ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mumbai - April 2003
With very special thanks to our new member Navin from Bangalare, India

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: So where's that Trivia part 2... Return to archive Page: 1 2
08-02-03 01:01 AM
Angiegirl ... or did I miss it already?
LOL!
08-03-03 05:25 PM
beer When will it be?
08-03-03 05:50 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Guess what I’m doing? LOL

Ok, here you go. For the following reasons we had a big delay

The remaining participants are really hard core fans with an advanced knowledge of the topics. At this point the questions must be really hard to answer, and we don’t want hard questions that can be found easily via intelligent webserach. For example we deleted several hard question from the three of us as with websites like Nico’s, Ian’s and ours can be answered easily. Those questions are already saved for the live trivia.

The intermediate questions must be then left for the live trivia or rejected, none of the next questions must be easier than the previous.

• Focus on the music, after all we’re only in it for it, isn’t it?
  • Be specific and be sure that there’s only one answer, it’s deterministic, we have evidences and we know it
  • Make an easy to evaluate trivia (I spent several hours to evaluate the first level and made two small mistakes, but one of them put Ruby Friday on the 2nd place as his answer was MJ I don’t know why I made that typo.)

To balance the questions we need to include what a musician does:

• Conceive/create/compose/write/arrange music.
  • Record/mix/produce music in the studio.
  • Arrange and make covers of other musicians, even to plagiarize music, or use portions of music by others in thei own music.
  • Perform live music on stage.
  • Perform live or mime on TV
  • Appear as a guest musician with other bands/musicians either live on stage or recording in the studio for future releases.
  • Produce music for others.
  • Take decisions to define the destiny of the band.
  • Music videos.
  • In the case of the Stones also acting in/producing films.
  • Make interviews or say quotes to the press.
  • Have a life.

Another reason of the delay is that we have been very busy and not on-line as usual. This is taking a lot of time to us and will take also your time

So the good news ==> I’m including the following bonus:

1.- The three winners will receive a CD and VCD with the live performance of Mick Taylor in Mexico City, edited by me. The first will have the CD/VCD ready to put in a box, the others will receive the art by e-mail.
    2.- The first and second places will also have the Keith print-out reserved for the third place as a friend asked me for a print-out and we printed his photo in his computer from my CD and he gave me for free two additional print-outs.

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
08-03-03 05:54 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl BTW, we are almost ready just need Jaxx input... Alsi I need to make some mp3 files and scan, edit and upload one photo.

THE TRIVIA WILL BE POSTED NO LATER THAN TOMORROW NIGHT (American time...)
08-03-03 06:22 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The format for the audio files will be MP3 as it's the most universal and any software can play them.

If you have problems with music files please rise your hand to see what we can do.
08-03-03 07:28 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy One love, Voodoo!

-tSYX --- Hang fire hang fire hang fire hang fire...
08-03-03 07:57 PM
Cant Catch Me Oh, cool, I can hardly wait!! I like the "focus on the music part" a lot.

Here's a suggestion, perhaps late, but it might help avoid some of the ambiguity we had on the first round, which is to link the answer with the source of the information. That way, there's no uncertainty even in cases where the "facts" might vary on who's recounting them.

For example, you might ask, "According to Bill Wyman, his first amp was a _______?"

Hope you're feeling lots better, Jaxx!
08-03-03 08:27 PM
beer No sound on my computer.
08-03-03 08:47 PM
stonedinaustralia do you have a burner beer?? if so you could download the files and burn them
08-03-03 09:10 PM
beer Nope, no burner either.
08-03-03 10:30 PM
Cardinal Fang
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
[*] Focus on the music, after all we’re only in it for it, isn’t it?
[*] Be specific and be sure that there’s only one answer, it’s deterministic, we have evidences and we know it
[*] Make an easy to evaluate trivia (I spent several hours to evaluate the first level and made two small mistakes, but one of them put Ruby Friday on the 2nd place as his answer was MJ I don’t know why I made that typo.)
[/list]

• Arrange and make covers of other musicians, even to plagiarize music, or use portions of music by others in thei own music.
  • Appear as a guest musician with other bands/musicians either live on stage or recording in the studio for future releases.
  • Music videos.
  • Have a life.

So the good news ==> I’m including the following bonus:

1.- The three winners will receive a CD and VCD with the live performance of Mick Taylor in Mexico City, edited by me. The first will have the CD/VCD ready to put in a box, the others will receive the art by e-mail.
    2.- The first and second places will also have the Keith print-out reserved for the third place as a friend asked me for a print-out and we printed his photo in his computer from my CD and he gave me for free two additional print-outs.

First of all I really wanted to THANK The Unholy Trinity and all of the work they have put into this.

QUOTE> "To balance the questions we need to include what a musician does:<

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE ACADEMY !! (Jonny and I say, "Thank You" !!)

