
08-05-03 06:55 PM
Cardinal Fang
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
you can not be half Jewish. You either are Jewish (when your mom is) or not (when your mom isn't).

Simple init.

Mathijs

Hey Mathijs !!!

Long time no see !! I'll email you very soon, I promise !!

OK, using your criteria, then Slash isn't jewish at all. His father is, his mother isn't. (It's not like Saul goes to church anyway !!)

You still gigging ? I've been gigging semi-regularly this summer and I'm in the middle of recording some new stuff. My friend Adam's band The Beggarz are OPENING for Mick Taylor in a few weeks. You can imagine how stoked he is !!

Talk to you later Mathijs !!

Your old friend, Jimmy :-)

P.S. I also agree with the savage young Zxyzzy (sorry if I fucked up your name Bro !) I too DON'T CARE "what" your background is ! You are either "Cool" or you AIN'T !!

L8r :-)
08-05-03 08:28 PM
ComingDownAgain Jumacfly thanks for the heads up on Izzy.

Factory Girl: I'm not so sure about shooting it but I know that smoking heroin does damage your vocal chords over time and part of that with the mix of cigarettes and weed have caused Keith's voice to get so gravelly over the years. If you listen to Keith when he was young like on "Coming Down Again" he sounds a lot like Mick but now Mick's voice is still fairly smooth while Keith's is rough and I love them both but that's just how I see it.

Anyway Weiland's voice is different if you listen to it now it's much rougher and from things I've read I think it's due to smack. I could be wrong though.