As I have already said in the past, I'm not really playing for the photo. (I'll take a print out and probably donate my prize though) I'm playing more for the Mick Taylor DVD and just for a great "work out" !! lol.

To my brother G-Man: I will answer your email tonight. I also met "Tracy" :-) Last week !! (finally !!) She's on a book tour...(I'll tell you in private)

To my friend Jaxx: Get well and be well. See you when I get there.

para mi amigo Gerardo: IT DOESN'T, and YOU CAN'T! I WON'T and IT DON'T! IT HASN'T, IT ISN'T, IT EVEN AIN'T and IT SHOULDN'T, IT COULDN'T! He told me NO NO NO! I told him YES YES YES! (I said) "I do it all the time!"

Ain't this boogie a mess!

Be Good Everybody. I love "most of you" !!

Now I Gotta Jet.

Later, Cardinal Fang

08-04-03 10:05 AM
Angiegirl I think the questions are too difficult for me already .
Thanx all.
08-04-03 10:53 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Beer,

We think that these audios definately SHOULD be included

Come on! you live in the USA so we're sure it won't be a problem to access a public internet facility like Kinko's or something like that or your friends' computers, etc. Please be sure to get it, it will be easy for you and it's 4 points, so think about it and get ready.

We decided to extend the trivia to Wednesday but no more.
08-04-03 10:55 PM
Soul Survivor give me a list of the remaining participants

(So I know who to root for)
08-04-03 11:03 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Soul Survivor wrote:
give me a list of the remaining participants

(So I know who to root for)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think everyone's still in it, it's just that we all start the second round in various ups and/or downs.

Like golf. I broke even in the first round, while Cardinal Fang shot five under. That means that even if I scored 30 points this round and he scored 26, he'd beat me.

This is a hypothetical situation. I am perfectly expecting to score two or less points and enjoy the hell out of myself doing it. I will then make banners for the five finalists and sell them at the Live Event.

-tSYX --- The captain is down, but still believing...
08-04-03 11:04 PM
Soul Survivor Does that mean Im in??
08-04-03 11:06 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Soul Survivor wrote:
Does that mean Im in??

I dunno. We'll see what El Diablo Del YOTI has to say about it. That was just my understanding of the score chart. I could be wrong. It has happened before. Frequently, in fact.

-tSYX --- For the changing of the guards...
08-04-03 11:18 PM
stonedinaustralia well tSYX i understood it was the top ten that went on to round two

my question is are all scores accumulated over all rounds to find a winner (e.g. tSYX's golfing analogy)

or is each round a discrete event with all particiapants commencing that round on an even footing

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
08-05-03 10:59 AM
Angiegirl SIA, my thoughts exactly, and I also had sort of the same questions.

Gerardo????
08-06-03 01:24 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

• Music videos.
  • Have a life.

We're ready and the trivia will be on the board tomorrow, be ready

08-06-03 01:28 AM
Soul Survivor whose in?
08-06-03 01:43 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The first 10 from level 1
08-06-03 02:00 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl C. Fang
R. Friday
FPM C10
Angie
Beer
Parmeda
SIA
CC Me
Gomper
TSYX
08-06-03 12:53 PM
Angiegirl I'm ready...

... to be searching and frustrating and also having some fun, all night long...

... and to be having some 'A-HA' moments (hoping for a lot of those )
08-06-03 02:33 PM
Cant Catch Me Everything seems to be ready, everybody ready . . . we're sorry for the delay, is everybody ready . . . ?

Okay, let the wild rumpus begin!

Voodoo, do you mind telling us, how long will we have to answer the questions?

And, could you clarify whether the scoring is cumulative over the three rounds, or do qualifiers begin each round fresh?

I'm for a fresh start (never blew a second chance!), because it gives us non-Stonesologists a slight hope, however remote.
08-06-03 10:08 PM
FPM C10 Am I missing something? Isn't something supposed to be happening tonight?
08-06-03 10:18 PM
Angiegirl Yeah, where's the trivia Gerardo ???
08-06-03 10:35 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Yeah, where's the trivia Gerardo ???

Patience! Our Cousin Gerardo does have a life, y'know, just like the rest of us. I'm sure he'll get it in before the end of his night, which might be later than our nights (and definitely later than your nights, Angiegirl... go to bed!)

I'm lookin' for it, too, but I'm sure it'll come.

Any dayyyy now, Any day na-aowww... I shall be released!

-tSYX --- Ride, Willie, ride...
08-06-03 10:39 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
(and definitely later than your nights, Angiegirl... go to bed!)

!!!! Yeah, you're right, it's 4.40 am here. I was planning on going to bed, but wanted to check if the questions were up, so I could keep thinking about them and not being able to sleep. I like that .
08-06-03 10:39 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I'm back and testing the tracks and the photos, in just some minutes it will be up
Page: 1 2